Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 10:00 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,045,691 times

Advertisements

Ani, this is HILARIOUS!! I would have been right up there with your DH and baffled because I NEVER would have thought that. I probably would have thought the woman (or man) was weird...I mean, (no offense intended) who has even HEARD of strawberry rubarb pie let alone stalk someone for it??? then, the Chicagoan in me would probably have said, "well, isn't there another one in the case that you could get?" I would have been so clueless......obviously, here is one reason that I am a single woman!!!!!!!!!! I have been accused by other ladies that I have a "male brain"...maybe they are right!!

good stuff, first thing in the morning (for me).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 10:03 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,803,241 times
I remember a scene from My Blue Heaven with Steve Martin where he walks up to an attractive lady in the Frozen Food Section and tells her "You should be standing in this section....because you can melt all of this stuff!!"

Awesome story Ani!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 10:10 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,904,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
I remember a scene from My Blue Heaven with Steve Martin where he walks up to an attractive lady in the Frozen Food Section and tells her "You should be standing in this section....because you can melt all of this stuff!!"

Awesome story Ani!!!
Wow, Jake, what a great pick-up line! Gotta add that to hubby's repertoire!

Old 08-23-2008, 10:20 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Bibit: Sheeeeezzzzz. Like I said . . . time to remind DH about dead bunnies and stalker females.

SouthBound: Don't kid yourself. Midwestern or not - DH loves the female attention. (What man doesn't?????) What he doesn't love is the Wrath of Anifani.

Miss Fresh Market better be glad I wasn't within earshot. Strawberry Rhubarb wouldn't look so nice dripping down her favorite Lilly Pulitzer.

For those of you not aware of Lilly Pulitzer . . . the quintessential Southern Belle clothing:

Lilly Pulitzer, Lilly Pulitzer, http://www.lillypulitzer.com
I never heard of Lily Pulitzer, Ani. I remember stuff that looked like that in the '60s! I will never be mistakened for a Southern Belle in my blue jeans.

I'm sure that your husband was pleased with himself

Old 08-23-2008, 11:27 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,455,141 times
Oh man, I have been missing out on a whole universe of potential suitors!!! A grocery store! who knew? LOL

Hey Stripes....watch out for the zucchini....they are Italian ya know..kinda wild

Ani...sign me up for a copy of your forthcoming book, ok?

Old 08-23-2008, 11:29 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,524,305 times
Now . . . call me crazy . . . but DH got up and dressed just a little spiffier today, LOL. I think the flirting put a bounce in his step!!! He has been grinning like a Cheshire cat all day.

He better not ask to run errands today!!!!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 11:30 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,524,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Oh man, I have been missing out on a whole universe of potential suitors!!! A grocery store! who knew? LOL

Hey Stripes....watch out for the zucchini....they are Italian ya know..kinda wild

F/A: You have inspired me to pull it out and finish it up! Maybe I will post some excerpts here in C-D along the way . . .

Old 08-23-2008, 11:41 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post

The supermarkets are alive with them here!!!!!!!! It has to be the same there. I'll know for sure soon enough.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:42 AM

457 posts, read 1,378,041 times
BTW Ani, Happy Birthday....gotta go and pick up my pie now, no wifey to head me off...

Old 08-23-2008, 11:43 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,921,444 times
I have to emphasize the " " in my previous post.

I'm a happily spoken-for man. Besides, Mrs Stripes would plant her Size 7 shoe somewheres rather uncomfortable (I would imagine ) if I ever went trawling in the grocery store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte