Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 10:43 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times

Advertisements

I cried over Neda's death in Iran earlier this week. You can say she is a "celebrity" as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 10:50 PM

416 posts, read 407,829 times
I shed a few for Aaliyah, Paul Newman, Farrah Fawcett and Heath Ledger.

I really went to town over Natasha Richardson.

Stars that have not yet died and whom I really like, people such as Maureen O'Hara and Sophia Loren to name a couple, would really get me going. Even future deaths of Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington and Mel Gibson would get me going.

I'm not quite sure what it is, but we tune into stars when we watch movies and TV and follow their lives in the news. They become a sort of friend in a way.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:51 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,638 times
I think today was the closest I got to actually crying. One of my eyes watered a little bit when I heard that Michael had passed. I just feel for him; his was not an easy life and there were a lot of trials and tribulations.

I got very close to crying over Aaliyah. Her death was one of the saddest and the most touching as she was only 3 years older than me.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:51 PM

563 posts, read 2,773,787 times
I cried for:
Aaliyah (she was the same age as me)
Left Eye
Luther Vandross
MJ
Biggie

can't think of any others right now...

I'm going to fall out when Prince or Whitney passes on...I'm a huge fan (they're #1 and #2 in my book...MJ was a super close #3)

Old 06-25-2009, 10:56 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig121 View Post
I'm not quite sure what it is, but we tune into stars when we watch movies and TV and follow their lives in the news. They become a sort of friend in a way.
Thank you! My fiance could not understand why I got so upset over MJ today or why anyone would cry over a person they do not know. I think he cannot understand how a celebrity can enter her heart and life and how you can feel like you know them.

My memories of MJ go back to being like 4.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:56 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
I cried when Frank Sinatra died and I cried when George Harrison died.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:03 PM

302 posts, read 922,136 times
Aaliyah. Because she was so young and it was such a horrible way to go. And because she was who all of my friends and I looked up to when we were kids.

And today. I feel great sadness when I hear a celeb has died, but two deaths, two icons dead, in one day? Too much.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:04 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,164,918 times
Princess Diana--that one got to me. Still does.
John Lennon-tragic........and yes, I cried

and for some reason.................I recall being uber upset when John Wayne died. I was pretty young though and he always seemed like a father figure to me. Maybe thats why

Old 06-25-2009, 11:06 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I'm an emotional person, so it does take much these days to move me to tears. Today, when I heard of Michael Jackson's death, it was so unexpected that I felt I was hit by a wall. I began to sob for a few mins. cause this was a person that had been apart of my life since as long as I can remember. In fact. Wanna Be Startin' Something was the first song I remember learning the words to.

I'm fine now however.

I also shed a tear for Aaliyah, Lefteye and John Ritter. Got choked up about JFK Jr.

What about you?

I shed a tear or two before as well when I saw an interview of Michael Jackson and Barbara Walters. She asked him " when your son is crying Michael how do you get him to stop" He started smiling and then giggling like he always did and said " I dance for him,and he stops" she asks him then " do you also moonwalk for him?" and he again starts smiling shyly and giggling says "why of course I do".

Then came her interview with Ryan Oneill and how much he really loved Farrah. Boy they were real soulmates so beautiful and he was crying for her......... how sad

I am still very sad and mourning for both. I can't believe either one is gone.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:07 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Thank you! My fiance could not understand why I got so upset over MJ today or why anyone would cry over a person they do not know. I think he cannot understand how a celebrity can enter her heart and life and how you can feel like you know them.

My memories of MJ go back to being like 4.
With MJ I wasn't really crying over him - but the memories that I had from his music. I remember me and my cousins spent hours trying to learn the Thriller dance lol his death just made me kinda nostalgic which got me feeling a little weepy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities