Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 06:08 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,296,079 times

Advertisements

I've never liked him, he's always seemed like a jerk to me. For years I thought I was being a hater. Guess not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Yes, he finally married the mother of his child. He often makes derrogatory marriage remarks on his show.

I am also disappointed in David Lettermen to having affairs with employees, I thought more of him than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 07:06 PM

44,685 posts, read 61,823,270 times
Let he without sin cast the first stone. Letterman is human and all humans commit a sin at one time or another.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:20 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,190,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
I've never liked him, he's always seemed like a jerk to me. For years I thought I was being a hater. Guess not.
of course you can think he's a jerk but does it make him a jerk because he had sex?
No one has come forward claiming any indiscretion on his part. Even the female who admiittedly had some sort of sexual relationship with him and who was busted for it by the blackmailer boyfriend of hers, only has nice things to say about Letterman.
No others have come forward. She may very well be the ONLY person involved and the blackmailer is now reported to have been in serious financial problems. I would venture to guess he's the jerk here and sought a very unsuccessful attempt to line his pockets after coming across information about the affair. Perhaps he was jealous as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Let he without sin cast the first stone. Letterman is human and all humans commit a sin at one time or another.
you betcha

Old 10-02-2009, 08:20 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,245,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
He's a jerk because he had sex.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:45 PM

Default additional information

Source: Letterman Had a Fling with Another Staffer - Late Show With David Letterman, David Letterman : People.com

doesn't appear that he was a sexist or tried to exert pressure on anyone.........

Old 10-02-2009, 11:14 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,598,188 times
No, he's a jerk because he's a hipocrite. He goes on the air night after night attacking others with jokes about their personal lives, including having affairs, something he himself is guilty of.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:29 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,619,842 times
Good point, bet he'll steer clear of those jokes now.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:38 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,199,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
Letterman admits affairs; claims extortion - omg! news on Yahoo!

apparently he admits it on Thursday night's show --weird.
I didn't know he had married Regina in March
It never ceases to amaze me how some of the most unattractive men in the universe can find women to have affairs with them. Money and power certainly does talk when it comes to these kinds of issues. If I were young and single, I would not have slept with that man for 10 million dollars. I don't even find him very funny or witty either.

Go figure.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-02-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
No, he's a jerk because he's a hipocrite. He goes on the air night after night attacking others with jokes about their personal lives, including having affairs, something he himself is guilty of.
if he wasn't married at the time and the other person wasn't married at the time--was it really an affair?

Old 10-02-2009, 11:52 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,199,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
if he wasn't married at the time and the other person wasn't married at the time--was it really an affair?
No it was not. Unless you have a ring and a vow you owe fidelity to no one, not officially anyway. A person is either married or they are single. There is no in-between.

That having been said, when you are (presumably) living with the mother of your child, for God's sake, you have a little decency, a little integrity, regardless of whether you "have to" offically or not. He is so devoid of the slightest modicum of respect or decency towards the mother of his child that it makes me throw up in my mouth.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities