Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:52 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,838,359 times

Advertisements

I find it comforting that so many of you are offended at his actions. It's good to know there are still people left who have moral values. I'm so tired of hearing about famous men cheating on their wives. If they can't take their wedding vows seriously they should never get married in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 04:26 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,410,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I find it comforting that so many of you are offended at his actions. It's good to know there are still people left who have moral values. I'm so tired of hearing about famous men cheating on their wives. If they can't take their wedding vows seriously they should never get married in the first place.
Unless there's some detail I'm overlooking, there's no indication that he was married when the relationships took place. Nonetheless, having flings with multiple underlings still reeks of jerkitude.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:43 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,598,188 times
Even if he wasn't married at the time, he had been living with his girlfriend for many years prior to getting married. In some states that would be considered a common law marriage.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:47 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,570,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post

I agree. We are living in a day of so much moral relativity, I scream at the TV.

When you do bad, bad comes back at you. Remember when he made those dirty remarks about the Palin daughter and then dogged Sarah?

Old 10-02-2009, 04:50 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,598,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I agree. We are living in a day of so much moral relativity, I scream at the TV.

When you do bad, bad comes back at you. Remember when he made those dirty remarks about the Palin daughter and then dogged Sarah?
with the problem he had with stalkers and threats to kidnap his son he should have known better than to make those statements.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:26 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,383,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
For all we know .... these employees may have intentionally seduced Letterman ... hoping to get some $$$$ out of him.

I don't think it would take much effort for a hot young 20 something to seduce a 60+ year old guy.
Let's not jump to conclusions. Why assume the women are to blame?

I was very disappointed to hear this since I think Letterman can be very funny. A boss, especially a rich and powerful one like Letterman, has power over a subordinate. The fact that he admits he slept with multiple women who worked for him shows a serious lack of judgment. We all make mistakes in our lives but I hope this is a wake-up call and pivotal point for him to take a new direction in his life and relationships.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:34 AM

497 posts, read 1,178,922 times
He'd have to pay me 2 million BEFORE I'd sleep with him and even then I'd need a double dose sedative and a bag over his head and he'd have to promise not to speak to me during the actual act.. In other words...NO WAY!

I cannot stand the arrogant, mean spirited jerk.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:07 AM

10,184 posts, read 20,825,841 times
...and all these years I thought he was doing Paul Shaeffer. Can't stand Letterman, nothing funny about him.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:08 AM

332 posts, read 773,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
They cover this situation every year in companies around the country on their annual sexual harassment training course. If you're the boss then you don't have sexual relations with employees who work beneath you.
Of course it could expose him to civil liability. But it's not criminal.

Anyway, I certainly don't condone fooling around like Dave did, but the way he came clean was amazing. It took cojones, and I'll still be watching his show when I'm up late.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:22 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,643,341 times
I am shocked that anyone is shocked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities