Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 03:56 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,783,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
You don't need that much, just a POS. I had a '79 Cherokee Chief, driving through traffic on the highway was like parting the Red Sea in that big red bastard.
I had a BAT rack on my 4Runner. It was just the right height to crush the chest of anyone driving a minivan. NEVER got tailgated in that car.
Attached Thumbnails
drivers policing the road in Charlotte-p_6793_260.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 03:58 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,223,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I bet the cops have you blocked from 911. All you do is talk about calling the cops over nonsense.
well really there is little else you can do when you observe a driver breaking the law and causing a problem for you. If you say not to consider reporting it all you can do is deal with it and not complain. I like taking action and not just talkin about the crimes.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:53 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,989,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
I had a BAT rack on my 4Runner. It was just the right height to crush the chest of anyone driving a minivan. NEVER got tailgated in that car.
ha. I've got a Class 4 hitch with a long hitch ball assembly bolted directly to the steel frame on my SUV. It was a factory install so very solid. I was rear ended once by some kind of Honda sedan. It impaled itself on the hitch ball. When we disengaged the vehicles, the Honda had a big hole through the front grill, a big hole through the radiator, and the engine got a good whack,,, maybe knocked loose from the mounts.

No damage at all to my SUV. Even the hitch ball came through mostly unscathed. I told the Honda driver that he didn't need to worry about getting me another one. LOL.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:27 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,386,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
I am sure this will get everybody united in an uproar,
but the civilized drivers of european countries just
come up behind you , blink their hi beam real quick, you move over
asap and everybody is happy.

For this to work one needs educated drivers and from my experience
driving on 485 that is a 50/50 chance.
I think part of the problem is that this stretch of 485 (as well as some of the busier parts of 85 and 77) is only 2 lanes, so there tends to be a lot of cruisers in the left lane, and I don't really blame them as I'm sure they don't feel like dealing with all the merging traffic and trucks that are often in the right lane. But yeah if there was room for the Impala to get over then he should have...

Old 03-07-2013, 06:49 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,940,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knew2clt View Post
should have followed him and tought him a lesson to mind his own buisness...back home he would have prob gottin a good old fashion beating....he lucky that was not me in his rear view
and you would have done what? yelled and screamed as he laughed at you. Followed him home and assaulted him, ram the back of his car. Or most likely nothing and just act like a wannabe tough guy on an internet forum.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:04 AM

602 posts, read 575,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I thought you said there was a truck beside him. How could he go over with a truck there. You really should stop tailgating. Tailgating kills. Speed kills. You are a potential killer. I don't remember seeing a speed limit of more than 65 on I-485 so I did not realize he was not doing the speed limit. I still think you need to learn how to stay off peoples bumpers. That is very dangerous to the driver in front of you. Have you ever heard of whiplash causing a broken neck. Instant death for the driver in front. I hate and despise people with your attitude.

Just stay out of the left lane lady.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:59 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,606,348 times
Reasons why I love this thread: Many regular posters doing their best to stay true to the impressions they've created of themselves over the months/years of posting on this forum. Even a classic Crestliner sighting.

I wonder if NCN ever got over the cussing brothers..

Old 03-07-2013, 02:13 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,223,707 times
I need to charge for the entertainment......thats all it is anyway

Old 03-08-2013, 06:27 AM

89 posts, read 206,797 times
When I first clicked on this thread, I thought it was about an unmarked police car (Impala) driving just below the speed limit in the passing lane just waiting to bust someone for speeding. But I was wrong.

Anyway, I really can't stand left lane hogs. While it's not safe to get up too close behind another driver, I think the left lane hog created an even less safe condition by trying to spite the other drivers. I don't know what I would have done in this situation. I think honking would have only encouraged him to keep hogging the lane. Anyway, 485 really needs to be widened.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:45 AM

15,360 posts, read 12,693,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazerunner View Post
When I first clicked on this thread, I thought it was about an unmarked police car (Impala) driving just below the speed limit in the passing lane just waiting to bust someone for speeding. But I was wrong.

Anyway, I really can't stand left lane hogs. While it's not safe to get up too close behind another driver, I think the left lane hog created an even less safe condition by trying to spite the other drivers. I don't know what I would have done in this situation. I think honking would have only encouraged him to keep hogging the lane. Anyway, 485 really needs to be widened.
some drivers get off on impeding traffic...

for some people I think aggressive driving is their way of releasing repressed anger.

I know a few people in my family who I refuse to drive with because it's not driving... it's war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte