Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 02:36 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,995,190 times

Advertisements

My wife takes our kids there and they treat the mothers with respect - help carry their trays, get them whatever they need, etc. They will get my business over any fast food place for that reason, regardless of management's views. Try finding that anywhere else.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:39 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,876,849 times
I can't wait to eat there again! I don't hate anybody for their personal beliefs, I have many gay friends, and I do not agree with gay marriage. Living in a free country is great! Eat mor chikin

Old 12-02-2011, 03:18 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,375,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goindownsouth2011 View Post
Go ahead and boycott. That's one less person in front of me in line next time I go to Chik-Fil-A. Eat mor Chikin!
I agree, mor chikin for me.... their lines are WAY too long, I might go there more if the drive through doesn't extend three times around the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
I can't wait to eat there again! I don't hate anybody for their personal beliefs, I have many gay friends, and I do not agree with gay marriage. Living in a free country is great! Eat mor chikin
And Chik-Fil-A is not turning away gay people, or being disrespectful. They support an organization that runs a retreat to connect with God, a place that revolves around biblical foundations. This retreat also does not welcome children under 18 or alcohol. It is a ministry, which promotes family values, it does not even want same sex couples that are not married staying in the same room, as this is againt blibical teaching (oops). Now why on earth would a gay or lesbian couple want to attend such a retreat?..... and how would some of those deeply religious people attending feel to attend while a gay retreat is happening? How about just trying to coexist?

Old 12-02-2011, 03:38 PM

1,055 posts, read 2,129,983 times
Thanks for this information. As someone who thinks he is informed, I had no clue Chick-fil-A was anti-gay. Shocker! I do not believe any company, especially fast food companies, should get involved with such issues. This will certainly backfire on them, even if it's temporary. Reminds me of the Cracker Barrel incident some 10+ years ago when they announced they would not knowingly hire gay people. And I think they fired someone because he was gay. It made national headlines.

Anyway, once I discovered Zaxby's, (the best chicken fingers on the planet!) I rarely go to Chick-fil-A. And since Zaxby's has Little Richard (who is openly gay) promoting them on their latest commercials, I know they are not anti-gay.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:10 PM

232 posts, read 475,924 times
i doubt this will seriously hurt their business. chic fil a is always packed

Old 12-02-2011, 04:17 PM

763 posts, read 823,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
+1

I might eat CFA 1-2x a month, certainly no more, and will continue to do so.

I also support public radio and disagree with lots of views I hear there, but somehow I still really enjoy it.
Definately agree with you and Felt on this one. I don't expect people to always agree with me on all issues. I don't care either way too much about gay marriage. I don't think that the government has any business in meddling. Having said this, I don't care if it is NAZI headquarters, if I see or smell some good ole fried chicken or even livers, I am there.

I knew the Chick-Fil-A was owned by very religious individuals. That is why they close on Sundays. All religious people aren't anti gay though. But, I don't expect to see employees at Chick -Fil- A marching at gay parades in the near future.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:25 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,558,234 times
Well, I am not gonna stop buying products based on the PACs their corporate headquarters contribute to, as long as I like the quality of their products.

I see it as the same way I view actors who take political stands on issues or back a certain party.

I have heard people say - oh, I am not gonna buy xx music cause they support x party. Or, I am not gonna see that movie b/c XX actor supports X cause.

I don't go to a movie to find out an actor's personal beliefs; I go there to be entertained. Likewise, I don't go to Chik-Fil-A to get indoctrinated about what political causes they may or may not support. I go there to get food I enjoy.

I think it was in the 90s that it became the thing to do to only buy stocks that were "green." I decided - "that's for me!" It didn't take me long to find out that A. those mutual funds may have positions in a green or non-green stock this week and then dump them next month and B. Trying to even find out what the holdings are of mutual funds ain't easy - precisely b/c it can change, depending on what the manager of that fund may do at any given time.

So I decided . . . if I am gonna invest, I can't worry about the green thing. Well, let's say . . . I decided there are two kinds of green things, lol - the bio kind and the $$$ kind - and I was in the market for the $$$ kind. I decided - I will be "green" in my home and that is how i can help save the planet, not thru/ the stock market.

Boycotting is rarely the most effective way to effect change. It just puts people out of work. Voting is the way to make the change.

If you wanna see gay rights changed, vote for the change.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
Good for you for making the choice to use local food, and for not supporting a hate organization!

Not supporting gay marriages doesn't mean they are a "hate organization". It simply means that they don't support gay marriages. So much for freedom of expression. When the company refuses to serve gays, I will then disrespect their actions and eat at Bojangles. When I read the title of this thread, I was afraid the place was going to close for finding a finger in the cold slaw. I am a bit relieved. I don't give the article much validity anyway.

Last edited by Stella Artois; 12-02-2011 at 04:39 PM..

Old 12-02-2011, 04:32 PM

205 posts, read 647,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampfoxer View Post
Thanks for this information. As someone who thinks he is informed, I had no clue Chick-fil-A was anti-gay. Shocker! .
The only real shocker here is that you obviously did not even read the article posted by the OP. First of all it is written by a far left group. That should sum it up. However if that is not enough you must have missed the fact that the article "loosely" at best, describes an email exchange with Winshape Foundation which is a Church based organization which is largely supported and has deep ties with CFA but is not CFA.

Here is the quote from the article. Where does this state that CFA is "anti-gay"?

From the left-wing article-

"The email correspondence goes a little something like this. Someone writes WinShape an easy question about whether their retreat center is open to LGBT people.

WinShape's response:

"WinShape Retreat defines marriage from the Biblical standard as being between one man and one woman. Groups/Individuals are welcome who offer wholesome, educational conferences and programs that are compatible with Biblical values and WinShape's purpose," WinShape wrote back."

The bottom line is that the "whole story" is obviously not there. It is clear they "cherry picked" some things and probably did some manipulation. Maybe if we could see the actual email messages we would know the truth.

Edit: Geeze, I just noticed this article is almost a year old. I guess it it didn't hurt them too bad after all. I do retract the statement about "Eat More Kale".

Last edited by nc2sc778; 12-02-2011 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: Article Date

Old 12-02-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Being against same sex marriage isn't the same as hating them...

I'm not a fan of homosexuals but I'm still friends with people who are gay. I know that sounds like "No way, I have friends" but it's the truth.

While I think people are born that way there are tons of women who choose to be gay because they lost faith in the other gender.

Not sure about the men because that's too involved but some women are running to other women because they feel they can't find that soul mate.
I confess, I am a lesbian in a man's body. And yes, I was born this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte