Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 02:05 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,168,902 times

Advertisements

yuch I am going to hate July and August aren't I

I have to keep thinking how nice it is in January....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 02:06 PM

107 posts, read 121,265 times
You might melt. :-)

That's ok, soon you'll be like us Southern boys and it will not even phase you!

Lester

Old 06-06-2007, 02:15 PM

I hear that to be true..a couple years and the summers don't get to you as much.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:20 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,787,155 times
how bad was it?
Its been very humid here in NJ..you can walk from the car to the building and you break a sweat.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:39 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
YES!!!!!

THANK YOU !!!

WHOO HOOO!!!

i JUST WON A BET!

Me and my partner had a bet on how long it would be before a new southern northener on here would be dreading our summers. hehe ( I got to come up with a cool name for you guys because I dont like the word transplant I want a positive word).

To me today wasnt even bad lol

I didnt find the humidity unbearable at all.
You got until October of enjoying this usually about the middle and sometimes not even then I remember halloween you couldnt even think about putting on a costume because it was so warm and I remember some halloweens you costume was hidden with a coat.

It good to go in retail shops in the area during the summer they often have the temperature set at meat locker settings lol
Go into one of their summer sections and buy one of those misting fans they work great for days like this.

I feel for you I really do but to me our "winter" lasted way to long and im loving this every minute.

The temperature may get uip to 95 in july or august but rarely higher than that the next shocker for you is when it 88 degrees at night then it 24 hours sticky.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:52 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,432,819 times
94-95 rest of the week.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:12 PM

ya know, you can spin it, twist it, turn it, ANY way you want...when its 85 or above it is HOT. It is worse when the humidity is high. I notice a trend around this country of people DEFENDING where they live. I was in Buffalo recently and people up there were saying how they love their winters! I think they are FULL of it. That is just defending where you live regardless of what its really like. How could ANYONE really like the weather year round in Buffalo! Truth is everywhere has its good and bad on weather. Anything under 45 is just plain cold and anything over 85 is just hot..lets be honest about it, then deal with it accordingly. At least here I think the weather is more consistent, we still have the seasons but even in summer its mostly bearable. In January and February it is just brutal up North. The good thing I find here is at least you can do things in the morning, and nights are quite comfortable. But lets face it June through early September is not the time to be out golfing after lunch.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:20 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
ya know, you can spin it, twist it, turn it, ANY way you want...when its 85 or above it is HOT. It is worse when the humidity is high. I notice a trend around this country of people DEFENDING where they live. I was in Buffalo recently and people up there were saying how they love their winters! I think they are FULL of it. That is just defending where you live regardless of what its really like. How could ANYONE really like the weather year round in Buffalo! Truth is everywhere has its good and bad on weather. Anything under 45 is just plain cold and anything over 85 is just hot..lets be honest about it, then deal with it accordingly. At least here I think the weather is more consistent, we still have the seasons but even in summer its mostly bearable. In January and February it is just brutal up North. The good thing I find here is at least you can do things in the morning, and nights are quite comfortable. But lets face it June through early September is not the time to be out golfing after lunch.
Not trying to argue with you, but... it really is all relative. After growing up and living in south Louisiana for almost 3 decades I NEVER find it too hot here in Charlotte. HONESTLY. 85 degrees here in NC is pleasant to me because the humidity here in NC is so much lower than in south Louisiana. You want unbearable, miserable summer heat?? Go to south Louisiana
Not "defending" where I live, just stating that some of us really don't think it it "too hot" here.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:21 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,455,392 times
You'll get used to it! Just wait until it's really humid. Today was quite mild; At 5:00pm it's measuring about 31%.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:23 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,915,484 times
People, I have lived here for a couple decades and I was still hating life today....too hot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte