Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 07:57 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You quote a paragraph of mine where I don't even mention Matt Lauer, but instead talk about a general principle of an assumption of innocence until guilt or responsibility is proven (and yes, I know this is not a court of law)
This thread is about Matt Lauer being fired by NBC news. If you want to talk about the general assumption of innocence/guilt, you are free to start a new thread in a more appropriate forum.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:31 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Two questions--
Now that the women have come out and one or more provided credible evidence (photo evidence) of his harassment
1--are criminal charges likely to be forthcoming?
2--are civil charges likely to be forthcoming from the women directly against Lauer...
I note that they don't seem to be claiming NBC was promoting a "hostile work environment" even though Lauer apparently was a sleeze at work and there WAS a hostile work environment in that the women were afraid to go forward with complaints or to act natural in the sense of being plesant, have positive discussions because that would cause Lauer to start harassing
Apparently it didn't take much to set him off...

Old 11-29-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I am sure that NBC did it's due diligence before firing Lauer. This is why so many women don't come forward. People are questioning the victim.
Apparently some of the photos the woman who was the intern at Winter Olympics saved are pretty conclusive
And Lauer has deep pockets himself--I am sure they wanted to ensure the proof was incontrovertible to avoid Lauer suing NBC for wrongful dismissal...

Old 11-29-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
I can't stand his voice---so he was never an icon to me...
And I would think someone like Mr. Rogers would be more akin to the Pope
But hey, the Pope might be guilty of harassing choir boys...

Old 11-29-2017, 08:48 PM

545 posts, read 411,989 times
Goodbye and good riddance. Never liked Matt Lauer, but when he got Ann Curry fired, I liked him even less.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:54 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,802,064 times
he always came across as a cocky SOB. Good riddance

Old 11-29-2017, 09:18 PM

1,149 posts, read 935,660 times
Here is an example: My uncle is extremely dedicated to his wife and family. Had been a supervisor at his job for years. He told a joke one day and a woman reported it was "offensive". HE GOT FIRED. Don't know all the details about Matt, but seems some women are going overboard since all these accusations have came out about celebrities, etc. Do they not know this man is worth millions and can get the best lawyers. I am a woman and am not a feminist by any means. It seems to be a double standard. Why ruin someone's career. The truth will come out. During my 20's a coworker of mine, an older gentlemen, told me I had a "dancer's body". I totally took it as a compliment. My, how times have changed!

Old 11-29-2017, 09:51 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
Here is an example: My uncle is extremely dedicated to his wife and family. Had been a supervisor at his job for years. He told a joke one day and a woman reported it was "offensive". HE GOT FIRED. Don't know all the details about Matt, but seems some women are going overboard since all these accusations have came out about celebrities, etc. Do they not know this man is worth millions and can get the best lawyers. I am a woman and am not a feminist by any means. It seems to be a double standard. Why ruin someone's career. The truth will come out. During my 20's a coworker of mine, an older gentlemen, told me I had a "dancer's body". I totally took it as a compliment. My, how times have changed!
Although it was 10 years ago, one of my male employees said to a female employee, "You dress so nicely you could be a model". She filed a complaint. That was dismissed. Another employee asked her out for dinner. She filed a complaint. That was dismissed. A third situation, which I won't describe, was initiated by her, she filed a complaint, and in this case the male employee said something that was clearly inappropriate even though she initiated a questionable conversation. We did formally reprimand the male employee on that one.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:56 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
I am a woman and am not a feminist by any means.
I'll never understand women who say this. Why wouldn't you want women to have equal rights?

Old 11-29-2017, 09:57 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,697,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
You left off the part where he gave her written instructions on exactly how he wanted to use the sex toy on her. You find nothing wrong with that? I find it very disturbing and yes, as an adult woman I would be mortified if a male colleague gave me such a "gift".
That is a good point and if his written instructions are still available they would serve as evidence in any quasi legal case against Lauer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities