Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 07:06 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,254,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc2sc778 View Post
Absolutely not, however the fact that they consider those VALUES when hiring people makes the difference.

Or, maybe the fact that the customer service is so darn good is just some coincidence? I think not.

I don't know what Wendy's you achieved a word record at but I have never had "great" service at a Wendys- ever.

As much as I hate to admit it, I do tend to eat fast food more than I should. I can one one hand the amount times I thought I has less than perfect service at a CFA. I also can only count on one hand the amount of positive experiences I have has at other FF resturants.

Slap your forehead all you want but pick any CFA and it will put to shame any other Fast Food resturant (including Wendy's) hands down whether you want to admit it or not.

No where here did I say one has to be Christian to have Christian VALUES so please don't make assumptions.
I agree that CFA has better service than most other places. I eat little fast food but also have seen better service and consistent food quality from CFA. But it has absolutely nothing to do with Christian values, unless you're willing to concede that those values are similar to any values that promote hard work, fairness, respect, etc. Christians don't have a monopoly on being good workers or people, and any suggestion otherwise is ludicrous.

They're not Christian values, they're just good values. Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, blacks, whites, midgets, transsexuals, grandmothers, and any number of other religions and groups have similar values. Repeatedly suggesting that only Christian values are what makes CFA who they are is just plain silly.

I worked the Albemarle Road Wendy's in the mid 80's. At least for me and my teammates, doing the job well was important. I'm agnostic, one of the workers was Jewish as was the manager, and one was Muslim. The Muslim actually wore a Dashiki to work several times. The others didn't wear their faith (or lack of) out in the open. Somehow we managed to perform our jobs extremely well without referring to any religious principles.

How can you explain our success?

Old 12-02-2011, 07:10 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,571,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I agree that CFA has better service than most other places. I eat little fast food but also have seen better service and consistent food quality from CFA. But it has absolutely nothing to do with Christian values, unless you're willing to concede that those values are similar to any values that promote hard work, fairness, respect, etc. Christians don't have a monopoly on being good workers or people, and any suggestion otherwise is ludicrous.

They're not Christian values, they're just good values. Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, blacks, whites, midgets, transsexuals, grandmothers, and any number of other religions and groups have similar values. Repeatedly suggesting that only Christian values are what makes CFA who they are is just plain silly.

I worked the Albemarle Road Wendy's in the mid 80's. At least for me and my teammates, doing the job well was important. I'm agnostic, one of the workers was Jewish as was the manager, and one was Muslim. The Muslim actually wore a Dashiki to work several times. The others didn't wear their faith (or lack of) out in the open. Somehow we managed to perform our jobs extremely well without referring to any religious principles.

Responsible people, doing an honest day's work, and treating each other with respect.

A winning combo in ANY situation, IMHO.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:26 PM

205 posts, read 648,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post

NO WHERE HAVE I SAID ANY OTHER RELIGION, NON-RELIGION, GROUP OR GENDER DID NOT HAVE GOOD VALUES! You are right though, they are not just Christian VALUES but they are also Christian VALUES.

I have merely suggested that it is no secret that CFA is somewhat of a "Faith-Based" organization and no doubt one of the primary reasons CFA has been so successful with customer service is because they enfore and instill those values in the workplace.

The only reason I "Repeated" it was because the first person that objected to my post did the same thing you are; Tried to slant my statement to suggest I said you must to be Christian to have good VALUES, which I NEVER SAID.

As guilty as I have been with others of bring this thread off topic, it was to try and rebut what a couple people have said. Given that, I don't think I can make my point any more clearer as to what I was and was not saying.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:17 AM

873 posts, read 1,806,763 times
I didn't even know that chickens could have an opinion one way or the other! I refuse to eat homophobic chicken!!

Old 12-03-2011, 06:35 AM

821 posts, read 1,857,582 times
One of the great things about this country is that we all have the right to choose, whether it's sexual orientation to fast food restaurants to beef vs chicken. I know gay (homosexual, if you will) men and women. They are friends, even though we disagree on the marriage issue. I respect them as individuals and their views.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:50 AM

373 posts, read 711,759 times
It is well known that CFA is claiming to be run by people with religious convictions. I wonder if these convictions will hold up when asked if they like the other places get their chickens from the lawbreaking chicken processors this area is well known for...makes you wonder

Old 12-03-2011, 06:33 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,406,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconman View Post
It is well known that CFA is claiming to be run by people with religious convictions. I wonder if these convictions will hold up when asked if they like the other places get their chickens from the lawbreaking chicken processors this area is well known for...makes you wonder
I wonder that myself.

the one thing I have always respected about
CFA is that they close on sundays.
I like to think of it as more of a respect for their workers
than for religious reasons , leave
me to my dream.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:00 PM

642 posts, read 1,171,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
I didn't even know that chickens could have an opinion one way or the other! I refuse to eat homophobic chicken!!
Ummm, I think that gay chickens might not produce many eggs. Just sayin'....

Old 12-03-2011, 08:03 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,456,812 times
They are a christian organization. What do you expect.

They obviously aren't homophobes/haters as they still sell their food to gays and well as straights. So what is the news...

Old 12-03-2011, 11:03 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,745,853 times
Interesting and good to know.

Not that I need another reason to not go to there. It's already bad enough that you can't drive past the local Chick Fil A on Sundays without being subjected to the deafening sound of their preachers shrieking through loudspeakers. The world is already loud, religious, and political enough... don't need my local purveyor of chicken sandwiches to attempt converting me when I'm driving down Concord Mills Blvd.

Last week they were so loud you could actually faintly hear them a mile and a half away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte