Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2010, 03:25 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,134,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
He's a beauty! How much does he weigh now? Still rather on the small side?
My boy is growing...he is a solid 8 pounds now. I dont know what happened other than getting an extra dose of wet food each day due to needing to help put some weight back on Munckin after the tape worm incident....or it could be all those Greenies Goyguy sends him . He is a hoover, lays in the kitchen anytime I make something hoping to catch anything I drop...he's helpful that way.
Definately on his way to be a big boy, very square shaped body and more fur that any cat that I have ever lived with!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 06:55 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
He is a beauty but really 8 lbs is not much.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:33 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times
He's less than a year old, though. And I think you could've measured his weight in ounces when he first showed up on the doorstep right before the Fourth of July. Now his coat probably weighs more than his entire body did six months ago, LOL...
The TO's profile photos show him getting into care packages I mailed in August and at Christmas, and you wouldn't know that it's the same cat. But Greenies alone can't do that, it's the sense of security and all the TLC he's gotten that were the key.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:48 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
He's less than a year old, though. And I think you could've measured his weight in ounces when he first showed up on the doorstep right before the Fourth of July. Now his coat probably weighs more than his entire body did six months ago, LOL...
The TO's profile photos show him getting into care packages I mailed in August and at Christmas, and you wouldn't know that it's the same cat. But Greenies alone can't do that, it's the sense of security and all the TLC he's gotten that were the key.

yes, yes and yes......

Old 01-11-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
But Greenies alone can't do that, it's the sense of security and all the TLC he's gotten that were the key.
Ah, thank you ..We just love our little Sidney and feel very blessed to have him as part of our family!

BTW, I posted that most recent picture of him on my Facebook and my neighbor who is an artist wants to do a watercolor painting of him. She loves his expression in the picture and the plant in the background. If she does do the painting I will of course share it will all of you!

Old 01-13-2010, 10:20 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
I can hardly wait to see it!

Old 01-14-2010, 04:58 AM

Not to bring anyone down, but I will be adding to Rainbow Bridge today. Sidneys older brother by another mother Snarf, had a stroke last night and we had to have him put to sleep at about 3am. We are a mess, and Sidney senses it, for the first time ever he slept on my stomach just a bit ago. I laid down but have not been able to go back to sleep since we came home from the vets.
Snarf had an enlarged heart and had just turned 7 in October. Go hug all your fur babies for me.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:10 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
Not to bring anyone down, but I will be adding to Rainbow Bridge today. Sidneys older brother by another mother Snarf, had a stroke last night and we had to have him put to sleep at about 3am. We are a mess, and Sidney senses it, for the first time ever he slept on my stomach just a bit ago. I laid down but have not been able to go back to sleep since we came home from the vets.
Snarf had an enlarged heart and had just turned 7 in October. Go hug all your fur babies for me.
I'm so sorry to hear that.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:00 AM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
I'm so sorry about Snarf. Bless little Sidney for being there to comfort you. Take care.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:42 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
So sorry to hear that. May he await us all in the great catnip fields of the sky, happy and healthy, with lots of new friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats