Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:24 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times

Advertisements

Thanks, you all are so understanding. The funeral was today but she handled it okay, probably better than I would in the same position.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:05 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,520 posts, read 6,327,828 times
Mom is gone. She went downhill fast but she didnt suffer. Lots of Morphine. She didnt even know I was there these last few days. But thats okay. I know.

The funeral was very small. Just a couple cousins. The Outlaws didnt even send flowers. Lots of flowers tho. All my clients sent flowers. I called a couple to cancel and they blabbed.

I guess this officially makes me an orphan now. She was my last close relative. I dont even have a cat since I lost Mr Mouskiewitz.

Last edited by Cecilia_Rose; 03-26-2008 at 07:14 PM..

Old 03-26-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I just wanted to step in and give an update on my last post. My stepgrandfather passed away yesterday morning. We were really worried that he would be in pain because the hospice nurse told us his lungs would fill with fluid, but he didn't seem to be in pain at all. I think the morphine really helped him in his last few days. Hopefully someday there will be a better treatment than chemotherapy.
Im sorry for your loss.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:25 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Mom is gone. She went downhill fast but she didnt suffer. Lots of Morphine. She didnt even know I was there these last few days. But thats okay. I know.

The funeral was very small. Just a couple cousins. The Outlaws didnt even send flowers. Lots of flowers tho. All my clients sent flowers. I called a couple to cancel and they blabbed.

I guess this officially makes me an orphan now. She was my last close relative. I dont even have a cat since I lost Mr Mouskiewitz.
I'm so sorry that you lost her. *HUGS* Drop me a line if you need to talk... you know that I know how you feel. Take a breath now and relax a little... she knew you were there, she just couldn't show it. Take care...

Old 03-26-2008, 08:10 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
I'm so sorry Cecelia, I know what you are going through. Thank goodness she didn't suffer. Right now we're trying to get hospice to hurry up and come get the bed and equipment out of my grandmas house, she says she just can't stand to look at it any longer. I know what you mean about those certain types of family members too. My grandma's stepson was already asking for his dad's new truck before he even passed away. This man never even came to visit his dad, but now all of a sudden he shows up to claim his new truck. My grandma doesn't want to give it to him because of the way he acts, but she also doesn't want to go against her husband's wishes (he promised it to him). It's sad.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:27 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post

Oh, Cecilia,
I am so sorry . I hope you have the support of good friends and a loving partner. It's so hard to lose a parent, even or especially if the relationship wasn't the greatest. I think if you have a wonderful relationship, you don't have any regrets and that helps a little bit. I wish I knew what to say....but I don't, other than time helps. Maybe it would be a good time to adopt a kitty, if that is possible. Do something good for yourself! Lots of hugs and my sincere condolences.
Katz

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-26-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
I'm so sorry that you lost her. *HUGS* Drop me a line if you need to talk... you know that I know how you feel. Take a breath now and relax a little... she knew you were there, she just couldn't show it. Take care...

Thanks for the sentiments but Im okay. I cant relax yet tho. No rest for the wicked. I have to get her house cleaned out. Fixed up and sold. Now. I own the house she lived in. She paid half the mortgage payment and the utlities. I paid the rest. But I cant afford to pay it all plus my stuff. Good thing I do my own DIY.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I'm so sorry Cecelia, I know what you are going through. Thank goodness she didn't suffer. Right now we're trying to get hospice to hurry up and come get the bed and equipment out of my grandmas house, she says she just can't stand to look at it any longer. I know what you mean about those certain types of family members too. My grandma's stepson was already asking for his dad's new truck before he even passed away. This man never even came to visit his dad, but now all of a sudden he shows up to claim his new truck. My grandma doesn't want to give it to him because of the way he acts, but she also doesn't want to go against her husband's wishes (he promised it to him). It's sad.
I sorry your Grandma is having trouble with her Outlaw. Mine used to bother me but I am so over them now. If she doesnt want to give him the truck then she shouldnt. He wont be back either way. She should sell it and save the money back just in case. You never know what bills may pop up.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:57 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
may i say sorry for your loss. it is so hard to see a loved one in that position. my mother died recently of cancer and i know what a rollercoaster it is

Old 03-26-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Oh, Cecilia,
I am so sorry . I hope you have the support of good friends and a loving partner. It's so hard to lose a parent, even or especially if the relationship wasn't the greatest. I think if you have a wonderful relationship, you don't have any regrets and that helps a little bit. I wish I knew what to say....but I don't, other than time helps. Maybe it would be a good time to adopt a kitty, if that is possible. Do something good for yourself! Lots of hugs and my sincere condolences.
Katz
Sorry didnt mean to make you sad. Im okay. No regrets. Just feeling a little sorry for myself for a second there. Its been just me and Mom for a while now. And now its just me. Ive been persona non grata since the Huz went to jail. But hey. If I need to talk I just go on line. Even if its 3am theres always somebody there.

Ive looked a cat or two but I keep comparing them to Mr Mouskiewitz. No time right now anyway. Maybe after I get things settled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer