Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:52 AM

302 posts, read 961,599 times

Advertisements

You are 21 you have a gun and are running from the cops......Hmmmmm yea its that damn cops fault for pulling him over... and maybe the cop should have let him go so that he could commit the robbery, or murder he was planning. The judicial system sucks for even entertaining the idea of charging the police with doing something wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 09:57 AM

518 posts, read 2,060,944 times
Thanks anifani821 for the info, very insightful. It will be interesting to see what the reporter has to say.

Interesting statement: "eyewitness testimony can be unreliable, particularly when it involves a stressful situation". Law enforcement officers go to school to be able to remember every detail about a situation. I think eventually this case will disolve in the wind. Something else will happen and everyone will jump on that one.

The taser death of the teen at the Food Lion doesn't even seem to get as much press as this one (meaning Al Sharpton). I shop at that Food Lion, and have been through his line a few times, he was a nice boy, didn't mind his appearance, he was polite and smiled. But things happen that are beyond our control, someone of a much higher authority has the controls in hand.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:20 AM

92 posts, read 297,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
He wouldn't have had to spend his day like that if he had spent previous days with his son fishing, working on cars, camping, otherwise better fathering the kid and teaching him why it doesn't pay to be a thug. Just an assumption is all I'm saying...
Amen, praise the Lord, hallelujah!!

You know my thing is when you bring a child into the world you become responsible for more than just yourself. His girlfriend had just had a baby and you'd think that would change the way he thinks/lives. Perhaps he thought he could be responsible for a child and still be a thug. It would never be a wish of mine to have a child turn out like me. I'd hope and pray they'd strive to do better.

Somethings just never grow old for some. Thugging is not a lifestyle, it's a choice of behavior. Ultimately he chose the way he was to leave the earth. I feel for the family, but when you allow children to get away from you it's pretty much a done deal. He had to have had no respect at all for his parents if he decided to live the way he lived. A life gone too soon, but by choice!

Old 07-24-2008, 11:06 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
Well, I have tried to find out info about this family and the deceased . . . and it appears this is a quiet neighborhood and good people living there. Also, the young man had a job, even tho it appears he has had some brushes w/ the law in the past. So I don't know . . . why a kid that age would be sporting a handgun . . . just very upsetting. Plus, his family evidently knew he had it. It may be everyone in the neighborhood carries (illegally) concealed weapons b/c they feel they have to.

It is a sad situation for both the family and the police force. I just have to believe the cop b/c no one wants to pull a weapon and use lethal force unless there is no other way to handle the situation - especially in a neighborhood w/ people around - bullets flying could injure anyone. All officers know there will be investigations and rumors to follow a shooting . . . just don't think that is something anyone takes lightly.

It is unfortunate on many levels and I can see why the neighborhood is upset and why people are asking questions.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:48 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,896,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Heel View Post
What do you think really happened?

newsobserver.com | Charlotte autopsy released in police shooting (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/1145959.html - broken link)
Innocent, next case.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:17 PM

549 posts, read 1,741,050 times
What do y'all think of the fact that they released the police officer's name? If the young man that was killed was in a gang, is the media putting the officer and his family in jeopardy by releasing the officer's name?

Old 07-25-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
What do y'all think of the fact that they released the police officer's name? If the young man that was killed was in a gang, is the media putting the officer and his family in joepardy by releasing the officer's name?
I guess that is standard operating procedure, but now that you mention it, that would make him a readily identifiable target. Dern.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:07 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,702,805 times
innuendo= to hint, veiled or equivocal reflection on character or reputation
Source:Webster New Collegiate

Just curious OP-is this what you were trying to achieve?
No offence--inquiring mind needs to know.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:25 PM

549 posts, read 1,741,050 times
I'm just curious about what the general public thinks of the situation. I'm close to the situation and I don't think that DJ is guilty.

That stated, it's pretty obvious that City-Data is about 99% white.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I'm just curious about what the general public thinks of the situation. I'm close to the situation and I don't think that DJ is guilty.

That stated, it's pretty obvious that City-Data is about 99% white.
I think C-D may be a little less white than that . . . but I think definitely a majority would be white. I am trying to figure out what relevance that has . . . ???

I don't think everyone just assumes b/c the kid who was shot was black he is automatically a thug. Is that what you meant - that we all are gonna line up behind DJ just b/c the slain kid is black? No disrespect meant at all - just confused what you mean.

I was very concerned about this whole case when it broke, b/c it appears this is a peaceful neighborhood and not some place where shots ring out on the streets. The neighbors are obviously upset and feel intimidated that they could be victims on their own streets and I also understand that. I did not assume that the young man who ran was a criminal w/ a gun, but after I heard his daddy say that was the kid's gun . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: