Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2020, 01:32 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlebar View Post
BLM “activists” tried to stage a rally-protest and the locals booted them out calling them hypocrites etc...guess BLM just showed up thinking “the people” would show up, opposite happened.

“Ifyou ain’t from Englewood, get the F out”...”don’t show up when a kid is shot, only when it’s about the F-ing police”...that type of truth.

Wonder if any of the “woke white” useful idiots dared to show up down there?
This is great to hear! BLM has been nothing but trouble-makers, and it’s to the point now where they are obnoxious. Even though I sympathize with some of their gripes, I could never support them. Glad to see the residents of Englewood are falling for their stunts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....blm-rally/amp/

Old 08-12-2020, 03:38 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,070,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
This is great to hear! BLM has been nothing but trouble-makers, and it’s to the point now where they are obnoxious. Even though I sympathize with some of their gripes, I could never support them. Glad to see the residents of Englewood are falling for their stunts.

Ditto. The (Colorado?) town where the locals put the run on the Antifa pukes was also wonderful to see.

Old 08-12-2020, 03:41 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:

EDIT: "Glad to see the residents of Englewood are NOT falling for their stunts."

Old 08-12-2020, 06:56 PM

334 posts, read 170,732 times
Quote:

Yep, the BLM booted out of Englewood in the NY Post...lol.

The working class has never shown up for the Marxist revolution, just shows how out of touch our current version of Marxism isn’t playing with “the people.”

It’s a great story and diminishes BLM legitimacy

Old 08-13-2020, 08:25 AM

334 posts, read 170,732 times
Quote:

So it looks like the NY Post is the go to for real Chicago reporting, it’s certainly not gonna be the SunTimes...Ronald McDonald House (yes, that place where family of and sick children stay) was attacked by looters in River North. Imagine what those already stressed and hurting kids and their families went through hearing the glass doors and windows being shattered...staff were very frightened.

Disgusting...I’ve never heard of anything this vile.

This Ronald McDonald House is near Laurie Childrens’ Hospital in River North.

D

Old 08-13-2020, 08:48 AM

4,653 posts, read 3,260,261 times
I'm afraid the only way to fight fire is with water, and extinguish it FAST before more spread of fire destroys innocents' property!

Old 08-13-2020, 11:24 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,813,430 times
Attacking the Ronald McDonald House? Those families are living through hell right now with seriously ill children during a pandemic. The people who work for RMH are doing everything possible to keep them safe. How can the citizens of Chicago live with this? Don't you care about any lives? What is it going to take for people to demand change?

Old 08-13-2020, 12:48 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,581,918 times
These days a person's greatest fear is being called racist, and the city is well aware stronger and draconian policies will lead to just that. Nothing is going to change with our "leaders".

That said, I say Chicago should start arming and training civilians en masse. This is, in effect, an invasion. Terrorism. It needs to be treated as such.

Old 08-13-2020, 01:55 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,070,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
These days a person's greatest fear is being called racist, and the city is well aware stronger and draconian policies will lead to just that. Nothing is going to change with our "leaders".

That said, I say Chicago should start arming and training civilians en masse. This is, in effect, an invasion. Terrorism. It needs to be treated as such.
And as such, I expect high-rise dwellers in the Loop will stock up on fist-sized rocks (or golf balls) to keep in their apartments. Then, the next time cars start pulling up in the Loop at midnight, with their owners getting out to break into businesses and loot, they will start knocking out windshields from their balconies. Good exercise and loads of Covid-lockdown relief, LOL. It would make the looters pay a high price for their little trips downtown. Plus, the cops could more easily find the perps if their windshields were busted out or hoods, roofs, and trunks were dented up. For those who merely want to help the cops identify the Bad Guys, balloons full of paint would do the trick They should make sure to aim carefully, since one wouldn't want to hurt anyone. Destroying their vehicles will go a long way toward shutting this crap down. Instead of raising drawbridges, the cops should deploy spike strips - tires are what a hundred bucks a pop? Paying four hundred bucks for their new Gucci purse would sure take the fun out of it.

Last edited by Curly Q. Bobalink; 08-13-2020 at 02:50 PM..

Old 08-13-2020, 02:29 PM

30 posts, read 24,195 times
What makes you think they paid for that Gucci purse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago