Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 04:54 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,309 times

Advertisements

I cried over John Lennon and Princess Di. I also cried when I watched Jackie Kennedy Onassis' funeral.

Oh...I was always a fan of Erma Bombeck's writing. When she died I got choked up too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 05:03 AM

114 posts, read 362,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eehtaht View Post
Tupac-as I recall I sobbed longer for him than my own dad in one time frame.Over the course of the years of course I'm still grieving my father.I think too,the tragedy surrounding a death affects me. Also,I miss Micheal Jackson and cried a couple of times so far.
I wanted to add that you never know whose passing is gonna touch you.I can't recall the year it was.My mom came busting through my door crying and hollering,"they killed her,they killed her".I asked who as my heart was about to jump out of my chest.I was stunned when she said Princess Di.
No offense,I was relieved it wasn't a relative/friend.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:30 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I was also sad about Anna Nicole. Not even really sure why. I was a huge fan or anything but I always thought she was a beauty but very messed up. Plus I felt so bad for her losing her son.
Not a fan of her, she was a beautiful girl who followed her dream.
When she had her baby, I was dealing with my dad's death.
I remember her son passing, Larry was so public about the baby's DNA.
Here she is trying to deal with a happy day, the birth of little Danniellynn when her son dies. I don't feel Larry was respectful of her with what he did and when; the baby wasn't going anywhere; it was not the time to do what he did.

Honestly, it was too much for her; it takes an awful strong person to deal with something like that, losing her son ripped her heart out. I feel that if Larry left her alone she might still be here.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:59 AM

727 posts, read 1,891,044 times
If its one that affects my life like Michael Jackson,Marvin Gaye,Left Eye etc.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:40 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,590 times
Not Michael but definitely John Ritter...I thought of John right after they said MJ went into cardiac arrest.....

Princess Di----- JFK,JR... that was surreal when I heard....he was my idol!

Old 06-26-2009, 06:48 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
Yes I cried yesterday when I heard about farrah fawcett . she and ryan oneal seemed so suited to each other . I was hoping that they would have a chance to get married like they wanted too. I hope nothing but the best for her son and thank god that her son redmond has ryan oneal to lean on now . I wish him well and I hope ryan oneals pain is eased soon .

Old 06-26-2009, 07:20 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
I am absolutely surprised at two things:

1. So many people crying over Aalyiah.
2. So man AMERICANS crying over Princess Diana

Both deaths where sad, but Aalyiah wasnt a HUGE HUGE star yet. Princess Diana may (or may not) have been huge in the U.K. but I dont she was all that much here in the U.S.A. Maybe with the 50 years and older female crowd she was popular, but not with the everyday American.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:29 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
I cried when John Kennedy, Jr. died but the tears were really for his sister Caroline. I knew her pain: the premature loss of an only sibling and little brother.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:29 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I cried a little over John Ritter's death. It really made me sad. I loved him.
Yeah, me too. And Jimmy Stewart.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:34 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I am absolutely surprised at two things:

1. So many people crying over Aalyiah.

Both deaths where sad, but Aalyiah wasnt a HUGE HUGE star yet.
Aaliyah was a huge star to me. I remember the day I first saw her first video Back & Forth ( I was 15) and began following her career on that day. I had every album and was in awe of all her videos. I thought she was beautiful and I really admired her. I think I was also only 2 years older, so I felt like she was a friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities