Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 07:47 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times

Advertisements

Ultra and StM: - thank you for the good wishes. Yes, just celebrated another b/day - good grief, they are all BIG ONES these days. I came to terms w/ it tho about 5 years ago. I just knocked off 10 years from the year I was born. Very easy to keep up w/ and the smaller numbers make me feel a lot happier, Hee Hee.

Doorway- 1/2 pie - how funny!

Em - I suspect guys (more often than gals) may hit on the opposite sex in grocery stores . . . but who knows - I guess this is an "opportunistic" sort of game, LOL!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Ani, next time that happens tell your husband that you're heading out to pick up a pie of your own...or cake...or both.

Wait...scratch the both....
LOL! Oh, I don't know. Why must I choose? Have my cake and eat my pie, too. Or would that be . . . have my pie, and eat my cake, too . . . ???

Old 08-24-2008, 12:15 PM

416 posts, read 926,601 times
anifani821 This thread made me giggle !!!!!!
Come to think of it, last week in the Observer under Living here and food there were recipes in there from Better Homes and Garden for some really delecious sounding pies one of which i will make (eventually)

It's not your rhubarb pie but it is a cranberry chocolate nut pie .....yum!! The peach blberry sounds real good also!

Perhaps they published the pie recipes because of a request from a single girl who also thinks "the old pie trick" will work!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2008, 05:28 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
LOL! Oh, I don't know. Why must I choose? Have my cake and eat my pie, too. Or would that be . . . have my pie, and eat my cake, too . . . ???

What was I thinking when I moved out of the area? Walk into a bakery, walk out with a harem.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
What was I thinking when I moved out of the area? Walk into a bakery, walk out with a harem.
Now, now, Brian. We know you have nice bakeries "up there," too.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:35 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
Em - I suspect guys (more often than gals) may hit on the opposite sex in grocery stores . . . but who knows - I guess this is an "opportunistic" sort of game, LOL!!!!

I doubt that, at least not in grocery stores. We're more of a get in, get out, and make it all as quick as possible.

Keep in mind that in this case that line's bound to sound a whole lot better than it looks. Then again, maybe I just justified why guys would actually hit on women in grocery stores.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Now, now, Brian. We know you have nice bakeries "up there," too.

Ya know 'round these parts that might be taken as insult.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I doubt that, at least not in grocery stores. We're more of a get in, get out, and make it all as quick as possible.

Keep in mind that in this case that line's bound to sound a whole lot better than it looks. Then again, maybe I just justified why guys would actually hit on women in grocery stores.
Well, perhaps you justified it . . . You know what they say - the proof is in the pudding . . . or, uh, well . . . pie . . .

Old 08-24-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Well, perhaps you justified it . . . You know what they say - the proof is in the pudding . . . or, uh, well . . . pie . . .
I'm not going anywhere near that one. That hole your digging can't fit two.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Ya know 'round these parts that might be taken as insult.
Now, now. We all know that the NE is known for superb bakeries.

They probably don't make strawberry rhubarb pie, tho.

Maybe the discussion would be more likely about cannolis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte