Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 12:29 PM

385 posts, read 890,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prwfromnc View Post
What bothers me is these so-called "Christians" really don't live by the greatest commandment which is "Love." These people, and I use that term loosely, like to shove the Bible down people's throats and force their brand of Christianity on others, and they probably live wretched lives themselves. I understand being against abortion or gay marriange if you have Christian values, but these people are hateful and bigoted, and they do more harm than good!
This is precisely the arguement Muslims have against radicals within their faith. Also, the same as Protestants and Catholics in N. Ireland. If OSA and Al Queda simply operated without the guise of a religious "excuse" then they would loose most of their support from the get go. Its the "Christian" angle that lures in supporters.

I'm not all that Christian, but I don't blame Christianity for 1 second for being the genesis of their being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 09:55 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Well, I made my call. WCNC has the information. Let's see what they want to do with it. The girl working the news desk just about dropped her teeth when I told her about the clinic & the protesting since 1987. I had found a website that clearly shows that they go by two names & gave her both names.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:36 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Well, I made my call. WCNC has the information. Let's see what they want to do with it. The girl working the news desk just about dropped her teeth when I told her about the clinic & the protesting since 1987. I had found a website that clearly shows that they go by two names & gave her both names.
Maybe we will see a full expose for the weekend.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Maybe we will see a full expose for the weekend.
I can only hope.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:40 AM

17 posts, read 40,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmcarolina View Post
Clearly there is a whole lot of mis-information going on here. Why not try talking to someone in the Operation Save America/ pro-life crowd and get some reliable info instead of believing everything you hear? I've been actively demonstrating with my family at the abortion mills for a while now. You've really got some interesting ideas on who and what I am. I'd like to challenge their accuracy, that is, if you are interested.
I've seen absolutely nothing false in this thread about this group's actions. I've been out at the clinics this week helping maintain access to the clinics and let the women that need their services, be it abortion or other health concerns, know that they have the support they need. This group is full of hate, misinformation and I cannot wait until they leave.

I am all for free speech, even if I do not agree with you. However this isn't free speech, this is hate filled bullying. Look up the FACE act which makes it a crime to block entrance to a clinic. In addition NC has laws in place that provide for arrest if blocking entrance to a health facility, which these clinics are.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:26 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,358,870 times
Quote:
Looking forward to them leaving. I hear they are causing trouble all around the uptown area. They are dressed up like cows outside of the Chick Fil A near Concord Mills. Ridiculous!

Edited to say: I'm pretty sure they are NOT associated with Chick Fil A in any way. They are just using that tactic to draw attention. A couple of my friends were pretty disturbed walking by there.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:40 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomichauds View Post
A couple of my friends were pretty disturbed walking by there.
What, exactly, does "pretty disturbed" mean? I'm trying to picture being able to see people dressed as cows from a distance, but then becoming "pretty disturbed" as I approach those peoplecows and continue on by.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomichauds View Post
Looking forward to them leaving. I hear they are causing trouble all around the uptown area. They are dressed up like cows outside of the Chick Fil A near Concord Mills. Ridiculous!

Edited to say: I'm pretty sure they are NOT associated with Chick Fil A in any way. They are just using that tactic to draw attention. A couple of my friends were pretty disturbed walking by there.
Well, When I called, I was asked to send a back up email, so sent links to websites. I got a notice of it bouncing, so resent this morning & got the same notice. I called to try to get another email address & found out that when you email their news dept, it spams everyone, but if someone has a full mailbox you get a bounceback.

I was told that they had the links & that they are working on it. I was thanked for the information, again. I did notice that I didn't remember seeing anything about the protestors tonight, so just checked their website & don't see anything there.

I suspect that if they made some calls to some of the places that I sent them, they may have been told to ignore them, if possible. I don't know. I do know that I gave them a source for archived video, but it will take a day or two.

I mentioned when I spoke to them that I didn't know if they wanted the information, since it is not local, but they told me that they do want it. Who knows, it might take them 6 months to put something together, but I guess we'll see something sooner or later, & it won't be an advertisement for the group.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:16 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
What, exactly, does "pretty disturbed" mean? I'm trying to picture being able to see people dressed as cows from a distance, but then becoming "pretty disturbed" as I approach those peoplecows and continue on by.
The people who have relayed to me that they were disturbed by the spectacle these folks have put on had to do with their disrupting traffic flow, the types of messages on their signs, and shouting out at people as citizens are going about their business, trying to avoid the group.

Not trying to speak for anyone else, but that is what has been described to me by people who accidentally had the misfortune of being up close and personal w/ these folks.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:20 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:
Well, When I called, I was asked to send a back up email, so sent links to websites. I got a notice of it bouncing, so resent this morning & got the same notice. I called to try to get another email address & found out that when you email their news dept, it spams everyone, but if someone has a full mailbox you get a bounceback.

I was told that they had the links & that they are working on it. I was thanked for the information, again. I did notice that I didn't remember seeing anything about the protestors tonight, so just checked their website & don't see anything there.

I suspect that if they made some calls to some of the places that I sent them, they may have been told to ignore them, if possible. I don't know. I do know that I gave them a source for archived video, but it will take a day or two.

I mentioned when I spoke to them that I didn't know if they wanted the information, since it is not local, but they told me that they do want it. Who knows, it might take them 6 months to put something together, but I guess we'll see something sooner or later, & it won't be an advertisement for the group.
Putting this story on the news would cut into the time spent on telling us it's really really really hot, hotter than last year but not record setting hot yet, explaining for 48957573927575th time why humid heat brings showers (except that it doesn't seem to rain very much even though there's been 40%+ of some rain in some areas at some time at some level for the last 30 days), and on the 10 minutes spent telling us what will be "coming up after the break, or on the next half hour broadcast, or sometime later in this broadcast, or after 2-5 more weather segments, etc.,"

On the other hand you may be absolutely correct in saying that they may have been told to ignore the protesters. Deaf ears attract little attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte