Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 11:07 AM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,429,591 times

Advertisements

Sad to hear this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 11:36 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
With all the serious problems facing our country and the world today, and the countless other nameless people with HIV, AIDS, Cancer, heart attacks, etc who don't get to press conference their health issues, we should care because......
Maybe we are reminded that AIDS is still with us. It has not gone away. A TV star like Charlie Sheen can highlight the dangers of a high risk lifestyle for all to see. He is the type that will allow us all to see the ravages of AIDS as it affects him. Maybe Charlie will become the poster boy for the AIDS movement. Stay tuned.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:38 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,529,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I haven't seen the pictures and I probably couldn't tell the difference since I never watched his shows but I do wonder if this whole media circus was not planned by Sheen's team. Maybe he is dying soon or there are lawsuits on the way.

It's still sad. I know people comfort themselves thinking it only happens to "bad people". But that's not how diseases always work. I don't believe there is an invisible power making sure only "bad people" get bad things. Sure some people are irresponsible, but sometimes good people make bad choices, others get infected through a partner who is cheating on them. If the world was such a fair place there would be no children with Cancer, AIDS or physically or sexually abused. Even if someone acts irresponsibly it is a condition no one deserves.

I think those who are making this a joke or saying that Sheen deserved it are despicable people. Hopefully no one will make fun of them when they or someone in their family get a disease with no cure. None of us are immortal and probably most of us will have horrible painful deaths.
I take no pleasure in Sheen's illness, he has a very ugly and short future ahead. But life has it's risks, we could get hit by a bus, be in a car accident, any number of random things. But he chose to participate in a very risky lifestyle of unprotected sex and drugs, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that will lead to bad things. Did he deserve it, no absolutely not, did he bring it on himself, the answer is yes.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:40 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
I find him absolutely repulsive in every way.
he is gross to look at, skank !!

no i dont feel sorry for him, or any of his stupid enough partners that had unprotected sex.

please. i dont feel sorry for stupid

live dangerously - die young

Old 11-17-2015, 11:43 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,666,155 times
Assuming he follows his treatment and stops doing drugs and drinking he could live a relatively normal life and live for decades without ever getting AIDS.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:11 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,075,723 times
Impossible, probably not, but extremely low, yes.

Under modern day HIV treatment which gets a person's HIV viral load to undetectable, in a practical sense it is nearly impossible to transmit. The PARTNER study backs this up: HIV & AIDS Information :: No-one with an undetectable viral load, gay or heterosexual, transmits HIV in first two years of PARTNER study

Quote:
Originally Posted by qingguy View Post
Yea, not sure I'd take Charlie's word on it being impossible for him to transmit it, I trust the CDC over him. Even his Dr. wouldn't admit on the Today show that it was impossible.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:15 PM

17,606 posts, read 15,284,873 times
I don't think many people are making fun of him having the disease.. More making fun of him for, first off, being a total nutjob and the fact that him being a total nutjob has led to his current situation.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:26 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,813,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
He said it is impossible that he could have transmitted the virus, btw.
The possibility of transmission is low if the infected person is responsible - which has never been a word used to describe the behavior of Sheen.

He probably was coached by his lawyer. If he would have said, "I don't know - it's possible I infected others," he'd have foolishly exposed himself to liability claims. Some people will probably still go after him, but he's smart to set up a proactive defense.

We may end up getting into a discussion about "simple" v "gross" negligence.

Bill

Last edited by UTES; 11-17-2015 at 12:36 PM..

Old 11-17-2015, 12:33 PM

951 posts, read 1,453,707 times
Why did he have sex without a condom?

That's stupid

yeah he might be crazy but he is not stupid

Old 11-17-2015, 12:46 PM

1,077 posts, read 873,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I haven't seen the pictures and I probably couldn't tell the difference since I never watched his shows but I do wonder if this whole media circus was not planned by Sheen's team. Maybe he is dying soon or there are lawsuits on the way.

It's still sad. I know people comfort themselves thinking it only happens to "bad people". But that's not how diseases always work. I don't believe there is an invisible power making sure only "bad people" get bad things. Sure some people are irresponsible, but sometimes good people make bad choices, others get infected through a partner who is cheating on them. If the world was such a fair place there would be no children with Cancer, AIDS or physically or sexually abused. Even if someone acts irresponsibly it is a condition no one deserves.

I think those who are making this a joke or saying that Sheen deserved it are despicable people. Hopefully no one will make fun of them when they or someone in their family get a disease with no cure. None of us are immortal and probably most of us will have horrible painful deaths.

Lawsuits on the way. Even as his doctor said the HIV virus is undetectable, he should always use precaution and use a damn condom.

Disgusted how he paid out, according to an article, $10M to those who were extorting/blackmailing him. So, his coming out ends the extortion.

I hope he gets his health in order.

Quote:

Although Sheen said on the Today show that he has told every one of
his sexual partners about his diagnosis -- without exception -- since he learned
of his status roughly four years ago, according to TMZ, at least
six women have already lawyered up and plan to sue him for intentional
infliction of emotional distress, fraud, and sexual battery. The women claim
they had both protected and unprotected sex with Sheen -- as recently as last
month -- and he did not disclose his HIV status, the outlet reports.

However, legal experts tell ET that unless one of Sheen's partners tests
positive -- none so far have said that they did -- and can prove that he
intentionally infected them, under California law he would not be charged with
any crime. Even civil lawsuits, the experts said, were unlikely to gain any
traction unless an HIV-positive partner could prove Sheen was at fault, which
would be very tough to establish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities