Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2011, 09:41 AM

468 posts, read 827,379 times

Advertisements

Y'all are just jealous 'cause you can't hear the voices in YOUR head.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:42 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,524,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
No,no,no! I was referring to the person that heard voices while driving past Chick-Fil-A. I am sure you have always been a tea tottler like me.
Ahhhh . . . the only voices I hear are the ones that say . . . "Eat More Chocolate."

Maybe they are really saying . . . "Eat More Chicken." Hmmmm.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:45 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,351,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I've only been in one Chick Fil A one time, in South Jersey, & they were actively pushing a local church which has a reputation for intolerance. I didn't think that the chicken was good enough to go back.
I think I've only been there a couple times (I think once here and once in SJ). I like fast food, and I like chicken, but I didn't think Chick Fil A was that great.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:56 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,524,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTraveler View Post
Maybe if I took my tinfoil hat off, I could get better reception? Or do I have that backwards? So confusing . . .

Old 12-04-2011, 10:06 AM

468 posts, read 827,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Maybe if I took my tinfoil hat off, I could get better reception? Or do I have that backwards? So confusing . . .
You may be on to something, Ani!

Old 12-04-2011, 10:12 AM

310 posts, read 673,002 times
Good for Chick-fil-A for standing by their convictions. Trust me, all you dudes and chicks holding hands and kissing when I'm taking my friends' kids out for dinner when I baby sit will not be missed. One less thing to explain to the youngins that I shouldn't have to explain anyway. Oh well, Big Government schools will see to it that they come home ready to pull the trigger on a shotgun on anyone that doesn't jump on the "Nope, not allowed to have a differing opinion otherwise we smear you with calling you hateful" bandwagon.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:56 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,200,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman704 View Post
Good for Chick-fil-A for standing by their convictions. Trust me, all you dudes and chicks holding hands and kissing when I'm taking my friends' kids out for dinner when I baby sit will not be missed. One less thing to explain to the youngins that I shouldn't have to explain anyway. Oh well, Big Government schools will see to it that they come home ready to pull the trigger on a shotgun on anyone that doesn't jump on the "Nope, not allowed to have a differing opinion otherwise we smear you with calling you hateful" bandwagon.
only right-wing religion-twisting zealots are allowed to have an opinion and act on their convictions?

when you take children out and see a man and a woman kissing do you feel compelled to have "the talk" with them? why would it be any different for a same sex couple? and the people "smear[ing]" CFA aren't upset about a difference of opinion, they're upset about being denied *basic human rights*, and an ACTIVE campaign to deny them to a certain set of people even though it is allowed in every other group of people.

and "mega-dittos" for managing to tie in "Big Government" in your rant. Truly a display of frothing zealotry fueled by the hate mongers...

Old 12-04-2011, 11:59 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,237,950 times
Quote:
Oh. I thought you were saying you were glad you didn't live in Concord so you didn't have to listen to the "preachers," lol.

I guess I need more coffee.
I was saying that too.

Quote:
Are you referring to my misspent youth? LOL

Pass the shroo . . er . .. chicken, please.
Misspent is a relative term.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTraveler View Post
I can think of other voices I'd rather hear in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman704 View Post
I didn't realize that handholding was such a scourge.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:46 PM

763 posts, read 822,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
only right-wing religion-twisting zealots are allowed to have an opinion and act on their convictions?

when you take children out and see a man and a woman kissing do you feel compelled to have "the talk" with them? why would it be any different for a same sex couple? and the people "smear[ing]" CFA aren't upset about a difference of opinion, they're upset about being denied *basic human rights*, and an ACTIVE campaign to deny them to a certain set of people even though it is allowed in every other group of people.

and "mega-dittos" for managing to tie in "Big Government" in your rant. Truly a display of frothing zealotry fueled by the hate mongers...
I don't care who kisses. But to be honest, it makes me puke to see two guys making out. I am not anti gay by any means. But it is just too much for me. I don't really like to see anyone make out except myself. mod cut

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-04-2011 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 12-04-2011, 01:28 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,541,472 times
Lets keep conversation about the topic that is CFA supports ban on Gay Marriage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte