Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2016, 07:45 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,948,074 times

Advertisements

Pictures and feedback coming in on Hilton Head here:

Hurricane Matthew: Your photos and videos from the Lowcountry | The Island Packet

Looks like a lot of trees down, a lot of docks/marinas messed up including the pier at Harbortown is essentially gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 07:45 PM

657 posts, read 740,803 times
I returned from CLT tonight. Fastest I've made it. Didn't want to deal with Tomorrow. I'm not sure what is impassable or not. I took 26-526-Clements ferry-41.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:57 PM

10,154 posts, read 7,819,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEB1786 View Post
I returned from CLT tonight. Fastest I've made it. Didn't want to deal with Tomorrow. I'm not sure what is impassable or not. I took 26-526-Clements ferry-41.
Thanks. So not much traffic today on way home? They are coming from Conover so you'd think they could make it home too. They wanted to come back but were told some roads were impassable. This was around noon so maybe roads are cleared now.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:07 PM

657 posts, read 740,803 times
I'm not sure where Conover is, but the highways were clear. There are roads impassable but none affected me. It just all depends

Old 10-08-2016, 08:12 PM

10,154 posts, read 7,819,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEB1786 View Post
I'm not sure where Conover is, but the highways were clear. There are roads impassable but none affected me. It just all depends
I believe Conover is just above Charlotte. They will probably be home tomorrow. The have been in hotel room with 3 pets for 4 nights now.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:22 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,972,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I believe Conover is just above Charlotte. They will probably be home tomorrow. The have been in hotel room with 3 pets for 4 nights now.
That sounds like hell.

My grandparents who live behind Southern Season ended up staying with us in GC and they brought their 2 cats, and my Aunt brought her pit bull. Turns out my dog is rather chill as he just sniffed the cats pitbull didn't like him so much though but she's a puppy who makes me think my Aunt's one of THOSE types of owners since she always defended how the dog wants to play with the cats.

Old 10-09-2016, 03:30 AM

12,967 posts, read 18,825,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero View Post
I think the worst is over and it wasn't so bad. What neighborhood are you in on James Isl?
An unshaded X zone on the new FEMA flood map adjacent to Folly Road.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:23 AM

3,871 posts, read 4,615,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
An unshaded X zone on the new FEMA flood map adjacent to Folly Road.
You're probably ok. I'm in Lawton Bluff on James Island and my power came back on last night though Comcast is still out. I think except for the occasional tree fall causing damage and flooding similar to what happened last Oct, there wasn't much damage to property. I haven't heard how the beaches themselves fared but I doubt it's good, especially Folly's beach.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:30 AM

859 posts, read 1,365,117 times
Does anyone have a status on Comcast outages? Who's not got cable in Mt P?

Old 10-09-2016, 05:51 AM

14 posts, read 8,591 times
Hey all,

I apologize in advance that my question is very self-centered and selfish. I truly hope and pray that everyone affected from the hurricane is now safe and dry.

Now to the rude question - my wife and I have a SE road trip that we've been planning for months. We are landing in Washington DC tomorrow and after a week in the NC Mountains we're suppose to reach our downtown Charleston hotel on the 17th.
We've been monitoring the news and weather report as much as possible, but we can't really tell what the damage to the area is now after the Matthew has moved on. Do you think we should change our route and let the Charlestonians deal with the aftermath in peace?

Again, this should be the least of anyone's concern as you guys deal with a historically catastrophic storm. Truly hope everyone is well!

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area