Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 09:58 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Thanks or stating the obvious. There would be no police brutality if certain groups didn't commit so many criminal acts and behave as described above. Most of the time "police brutality" is just the police doing their jobs. They deal with the worst of the worst - many think they are above the law. BLM isn't helping your cause - it's just another cover up for perpetual bad behavior. Deal with black crime and the rest goes away.
That isn't true at all. There are many Blacks who don't commit crimes who have had serious issues reported to the PD. No they weren't doing their job and no they where engaged in bad behavior. Sometimes I wonder how much new people watch and how much they believe what they hear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 11:35 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Thanks or stating the obvious. There would be no police brutality if certain groups didn't commit so many criminal acts and behave as described above.
That's bull. There are a ton of police brutality cases where the victims weren't engaged in criminal acts or aggressive behaviors.

And blaming blacks, as a group, for police brutality, makes about as much sense as blaming women for sexual assaults. I mean, after all, plenty of women are attractive and wear sexy clothing. How can men be expected to behave under such circumstances. Plenty of African Americans are engaged in illegal activities, therefore we should not expect police to follow the law when apprehending suspects?

Old 06-04-2016, 02:05 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
That's bull. There are a ton of police brutality cases where the victims weren't engaged in criminal acts or aggressive behaviors.

And blaming blacks, as a group, for police brutality, makes about as much sense as blaming women for sexual assaults. I mean, after all, plenty of women are attractive and wear sexy clothing. How can men be expected to behave under such circumstances. Plenty of African Americans are engaged in illegal activities, therefore we should not expect police to follow the law when apprehending suspects?

This made no sense - none of it.

Men aren't expected to behave when women wear sexy clothes????????????????. You're excusing bad behavior????????????????? Yes, "plenty of AA are engaged in illegal activities" - that was my point. Are you also excusing this bad behavior????????? There are no excuses in either case.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:13 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
This made no sense - none of it.

Men aren't expected to behave when women wear sexy clothes????????????????. You're excusing bad behavior????????????????? Yes, "plenty of AA are engaged in illegal activities" - that was my point. Are you also excusing this bad behavior????????? There are no excuses in either case.
I have no idea what any of this response means.

You don't understand analogies?

Women aren't supposed to be sexually assaulted just because some women engage in risky behaviors. Similar, African Americans aren't supposed to be victims of police misconduct because some African Americans engage in risky behaviors. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Whether or not blacks are committing crimes is completely irrelevant to whether or not the police should be expected to behave. Women's dress/demeanor are completely irrelevant to whether or not they should be safe from assault.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:18 PM

617 posts, read 538,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post

These are the kinds of incidents that BLM is protesting. I have been stopped for a traffic stop and never had a policeman pull a gun on me or beat me up. Why should it be any different for a black mail stopped for a traffic stop or a black woman for that matter (Sandra Bland comes to mind).
Sorry, but why BLM protests only incidents with black people? That was my original question: how's that black lives matter, but not others? Why can't they say "Lives matter"?
I am pretty sure police makes mistakes and accidentally shoots people, but regardless of their color.

Also stats support that black folks have much higher rate of violent crime, so naturally police officers are more cautious with them, they don't want to get shot themselves, and hence you see more incidents.

Black folks need to stop getting mileage out of everything claiming black lives or rights are in more danger that non-black, it's BS.

Last edited by civis; 06-04-2016 at 03:28 PM..

Old 06-04-2016, 08:10 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
Sorry, but why BLM protests only incidents with black people? That was my original question: how's that black lives matter, but not others? Why can't they say "Lives matter"?
I am pretty sure police makes mistakes and accidentally shoots people, but regardless of their color.

Also stats support that black folks have much higher rate of violent crime, so naturally police officers are more cautious with them, they don't want to get shot themselves, and hence you see more incidents.

Black folks need to stop getting mileage out of everything claiming black lives or rights are in more danger that non-black, it's BS.
Put away your privilege and think for a minute about why BLM is protesting. Saying all lives matter or lives matter dismisses black lives.

The next time someone says ‘all lives matter,’ show them these 5 paragraphs | Fusion

Quote:
Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don’t get any. So you say “I should get my fair share.” And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, “everyone should get their fair share.” Now, that’s a wonderful sentiment — indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad’s smart-ass comment just dismissed you and didn’t solve the problem that you still haven’t gotten any!

The problem is that the statement “I should get my fair share” had an implicit “too” at the end: “I should get my fair share, too, just like everyone else.” But your dad’s response treated your statement as though you meant “only I should get my fair share”, which clearly was not your intention. As a result, his statement that “everyone should get their fair share,” while true, only served to ignore the problem you were trying to point out.

That’s the situation of the “black lives matter” movement. Culture, laws, the arts, religion, and everyone else repeatedly suggest that all lives should matter. Clearly, that message already abounds in our society.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:36 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
Sorry, but why BLM protests only incidents with black people? That was my original question: how's that black lives matter, but not others?
Because "White Lives Matter" is a given. It doesn't need to be said because the actions of America prove that white lives matter. Whites have never been subject to institutional racism. Fact. Blacks have been subject to institutional racism since they arrived on America's shores. Also fact. Law enforcement is an institution, ergo, protesters want to verbally remind you that black lives matter within this institution whose actions prove that black lives don't matter.

White people, you have GOT to stop being so selfish and insecure. You think that supporting others somehow takes away from yourself. You are so used to having everything that when something isn't explicitly FOR you, you throw a tantrum. Grow up.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:45 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,219,515 times
I love how people love to bring up black-on-black crime while ignoring white-on-white crime.

While 90% of black people who are murdered are murdered by other blacks, 83% of white people who are murdered are murdered by other whites. Yet folks who hate black people only want to bring up black-on-black crime in attempt to shun BLM as some black hate group when, as has been pointed out, is an activist group whose purpose is to bring attention to the unfair killing of unarmed blacks by police officers. As has also been pointed out, it is a fact that police are more likely to kill unarmed black people.

Though black-on-black murder is 7% higher than white-on-white, it still doesn't change that fact that members of each ethnic group are nearly 100% more likely to be killed by someone of their own ethnicity. ALL people are more likely to be killed by someone of their own ethnic group. White-on-white crime is just has high, but some reason, racist want to only focus on black-on-black crime while sweeping white-on-white crime under the rug. These are the folks who want to believe that most crime committed against whites are by black people. They want to ignore the FACTS. Numbers-wise, whites commit the most crime overall, but blacks are the ones who more likely to be incarcerated. Whites get a slap on the wrist, while black people get sent to jail. The media depicts blacks as being the ones who are poor and on welfare, when it is white people who make up the majority of the nation's poor and account for the majority of welfare recipients--and always have.

Society wants to depict blacks as criminal drug users, when whites have also always had higher drug use than blacks, especially hard drugs like heroine and cocaine. Heck, even in my social circle I notice that none of my minority friends do drugs, while the white people I know--all very well-educated professionals with great jobs--use drugs like cocaine, X, 'shrooms and marijuana. They talk about having cocaine at parties as if it is as normal as having a glass of wine. A lot of my white friends are also heavy drinkers (many of whom are also on prescription meds for mental health issues), while my minority friends either drink rarely or not at all. When I was in high school, while there were a few black kids who smoked weed, the white kids were doing cocaine and other hard drugs, especially the ones whose parents were rich.

These racists who harp on black-on-black crime are also ignoring that fact that:

* Nearly 100% of mass shootings committed in the last three decades have been committed by white males.
* Nearly 100% of school shootings are committed by white males.
* Nearly 100% of cops killed in the line of duty in 2016 have all been killed by white men.

Last edited by Atlanta_BD; 06-05-2016 at 05:31 AM..

Old 06-05-2016, 05:47 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,219,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Because "White Lives Matter" is a given. It doesn't need to be said because the actions of America prove that white lives matter. Whites have never been subject to institutional racism. Fact. Blacks have been subject to institutional racism since they arrived on America's shores. Also fact. Law enforcement is an institution, ergo, protesters want to verbally remind you that black lives matter within this institution whose actions prove that black lives don't matter.

White people, you have GOT to stop being so selfish and insecure. You think that supporting others somehow takes away from yourself. You are so used to having everything that when something isn't explicitly FOR you, you throw a tantrum. Grow up.
Exactly this! And it's not that whites are less criminal or have a higher moral compass, unfortunately since colonial times, they've been made to believe that they are entitled to wealth and resources and that their *ish doesn't stink because their skin is lighter.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:44 PM

138 posts, read 112,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
I love how people love to bring up black-on-black crime while ignoring white-on-white crime.

While 90% of black people who are murdered are murdered by other blacks, 83% of white people who are murdered are murdered by other whites. Yet folks who hate black people only want to bring up black-on-black crime in attempt to shun BLM as some black hate group when, as has been pointed out, is an activist group whose purpose is to bring attention to the unfair killing of unarmed blacks by police officers. As has also been pointed out, it is a fact that police are more likely to kill unarmed black people.

Though black-on-black murder is 7% higher than white-on-white, it still doesn't change that fact that members of each ethnic group are nearly 100% more likely to be killed by someone of their own ethnicity. ALL people are more likely to be killed by someone of their own ethnic group. White-on-white crime is just has high, but some reason, racist want to only focus on black-on-black crime while sweeping white-on-white crime under the rug. These are the folks who want to believe that most crime committed against whites are by black people. They want to ignore the FACTS. Numbers-wise, whites commit the most crime overall, but blacks are the ones who more likely to be incarcerated. Whites get a slap on the wrist, while black people get sent to jail. The media depicts blacks as being the ones who are poor and on welfare, when it is white people who make up the majority of the nation's poor and account for the majority of welfare recipients--and always have.

Society wants to depict blacks as criminal drug users, when whites have also always had higher drug use than blacks, especially hard drugs like heroine and cocaine. Heck, even in my social circle I notice that none of my minority friends do drugs, while the white people I know--all very well-educated professionals with great jobs--use drugs like cocaine, X, 'shrooms and marijuana. They talk about having cocaine at parties as if it is as normal as having a glass of wine. A lot of my white friends are also heavy drinkers (many of whom are also on prescription meds for mental health issues), while my minority friends either drink rarely or not at all. When I was in high school, while there were a few black kids who smoked weed, the white kids were doing cocaine and other hard drugs, especially the ones whose parents were rich.

These racists who harp on black-on-black crime are also ignoring that fact that:

* Nearly 100% of mass shootings committed in the last three decades have been committed by white males.
* Nearly 100% of school shootings are committed by white males.
* Nearly 100% of cops killed in the line of duty in 2016 have all been killed by white men.
You're either an idiot or a liar, possibly both. It is well documented that blacks commit far far more violent crime than do whites, considering that they are only 13% of the population. Either STOP LYING or STOP BEING IGNORANT and learn how numbers work. You clearly don't even know what "normalized stats" mean, which shows how ignorant you are in this conversation to any educated person reading this thread.

FACTS (based on FBI and DOJ data)...

1) A black man is 40x (FORTY) more likely to commit a crime against a white person than the reverse case.
2) Nearly all interracial rape cases are black on white, with documented cases of white on black rape being nearly nonexistent.
3) Blacks commit around 50% of the homicides in the US (Remember, they are 13% of the population)
4) Blacks commit homicide at a rate 8x higher than white people.

Also, when you hold income, education and household wealth constant, poor blacks commit WAY MORE violent crime than do poor whites.

Inb4 STATS ARE RACIST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
And it's not that whites are less criminal or have a higher moral compass,
Hahahahahaha. Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night in light of the ridiculous black violent crime rates.

White people are waking up to this racial nonsense and it's going to get harder and harder to push a 'white guilt' narrative in the face of facts. It isn't racist to call out people like you who are enablers and ignorant regarding all the maladaptive, atrocious behavior that is pervasive within the black community writ large. You can only keep yanking on the chain of white liberal guilt for so long, and after too long it's going to pull back. A vast vast vast majority of whites don't care about that mythical 2-parent, professional, law-abiding black household next to them, in their neighborhood or in their schools. Whites aren't racist any more than the boogeyman is real to a 4yo, but yes, most whites absolutely loathe the degenerate behavior that has become all too common within black culture, and for good reason.

Last edited by EffortPoaster; 06-05-2016 at 07:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago