Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times

Advertisements

Rest in peace, Snarfkitty.

{{{Hartwell Girl}}}
{{{Sidney}}}
{{{All the other kitties}}}
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 09:33 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times

Old 01-24-2010, 07:30 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,134,334 times
I thank you all again for your kind words about my Snarf. I am still taking it one day at a time.
A lot has changed recently in our household, with the passing of my beloved Snarf our little Sidney decided he wanted to be my baby cat now...some switch went off in his head or maybe he is just dealing with the loss of Snarf too but he has become my shadow. Laying next to me in bed, on the couch, on the computer desk, anywhere within a foot of me is where you will find him. He has been quite the comfort for me and I have nicknamed him my little prince as Snarf was the King of this house. Munchkin (our orange & white fur baby) is still having a lot of issues sulking and wandering around the house looking for Snarf...it breaks my heart. I comfort him as much as I possibly can.

On another note, you may remember when I first started this thread that there was a cat that showed up in our yard shortly after Sidney....we fed him, and eventually got him to trust us enough to pet him. I set dry food out daily, fed him wet food every morning and made him a bed on our large covered porch. He was a lot of fun to be around when I gardened outside, he became a more comfortable with us and pretty much decided to move in on our front porch. We tried to find him a home and then when it got cold, we tried to make him a warm bed...but we worried too much about him and brought him into an area we closed off with 3 large rooms for him to roam in. We got him neutered and tested for all feline yucks, and then he got all his shots...and of course you guessed it, he is going to stay with us now. We call him Sport, actually our neighbor gave him that name when he was an outside stray and it just kinda stuck. He is a sweet boy, a young male about a year old. Sidney hissed at him as we tried to introduce them the other day, and Munchkin growled like nothing I had ever heard before. I have introduced cats to eachother before but I wonder if in Munchkins case that its just too soon. He was Snarfs pal for the longest time before Sidney joined us.
Anyway, I just wanted you all to know that I and our fur babies are doing as well as can be expected and that my Sidney bug has REALLY helped me through the loss of Snarf. He is a very sweet cat and I am glad he came into our lives!

Here is a picture of Sport, people are going to think I have a fondness for tabbys only, but I love ALL 4 legged fur babies!

Old 01-24-2010, 08:06 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
lol, are you sure that is not Sidney's brother? He sure is beautiful.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
lol, are you sure that is not Sidney's brother? He sure is beautiful.
When I first spotted him I thought he was Sidneys mommy--but then I realized he was a male. When I first spotted him in July he appeared to be no more than 6 to 8 months, but he was very skinny too. He and Sidney dont look much a like in person. Sidneys body shape is very square and boxy--very short legs and only a small bit of white on his chin, the rest is all cream. Sidney looks doesnt look much like any cat I've ever seen..his head is very small and his fur is like silk and very thick, and his tail, well, its like a dust mop. He loves to be brushed and combed daily...he will lay there for hours and let you do it. TV time in the evening is brushing time for Sidney. Sport likes to be brushed too but his coat is very brittle, not soft to the touch at all...Hopefully his more controlled diet and indoor life and daily brushings will change that. We will take care of him! He is a chatty guy, loves to talk and chirp, seems quite appreciative to have a warm home!

Poor Muchkin, I tried to explain to him that we have the ability to help another Kitty in need, but he didnt seem to care, quite honestly, he seems quite ticked at me. But I kindly remind him that he was a sick little stray kitten too and we just cant turn a blind eye to an animal in need...
Darned it I do, darned if I dont... too much animal drama in this house lately!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:30 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
But good animal drama!

Old 01-24-2010, 12:29 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Beuatiful cat! There's never too many cats in a house as far as I am concerned.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:49 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times
His paws (the front pair anyway) have that dipped-in-milk look just like you-know-who's did.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:35 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,759,271 times
He is gorgeous and lucky to be loved

Old 01-24-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
His paws (the front pair anyway) have that dipped-in-milk look just like you-know-who's did.
He does look like Snarf except for the long hair & Snarf had a white tipped tail. Snarf was also a green eyed baby and all my other boys have yellow eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats