Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:52 PM

549 posts, read 1,740,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I think C-D may be a little less white than that . . . but I think definitely a majority would be white. I am trying to figure out what relevance that has . . . ???
It's relevant because people here assume that the officer is telling the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 08:03 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Heel View Post
It's relevant because people here assume that the officer is telling the truth.
No more innuendo? Straight out "the people here assume...". Well a tad disrespectful to the members that have expressed THEIR opinions.

I think you have formed your opinion and have a bit of a problem expressing it.
Say it like it is and give us a chance to respond..really, I'm confused on your position ie"JD is not guilty" coupled with "99% white"

I'm tired. See you manana.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:06 PM

Was there anything unclear about my response? I think that white people assume that the police are telling the truth regardless of the circumstances.

I don't think that DJ is guilty but that's because only I know him. If this were some cop I didn't know then I wouldn't be so sure.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:13 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Was there anything unclear about my response? I think that white people assume that the police are telling the truth regardless of the circumstances.

I don't think that DJ is guilty but that's because only I know him. If this were some cop I didn't know then I wouldn't be so sure.
I think cops are quite capable of planting evidence - and not meaning specifically CMPD - meaning - any LE, anywhere. And at first, that looked like it could possibly be the situation, b/c of what neighbors were saying they saw or didn't see. But as I said - once I heard the dad say that was the kid's gun - then not like someone could plant the kid's own gun. Right?

I think corruption can exist at any level of gov't or in any organization, for that matter.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:54 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,864,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I think cops are quite capable of planting evidence - and not meaning specifically CMPD - meaning - any LE, anywhere. And at first, that looked like it could possibly be the situation, b/c of what neighbors were saying they saw or didn't see. But as I said - once I heard the dad say that was the kid's gun - then not like someone could plant the kid's own gun. Right?

I think corruption can exist at any level of gov't or in any organization, for that matter.
I have a very hard time wrapping my mind around the possibility that this officer, or any for that matter, would kill someone in cold blood just because they ran. Don't get me wrong- Ive seen some donut eating, gym avoiding officers on CMPD, but I cant even see them shooing rather than pursuing.

Of course I know that there is police corruption on many forces, and at all levels. But, this wasnt about a drug deal gone bad. I would be inclined, as a rational person and not because of my race, to believe if nothing else the officer felt there was a threat to himself or someone else. I can even nearly rationalize the officer having found the gun in the pat down, and fearing this guy migh use it. Yes, I am saying that there is a chance the cop knew the gun was there, and took it from Winchester's pocket after he was shot.

Bottom line, for me, is that the right person went home that day. Any way you lok at it- if WInchester hadn't been carrying a concealed weapon he may well be alive today.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:05 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,984,377 times
Quote:
The officer shot the man in the back and none of the witnesses saw a gun. Given that police officers planted evidence in the past, doesn't this case make you raise your eyebrows even a little bit?

Because there was no witness that saw Winchester with the gun, this means it's a conspiracy? Interesting thinking. First of all, if he had any relatives or friends that knew he had a gun, why would they volunteer this information? Any stangers who saw him, what makes you think they would see a gun? Generally, people who carry guns, hide them.

As far as getting shot in the back. I'am now a retired Police Officer who shot someone in the back, yes, you read that right.

One night, a women flagged us down, pointed to a person running away and said he just stabbed me. As we chased after him, we called for another police and medical unit to address the injured women. The robber turned a corner, as I turned the corner he shot at me three times. I did not know he had a gun until that point. Still chasing him another four blocks/streets, now we are in the middle of a street, gun in his right hand, as he is still running forward, he turns to his right and lifts his arm up and back towards me, I fired three times, hitting him all three times. Two in his mid back and one in the back of his shoulder.
He was dead before he touched pavement. For the next few years, the "community" screamed that I shot an innocent member of society in the back and ONLY because of his color. The innocent man of society had a rap sheet with 43 arrests from larceny, rape, robbery, burglary, car jacking and attempted murder, all starting at the age of 12 until 34 when he committed his last crime(MURDER).
Oh, the lady he stabbed? She was raped and beaten for two hours. When he decided he was finished with her, he took her bag and stabbed her twice. She died that night in the hospital at 23 years old.

So, yes, I shot someone in the back, not once, but three times. I don't regret it, in fact, I'm proud of it.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Old 07-25-2008, 11:46 PM

207 posts, read 1,088,663 times
Quote:

I think white people look more objectively at the specific circumstances of police involved shootings and then base how they feel on those factors. Some black people (race baiters like Sharpton, those with little education or those who still blame white people for everything) don't even look at the facts and automatically chalk it up to just another instance of police misconduct.

You can't be unbiased, you say you know the scrub who was killed. You're like most black family members or friends of victims I used to interact with, you can't accept the fact that your loved one was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. Some black people have created a culture of blaming others for their own mistakes. People who think like you will never enjoy success because they can't admit to their own failures. I'm a 29 year old black male, and a former cop. I'm happy the cop eliminated the scrub formerly known as DJ. He got what he deserved. Wake up and be responsible for your own actions!

Old 07-26-2008, 05:46 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,864,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALT-X View Post
I think white people look more objectively at the specific circumstances of police involved shootings and then base how they feel on those factors. Some black people (race baiters like Sharpton, those with little education or those who still blame white people for everything) don't even look at the facts and automatically chalk it up to just another instance of police misconduct.

You can't be unbiased, you say you know the scrub who was killed. You're like most black family members or friends of victims I used to interact with, you can't accept the fact that your loved one was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. Some black people have created a culture of blaming others for their own mistakes. People who think like you will never enjoy success because they can't admit to their own failures. I'm a 29 year old black male, and a former cop. I'm happy the cop eliminated the scrub formerly known as DJ. He got what he deserved. Wake up and be responsible for your own actions!
Think you misread, friend. Palmetto claims to have known Officer Jester, the shooter, not WInchester the perp. I can certainly follow your logic, as it may relate to someone related to Winchester, but Palmetto is actually saying he feels Officer Jester is innocent because he knows him and his character.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:52 AM

Oops, I mixed up the word order. That should have been "only because" not "because only."

Quote:

I don't think that DJ is guilty but that's only because I know him. If this were some cop I didn't know then I wouldn't be so sure.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALT-X View Post
The police officer's name is David Jester = DJ. I'm white and I didn't know the kid that was killed from Adam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: