Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 11:32 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,789,833 times

Advertisements

It makes me sick how Burris is now holding rallies at black churches and is trying to make this a racial issue. Bobby Rush is now getting beind the Burris cause. How f****** ridiculous! This is about Blago, you dufus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 11:40 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
"I am not a TOOL of the governor. I'm a TOOL of the people of Illinois," Burris told the Tribune Tuesday evening. "If I was worried about the TAINT [of Blagojevich], I would never have accepted that. I don't have any TAINT from Gov. Blagojevich."

Enough said here.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
It makes me sick how Burris is now holding rallies at black churches and is trying to make this a racial issue. Bobby Rush is now getting beind the Burris cause. How f****** ridiculous! This is about Blago, you dufus!
I called this one on the day of appointment. Did you see how people (in this thread and other threads) tried to scoff at my statement below?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Because the Black "mafia" ( Bobby the Booby Rush, assorted preachers,Emil Jones, Jesse Jackson Jr.,etc...) are going to attempt to force the next Governor to appoint Burris as well.

You heard it here first.

RB is well liked by Quinn,Jesse White, and a host of others.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:43 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
Default Surreal

Blagojevich acting as though he hasn't been indicted or facing impeachment, the former Black Panther now Congressman Rush, making accusations of racism and comatose Burris accepting a controversial Senatorial appointment that was already denied him by the voters of Illinois,speaking in the third person as if royalty.

It's official,the chimps are now running the zoo

Old 01-05-2009, 09:41 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,105,849 times
The whole thing is just nauseating. At this point anyone who has stood at the podium besides Blago at a pres conference in the past two weeks should be sent to Guantanamo.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:22 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Exactly. And this tactic gets so tiring. The whole race card. I don't recall there being a racial/color/ethnicity quota for Senators. And yet....whenever you try to go about business, the race thing gets thrown at you. It's kinda hard to forget about race and become a "colorless" country when it's used as a tool to thrust in your face (keep mind out of gutter please) whenever you don't get your own way. Hey, big newsflash: It isn't always about color. You know? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:03 PM

Burris needs to be committed to the same mental facility as Blago. They are off of their rockers.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:07 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,789,833 times
Whether it's the "race card", the "colonialism card" (Mugabe, Castro, Chavez), the "poverty card" (often played by the same people using the race card), the "religion card" (Bin Laden, IRA, right-wing culture warriors like Pat Robertson), or the "we were humiliated in World War I card" (German Nazis), playing to a person's sense of victimhood is a very effective tool of manipulation. And you see it on both sides of the political spectrum. This is why Russia could be very dangerous in the future.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:10 PM

Yes they are. They all come from the same school of tactics.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:13 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
You know, I was kind of indifferent about Burris until I got a clue just how full of himself he is. The man isn't even dead yet but he's already built a mausoleum to himself where he keeps a running list of his accomplishments. This is just weird and creepy:

Flickr Photo Download: Burrisgrave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago