Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 11:58 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,059,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra23 View Post
I enjoy his show, find him funny. Not quite sure why I'm supposed to care about his personal life. Except that in this country, we're apparently supposed to care about everyone's personal life.
Let me help you out a bit then ; youre not supposed to be morally-apathetic . You know inherently that Adultery is wrong and youre not supposed to be indifferent about it because the more it goes on , the easier it is to accept , which becomes an eventual permissable lifestyle degrading an entire Nation. You are not supposed to suppress your moral conscience and laugh it off like Lettermans audience did. It is quite alright to feel some outrage about a popular TV Host that flippantly confesses that he cheated on his new wife with a couple of women on his Staff . Have you become such a Zombie from our morally sick Culture , that you choose to dismiss what is wrong and make your plea that its no big deal ? Have some compassion for his new wife, at least. Break free from the delusion our Culture encourages that promotes Narcissism thru wrongful Hedonism -- and take a stand for whats right instead of blowing it off to the Tolerance Philosophy of today . If you dont, your children will become greater desensitized to right from wrong ; and I know deep inside you dont want that.

Sorry if i sound like I came down on you hard, but, the apathy that is so widespread in this Nation toward Immorality really alarms me and makes me sick .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 12:05 PM

531 posts, read 2,902,834 times
If I wasn't at work right now, I would stand and applaud this post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Let me help you out a bit then ; youre not supposed to be morally-apathetic . You know inherently that Adultery is wrong and youre not supposed to be indifferent about it because the more it goes on , the easier it is to accept , which becomes an eventual permissable lifestyle degrading an entire Nation. You are not supposed to suppress your moral conscience and laugh it off like Lettermans audience did. It is quite alright to feel some outrage about a popular TV Host that flippantly confesses that he cheated on his new wife with a couple of women on his Staff . Have you become such a Zombie from our morally sick Culture , that you choose to dismiss what is wrong and make your plea that its no big deal ? Have some compassion for his new wife, at least. Break free from the delusion our Culture encourages that promotes Narcissism thru wrongful Hedonism -- and take a stand for whats right instead of blowing it off to the Tolerance Philosophy of today . If you dont, your children will become greater desensitized to right from wrong ; and I know deep inside you dont want that.

Sorry if i sound like I came down on you hard, but, the apathy that is so widespread in this Nation toward Immorality really alarms me and makes me sick .

Old 10-02-2009, 12:09 PM

50,454 posts, read 64,294,398 times
Hey, Dave has remained unmarried for all these years because he insisted that he was such poor marriage material that any woman would be crazy to marry him.
I assume these affairs happened before his recent marriage? If so, I'm sure the woman he married knew all about how he operated long before she married him.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:17 PM

111 posts, read 235,477 times
Quote:

I'm very happy for you that you have such a certainty about right/wrong and moral/immoral. I'm sure you've never done anything that anyone would disapprove of.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:23 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,529,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Hey, Dave has remained unmarried for all these years because he insisted that he was such poor marriage material that any woman would be crazy to marry him.
I assume these affairs happened before his recent marriage? If so, I'm sure the woman he married knew all about how he operated long before she married him.
I looked at the link that was posted and it said his affair with an assistant took place prior to his marriage in 2003--IIRC. It also said that the individual who was arrested for this scheme was living with the assistant and got FYI from her journal. She was angry so I suppose she was not a coconspirator.

Another poster stated that CBS buys the show from Dave's production company, WorldWide Pants, so it would seem he there is no legal action that could be taken against him. They could stop buying the show but as long as it shows a profit that would be unlikely.

I don't know what it says about me that I don't care if David Letterman had illicit affairs with staff members. My only thought initially was that the blackmailer was stupid/a jerk and I'm glad he was caught.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:31 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,190,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
this could very well be the case. At least he didn't try to hide it and took action immediately
Quote:
I'm very happy for you that you have such a certainty about right/wrong and moral/immoral. I'm sure you've never done anything that anyone would disapprove of.
LOL--you read my mind because for a sec or two I thought we were in the religion forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I looked at the link that was posted and it said his affair with an assistant took place prior to his marriage in 2003--IIRC. It also said that the individual who was arrested for this scheme was living with the assistant and got FYI from her journal. She was angry so I suppose she was not a coconspirator.

Another poster stated that CBS buys the show from Dave's production company, WorldWide Pants, so it would seem he there is no legal action that could be taken against him. They could stop buying the show but as long as it shows a profit that would be unlikely.

I don't know what it says about me that I don't care if David Letterman had illicit affairs with staff members. My only thought initially was that the blackmailer was stupid/a jerk and I'm glad he was caught.
yea-let's talk about the real problem here--the person trying to extort $$$$. If Dave had done anything illegal wouldn't HE be the one arrested ?

Old 10-02-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Thanks. The only reason I have a good handle on whats right from wrong is because I get the truth on matters from an UNchanging Source : The Bible , which many wise people such as Presidents, Kings, Scientists, Generals, Butchers/Bakers/and Candlestick Makers have trusted. The Bible doesnt call people to be tolerant (apathetic) of wrong behavior,actions, and motives ., so i refuse to play the culture charade of any immoral act being permissable.

Yes, Ive certainly done things which were not good ; does that nullify what David Letterman flippantly confessed to on national TV to which people laughed over ? This IS the correct Forum for voicing ones thoughts and opinion based on truth ,isnt it ?

Old 10-02-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Thanks. The only reason I have a good handle on whats right from wrong is because I get the truth on matters from an UNchanging Source : The Bible , which many wise people such as Presidents, Kings, Scientists, Generals, Butchers/Bakers/and Candlestick Makers have trusted. The Bible doesnt call people to be tolerant (apathetic) of wrong behavior,actions, and motives ., so i refuse to play the culture charade of any immoral act being permissable.

Yes, Ive certainly done things which were not good ; does that nullify what David Letterman flippantly confessed to on national TV to which people laughed over ? This IS the correct Forum for voicing ones thoughts and opinion based on truth ,isnt it ?
there is actually a religion forum for such--thanks

Old 10-02-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
there is actually a religion forum for such--thanks
When did matters of morality , ethics, responsible parenting , and chasing after fame and prestige at the expense of raising children.... become a religious thing ?! No..Im pretty sure Im in the right Forum for the subject matter at hand. But thanks .

Old 10-02-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
When did matters of morality , ethics, responsible parenting , and chasing after fame and prestige at the expense of raising children.... become a religious thing ?! No..Im pretty sure Im in the right Forum for the subject matter at hand. But thanks .
I love the ignore feature available here so......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities