Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 07:14 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,932,494 times

Advertisements

Tapping a pleural effusion, done correctly, is NOT a painful procedure and most patients feel MUCH better afterward.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:20 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Rose...

Normally we don't discuss Moderation in the forums but in this case I agree with you partially and Viralmd partially. We aren't allowed to copy and paste entire articles, etc. but we can post the links and two lines of the article. I will try to figure out a way to report your links in your post. It may take me a bit.

Thanks for your patience!

Beretta

Old 08-22-2009, 06:50 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
If she was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in 2008 (I'm not clear on when it was diagnosed), from what I've read, she might be surviving longer then most.

Mod cut: copyright violation

You might have a look at my tips post. There are new things. I don't know if she's done targeted chemotherapy and if it's available to her. I haven't done a lot of reading about it.

Has the doctor given her any idea of a prognosis, meaning how much time she has?

Now, I'm not sure if I linked to the right cancer. Do you know if its correct?
Edited to add your links back in:

Stage 4 (Metastatic) Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - Prognosis With Stage 4 (Metastatic) Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
The overall 5-year survival rate for stage 4 lung cancer is sadly less than 10%. The median survival time (time at which 50% of patients are alive and 50% have passed away) is about 8 months.

Mayo Clinic - Stages of non-small cell lung cancer

Oncology lung cancer (http://www.oncologychannel.com/lungcancer/treatment.shtml - broken link) - Forecasting the Course of Disease: Lung Cancer Prognosis
Overall, fewer than 10% of people with primary lung cancer are alive 5 years after diagnosis. But 5-year survival rates may be as high as 35–40% among patients who undergo surgical resection for cancer that has not spread beyond the lung. General estimates of stage-specific median survival times—the point at which 50% of patients are still living

May be of help - survivors of Terminal Stage 4 lung cancer

Old 09-05-2009, 02:49 PM

16 posts, read 54,655 times
Default Celia

[quote=Cecilia_Rose;9981722]Sorry didnt notice this sooner. Im doin ok. Things got a little crazy busy there for awhile. Just about done dealing with the aftermath of the estates. Moms house is fixed up and I think I have it sold. (knock on wood) My husbands been in and out of hospital. He just got a new shiny pace maker and a defibulator. I lost Mr Mouskiewitz but I gained 17 snitty kitties from my Mom. (Yes I said 17) Dont know what Ill do with myself when all this excitement stops.

This is an old thread Hon. Mom passed away in March of 2008. I agree with you on the chemo tho but it wasnt my choice to make. Thank you for your kind thoughts[/Sorry so is life next month is 1 year since Owen is gone

Old 10-23-2010, 04:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,362 times
I would say. Let her live out the days God gives her and don't put her through the hell or radiation and chemo. All that does is take away her quality of life.
God Bless!

Old 10-23-2010, 06:16 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinssly View Post
I would say. Let her live out the days God gives her and don't put her through the hell or radiation and chemo. All that does is take away her quality of life.
God Bless!
very old thread and the OP's patient has already passed away, which you would know if you bothered to actually read the whole thread. Now she will get a message that someone responded to her post and it will all be brought back.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer