Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2022, 08:04 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,247,544 times

Advertisements

BOBNCHI, good morning.

Yes, Sir. THAT is the news account I was referencing. I wonder if the "suspected" thief, at this point is also only "suspected" of the stabbing!

Well, as you know I work in the court system. And so, by Law, yes it is appropriate that cameras recordings will need to be checked, witnesses interviewed, etc.

I just hope that JUSTICE PREVAILS!!!!

Thank you, for sharing, that attachment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 06:59 PM

9,977 posts, read 5,673,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
BOBNCHI, good morning.

Yes, Sir. THAT is the news account I was referencing. I wonder if the "suspected" thief, at this point is also only "suspected" of the stabbing!

Well, as you know I work in the court system. And so, by Law, yes it is appropriate that cameras recordings will need to be checked, witnesses interviewed, etc.

I just hope that JUSTICE PREVAILS!!!!

Thank you, for sharing, that attachment.
Unfortunately the crime problem is outpacing the criminal justice system's ability -- or maybe I should say WILLIGNESS -- to deal with it.

Maybe we'll see some course correction now that it's seeping into neighborhoods occupied by the self-congratulatory ideologues responsible for the sty policies producing these results. Bad outcomes from ideological navel-gazing are supposed to be for the little people, not the Overlord Class.

Old 03-08-2022, 04:48 AM

Bitey, you are right!

And I understand why citizens are getting on board to challenge blatant criminals, even with the risk of their own injury!

Of course, I feel remorse for injuries if/when they sustain them, in the attempts to bring the justice!

I respect them greatly, in fact.

Old 03-08-2022, 07:23 AM

9,977 posts, read 5,673,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Bitey, you are right!

And I understand why citizens are getting on board to challenge blatant criminals, even with the risk of their own injury!

Of course, I feel remorse for injuries if/when they sustain them, in the attempts to bring the justice!

I respect them greatly, in fact.
Yeah, unfortunately the signal the people are increasingly getting from their "leaders" is "you're on your own, so good luck."

Old 03-08-2022, 07:31 AM

Bitey, good morning,

As you know, I have intervened on others' behalf in Chicago. They happened to be episodes where people were aggressive, which is "interesting" because they never responded with physical aggression on me. (Due to my training? Due to luck??).

I'm almost 50, and my family and friends are always asking that I be careful. The truth is, everyone has to be careful everyday of your life (one could trip down the stairs, one could be in a car accident, etc.). But I understand what they are saying, because I am CHOOSING to put myself in the middle of altercations.

But that's my choice: To help others; in particular when I believe a person is being bullied.

I would also intervene if I saw someone stealing from a store. I just haven't really found myself in those situations. But I would do it.

I respect those who take the chance to help.... I also understand and have to respect others' decisions if they don't want to intervene.

But I WILL say this: Criminals will do their work where they think they won't be met with resistance.... Just sayin'.

HAVE AGREAT DAY, EVERYONE!!!!!

Old 03-10-2022, 07:49 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,567,852 times
Curious how Chicagoans feel about the Smollett sentencing? According to the news he will be spending the next 150 days in the Cook county jail. Thoughts?

Old 03-10-2022, 08:14 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,676,840 times
He should be fined much more. Prison time seems silly. Why should taxpayers pay for him. He should be reimbursing us!

Old 03-10-2022, 08:26 PM

94 posts, read 61,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Curious how Chicagoans feel about the Smollett sentencing? According to the news he will be spending the next 150 days in the Cook county jail. Thoughts?

Seems sufficient. Hopes he serve all 150 days. Guessing his acting career is over.

Old 03-10-2022, 09:27 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,567,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
He should be fined much more. Prison time seems silly. Why should taxpayers pay for him. He should be reimbursing us!
I believe the time in jail is to discourage others from engaging in fake racial hate crimes. His family has plenty of money and a fine of $100,000 is not going to be a big deal to them.

I think the jail time of 5 months is reasonable. If he had admitted to the hoax at trial he would have never been sent to jail. Unfortunately, he is holding firm that he is innocent. He obviously has some serious issues and sadly, his family encourages his bad behavior.

Last edited by Charlotteborn; 03-10-2022 at 10:02 PM..

Old 03-11-2022, 03:12 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,676,840 times
^ that's why the fine should be much larger, like millions. No need to waste taxpayer money on putting this dolt in prison. He is a danger only to himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago