Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 11:35 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
You know what - you said it, SB. Really, what this group does is not constitutional. Bullying is not something guaranteed under the constitution.

The right to peaceful assembly - yes. The right to have your own opinions - yes. But the right to bully others by obstructing their ingress and egress out of a clinic, or to bully others by demonstrating on a corner and using hate language on posters about Gay folks . . . that is bullying and hate language and it is not guaranteed under the constitution.

I also think that parents who drag their kids into these demonstrations are abusive for exposing them to hate language.
Again, I can't rep you Ani. I have seen children from toddlers on up with these people.

I have thought, many times, that someone should call child protective services on them, but most are bussed in to Cherry Hill, &, as you know, South Jersey is much like NC, so whether an official would see it the same way is up in the air. Men pushing me an calling me a wh*re, & more, for wanting a check up & pap smear did not endear them to me.

I got to the point where I learned other ways to get from point A to point B to avoid going near them. I usually worked 2nd shift, so did go out when they were protesting & after they made me late for work, once, they didn't get that opportunity again.

For one of them to come on here & challenge those of us who were posting on this thread, to me, was the height of hutzpah. I don't care what that poster believes. That is their personal belief, & they are welcome to it. But I have had personal experience with them. They do not believe that others have a right to their own beliefs.

Whether it's bullying women or bullying gays, it's all the same. It's a failure to respect others as human beings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivster View Post
I unfortunately just walked past these loonies at Trade and Tryon
And yes the news crews were starting to gather.
Thanks. I hope the stations enjoy the refernces that I'll be giving them.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:10 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times

Old 07-19-2010, 12:18 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,370,004 times
These animals are on the corner of Trade and Tryon today making a lot of noise. There are about 7 or 8 police cars catty corner to them by the hotel. Happy to report most folks are just ignoring them and their disgusting posters and not engaging them at all. What do these losers do to put food on the table?

Old 07-19-2010, 12:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
psst locals look here

Did you know ...
Spoiler
If they post again it consider

Old 07-19-2010, 12:44 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,362,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I don't understand why people think it is their civic duty to make their own personal beliefs into a community issue.

I will never get this. Folks who are against abortion shouldn't get an abortion.

Period.

Folks who think gays should not get married should not get married if they are gay. Otherwise, why is it any of their business?

Last time I checked, no one is responsible for my immortal soul other than ME. To paraphrase scripture: Folks should be paying attention to the log in their own eye and not the speck in their brother's.

Don't forget: Ye without sin cast the first stone.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:00 PM

308 posts, read 618,071 times
Best thing to do is to ignore them. They have a right to their opinions and to show them even if we disagree. Ignore them and they will go away.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
psst locals look here

Did you know ...
Spoiler
If they post again it consider

Old 07-19-2010, 02:57 PM

276 posts, read 477,074 times
They had a big truck parked (legally?) on Tryon this afternoon, by the Two Wachovia plaza. It had enormous signs all over it - anti-gay, anti-abortion.

Not only did it infuriate me, but it frightened me as well. I've never seen something like this in person - and I am a member of yet another demographic they would prefer be eliminated.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsobchak View Post
They had a big truck parked (legally?) on Tryon this afternoon, by the Two Wachovia plaza. It had enormous signs all over it - anti-gay, anti-abortion.

Not only did it infuriate me, but it frightened me as well. I've never seen something like this in person - and I am a member of yet another demographic they would prefer be eliminated.
I understand your feelings. I'm sorry that you were frightened. However when I was pushed around by them it simply infuriated me & I let fly with a few choice words. Had they not touched me, I wouldn't have said a word.

It's best to ignore them if at all possible. If there are police nearby, if you are approached & they verbally assauly you or touch you, scream at the top of your lungs & call for the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte