Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 06:37 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,706,584 times

Advertisements

Can we somehow get these loonies to go home early?

Operation Save America plans week of Charlotte rallies - News14.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 06:39 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,524,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post

If no one would give them any coverage, then they would probably go away.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:47 PM

587 posts, read 1,625,990 times
Ugh. You're right Ani! I wish the media would just ignore them but I won't hold my breath.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:02 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post

Oh, lord, I thought that I left those loonies in South Jersey. They've been picketing a womens clinic there for decades. The media got bored with them after a few months.

They are without any redeeming social value. Oops! isn't that the Supreme Court's definition of obscenity? . . .

Old 07-18-2010, 07:17 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,541,472 times
Charlotte secret hehe
I think we as citizens need to instead of opposing giving them the audience they desire but make
things uncomfortable.
Spoiler
Be Gay for a Day we all are comfortable with our sexuality that
we can fool them and make them uncomfortable or have the servers give them crappy service

I would be surprise if it didnt have Bill James & Pat Robertson speaking..

For those who are not familiar they like to mingle in and cause trouble at Gala and HRC
events that occur in Charlotte and the nation.
The reason they chose Charlotte is to spread there fictional interpretations of the bible
yet commit greater sins and they forget Bible says Love Thy Neighbor.
A church from Lincoln County probably will attend since they had this on their events sign
Spoiler

instead we all need to unite and show that Charlotte is progressive and attend restaurants they are going to; wear shirts screen printed with this

Old 07-18-2010, 07:25 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,045,691 times
great idea, Sunny. We should also stand on opposing street corners and hand out pamphlets that quote Scripture that show that our God is a God of love, not hate. (I am being serious, here) I hope that we can get people to demonstrate the love of God rather than hatred of men.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:29 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,138,526 times
I just take comfort in knowing that if there is a hell, these people will burn in it.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:34 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
great idea, Sunny. We should also stand on opposing street corners and hand out pamphlets that quote Scripture that show that our God is a God of love, not hate. (I am being serious, here) I hope that we can get people to demonstrate the love of God rather than hatred of men.
Cubs, these people are hateful. They started out picketing the clinic in my old town in 1987 & have been picketing ever since. They will give you the finger as you drive by, minding your own business. The clinic performs all services for women & they have tried to block women from entering for all reasons. They have blocked obviously pregnant women from entering for pre-natal care appointments.

Rescue Mission at Cherry Hill Abortion*Clinic — The Forerunner

Old 07-18-2010, 07:35 PM

I wish it were that simple. There are people who truly believe that being gay is a sin. They quote scripture. They think those of us who try to help them understand that we are all God's children and God loves us all are off track. They are especially upset about the issue of gay marriage.

It is very hard to counteract people who are against gays b/c of religious reasons when they quote scripture. I try to emphasize that all Americans should be standing up for Civil Rights, not standing against folks on religious grounds. But not everyone thinks like me.

SB: you think NJ had some crackpots . . . how would you like to have had folks associate Fred Phelps w/ the state of Kansas? It was awful - I would tell folks I lived in KS and they would immediately mention Phelps. Those people even crash military funerals. How much more disrespectful can you get . . .

Old 07-18-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Cubs, these people are hateful. They started out picketing the clinic in my old town in 1987 & have been picketing ever since. They will give you the finger as you drive by, minding your own business. The clinic performs all services for women & they have tried to block women from entering for all reasons. They have blocked obviously pregnant women from entering for pre-natal care appointments.

Rescue Mission at Cherry Hill Abortion Clinic — The Forerunner
I don't understand why people think it is their civic duty to make their own personal beliefs into a community issue.

I will never get this. Folks who are against abortion shouldn't get an abortion.

Period.

Folks who think gays should not get married should not get married if they are gay. Otherwise, why is it any of their business?

Last time I checked, no one is responsible for my immortal soul other than ME. To paraphrase scripture: Folks should be paying attention to the log in their own eye and not the speck in their brother's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte