Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:34 PM

102 posts, read 313,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Yeah, that not using the turn signal ain't a northerner trait, that's for sure.
NJ and PA never EVER use the turn signal you just have to read their minds and cross your fingers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 05:56 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy23 View Post
NJ and PA never EVER use the turn signal you just have to read their minds and cross your fingers.
They absolutely do. Over here you could be waiting at intersections or at a light and until the person with right of way goes you have NO clue as to what he or she is going to do. That was one thing that I was constantly told about before moving down here, the lack signal use.

Old 05-16-2007, 05:58 PM

102 posts, read 313,115 times
I know i use my turn signal, but i used to see it all the time... people cutting through lanes with no turn signal and then coming to a random stop and turning off.. then again I see it here too. More of a PA thing i think

Old 05-16-2007, 06:10 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy23 View Post
I know i use my turn signal, but i used to see it all the time... people cutting through lanes with no turn signal and then coming to a random stop and turning off.. then again I see it here too. More of a PA thing i think
See that's one thing. I'm talking about at intersections or stopped at traffic lights. I can't tell you how many times I've had a stream of cars, those who had the right of way, make the same turn yet hold me up from making a turn because they just don't use a directional. This type of stuff rarely happens up north. Down here? Just about daily.

So every time you see those little pockets of debris scattered on those left turn lanes...

Old 05-17-2007, 06:05 AM

187 posts, read 649,542 times
And everyone and their mother talk on the cell phone and drive. I was used to it being banned in NY, cops were pretty strict where I was on that. Here....if you're not on your cell phone and driving...you look weird, lol. I use a blue tooth headset...is that so hard for people to use? Hands free sets

Old 05-17-2007, 10:17 PM

70 posts, read 212,822 times
Okay (I wish I knew how to poll)....

If you are sitting at an intersection going left or right and someone is coming down the road with their right turn signal on....do you go...or wait till they make their turn...

I used to assume a turn signal meant I was safe to go...but one time I made my right in front of a minivan with their right turn signal on...no they didn't turn.....I had to put the pedal to the metal to keep them from bumping me....so now....I don't care how mad the person gets behind me....I just wait till not one car is in my path at all....I don't trust turn signals for anything...

Old 05-18-2007, 02:36 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,652,237 times
I still remember that point from Driver's Ed class - don't presume that, just because someone has a turn signal on, that they intend to actually make a turn. It may be on accidentally, or they may be signalling for a different turn ahead.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:41 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
I ran into the situation yet again this morning where someone going straight sat at the intersection across from me waiting for me to make a left. Why do people do this???!!! You are not being courteous, you are creating a hazard and delays for anyone behind you.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:02 PM

2 posts, read 4,216 times
i gotta say its not just here, it's everywhere! people dont understand, when entering a freeway, use the ramp to get to the speed of traffic flow, if they're doing 70, and u merge at 60, you WILL cause a problem. and people on their phones..talking or txting or whatever....reading a paper or book, hell anything that distracts them. Pay attention people!!! You are driving!! That's your #1 priority! if you need an extra 10 minutes, get up 10 mins earlier, or dont leave for 10 more minutes....
duh.....stupid people are everywhere!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:20 PM

198 posts, read 641,795 times
HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION, BATMAN!!

This thread is from over THREE YEARS AGO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte