Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2015, 10:04 AM

7,333 posts, read 2,741,592 times

Advertisements

It is with great sadness that I inform you our friend, LilyLady, passed away this morning. Rest In Peace,
Lily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 10:10 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
R.I.P., LilyLady. May the angels sing you Home.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:41 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Woman View Post
It is with great sadness that I inform you our friend, LilyLady, passed away this morning. Rest In Peace,
Lily.
That is sad. I appreciated her time here. We shared a similar career path... It is like losing a family member.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:33 AM

30,500 posts, read 16,206,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post

Please don't forget me.
Like ripples in the water, your kindness and strength will continue to affect those who came in contact with you.

Your life made a difference. Thank you, LilyLady.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:58 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
I'm so sorry to know about LilyLady's passing. My condolences to her family and friends.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:25 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,252,809 times
I just read this about LilyLady. So sorry to hear of her passing. May she be at peace now and in no pain.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:54 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
Had my LAST SCAN EVER last week and found out that I am 4 years in remission from lymphoma! I've been having a lot of pain issues in the area about where my biggest tumors were. Onc thinks it's probably a posture issue and referred me back to my primary care physician- but not cancer!

I've had a scary few months thinking I was relapsing. Between the pain and then getting bronchitis for a month followed by pleurisy for another month, it was really scary times. I had a lot of affected lymph nodes when I was diagnosed, including a mass in my chest making it harder to breathe. Getting pleurisy scared the ever living poop out of me, because pleurisy can be a symptom of a tumor in the chest. Thank goodness it was just a result of the really awful winter we had here in Boston and having to go shovel my driveway of 3 feet of snow every weekend for a month.

I'm at a point in remission where I'm feeling comfortable to make life changes again. I had a second interview for a job that would bring me back to my hometown (and a whole new set of doctors 1000 miles away) this week, and I'm looking for other work. Most days I'm still not convinced that it won't come back, but I'm finally at the point where I'm comfortable enough that it won't come back at least in the next year that I can apply elsewhere and hope for the best to make a year so I qualify for FMLA. There's nowhere for me to move up in my organization and I'm underpaid compared to peer organization in the area. It's time.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:51 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
So happy for your good news! Hope the job/city changes work out well for you, you deserve it after what you've been through.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:27 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Great news, charo, and so glad to hear that!

Old 07-30-2015, 02:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Had my LAST SCAN EVER last week and found out that I am 4 years in remission from lymphoma! I've been having a lot of pain issues in the area about where my biggest tumors were. Onc thinks it's probably a posture issue and referred me back to my primary care physician- but not cancer!

I've had a scary few months thinking I was relapsing. Between the pain and then getting bronchitis for a month followed by pleurisy for another month, it was really scary times. I had a lot of affected lymph nodes when I was diagnosed, including a mass in my chest making it harder to breathe. Getting pleurisy scared the ever living poop out of me, because pleurisy can be a symptom of a tumor in the chest. Thank goodness it was just a result of the really awful winter we had here in Boston and having to go shovel my driveway of 3 feet of snow every weekend for a month.

I'm at a point in remission where I'm feeling comfortable to make life changes again. I had a second interview for a job that would bring me back to my hometown (and a whole new set of doctors 1000 miles away) this week, and I'm looking for other work. Most days I'm still not convinced that it won't come back, but I'm finally at the point where I'm comfortable enough that it won't come back at least in the next year that I can apply elsewhere and hope for the best to make a year so I qualify for FMLA. There's nowhere for me to move up in my organization and I'm underpaid compared to peer organization in the area. It's time.
What wonderful news. Hubby is close to that: he did have a very tiny cancer on his breast about a year and 1/2 ago. It was so small doctor got it all just from the biopsy. Other than that he is now 3 years since he finished his radiation and 3 1/2 years since he started radiation.

It is time, you do what is best for you. Good luck and please keep us posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer