Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 05:19 AM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perennial millennial View Post
How is this even legal?
Since when do democrats care about what is legal? They are letting ILLEGALS walk in that says it all. And many on top of that are drug and human traffickers among many other things

Last edited by Robert9; 09-30-2022 at 05:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2022, 07:29 AM

2,195 posts, read 1,852,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Use migrants as forced labor to own DeSantis --now THERE'S a well thought-out plan.
It's about as well thought out as illegally trafficking people to Martha's Vineyard by giving them false information.

Look, I've actually got ZERO problem sending these folks to sanctuary cities....but that move was insane.

Old 09-30-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
It's about as well thought out as illegally trafficking people to Martha's Vineyard by giving them false information.

Look, I've actually got ZERO problem sending these folks to sanctuary cities....but that move was insane.
Martha's Vineyard who claimed to want these illegals could not get rid of them fast enough. Just like the so-called sanctuary cities. Bunch of hypocrites.

Old 09-30-2022, 09:03 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:

Yeah that reminds me, has the Bexar County DA found the crime he couldn't find yet after launching a criminal investigation before he could even figure out what crime there was to investigate?

Old 09-30-2022, 01:17 PM

833 posts, read 453,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Martha's Vineyard who claimed to want these illegals could not get rid of them fast enough. Just like the so-called sanctuary cities. Bunch of hypocrites.
It’s a remote island. They have no resources or facilities to help these people.

Old 09-30-2022, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears02 View Post
It’s a remote island. They have no resources or facilities to help these people.
People at Martha's Vineyard should be honest for once and admit they want illegals to be any where at all. but there as they do not want them near them.

Old 09-30-2022, 03:52 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
People at Martha's Vineyard should be honest for once and admit they want illegals to be any where at all. but there as they do not want them near them.
Unless they bring a lawnmower and a leaf blower.

Old 09-30-2022, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Unless they bring a lawnmower and a leaf blower.
Yes only then are they accepted, good point!

Old 10-01-2022, 06:58 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,276,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears02 View Post
Yes, there are resources for 50 pp, they just want to claim to be welcoming of all, as long as they don't come there. There are a lot of pp that live on that island year round so what is the problem with 50 more? I can only imagine what Texas is going through with millions crossing illegally.

There is a huge change in the area of VT that I live, and it isn't good. It used to be peaceful..now they are blasting Spanish music in the parking lots begging for money. Like the taxpayers aren't giving them enough. Wait until they experience the winters here, I don't expect many will stay.

Old 10-01-2022, 07:53 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,460,718 times
Quote:

Insane how? As a former resident of Berwyn and a current resident of Little Village I probably have a unique perspective on this. It always bothered me that we have all these leftist ideals supporting open border but only select (mostly poor) communities pay the cost.

When I lived in Berwyn, we got a huge influx of illegal immigrants during the 2000s housing bubble, who were actually buying homes on stated income ARM mortgages. Not only did we get disproportionately killed during the housing crash with mortgage foreclosures, but our school scores completely tanked. ESL students simply have trouble on standardized tests, and everyone bases suburban housing decisions on school scores.

This cost me personally a lot of money, and while Berwyn is a great community now, it has huge debt, and property values and school quality are not what they should be.

So, what's so insane about asking wealthy communities who support open border policies to carry some of the weight of those policies? Martha's Vineyard has many properties where these immigrants could have been housed, starting with Barrack Obama's 7,000 square foot, 30 acre estate that he only uses part time. Why wasn't he volunteering to help? After all, he signed the DREAM executive order. Instead, the National Guard bused them out of there in less than 48 hours. WTF?? That's infuriating to me.

I am a lifelong Democrat who bleeds Democrat Blue. But hypocrisy like this is killing our party. We need to turn it around and lead by example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago