Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 07:07 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times

Advertisements

Reading this thread today has put much sadness in my heart.

May the Lord help us all to walk in LOVE (Him),
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 07:45 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Verna
Let me repeat..
KEY WORDS: "...God giving them the ability to RECEIVE it."

Many on the CD forums alone,including me, have mentioned spending many years sincerely asking, seeking and praying for what others appeared to have with no results.
But even if we had not, the statement above...those key words....indicate that maybe we have been denied the ABILITY,yes?
Do you not understand the contradiction it creates?
Remember, it wasn't me that brought those 'key words' here ...you did.
You were created by God just like I was old_cold...with the same measure of faith as I...it must be "IGNITED!" as He is no respector of persons. I can't say why you do not have faith...only God can answer that. It is between you and Him.

I truly hope you find God through Jesus Christ, and the answers you say you seek.

God Bless.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:51 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
You were created by God just like I was old_cold...with the same measure of faith as I...it must be "IGNITED!" as He is no respector of persons. I can't say why you do not have faith...only God can answer that. It is between you and Him.

I truly hope you find God through Jesus Christ, and the answers you say you seek.

God Bless.

Verna.

Thank you Verna....I have found my answers (check the atheist board ) but surely did not get one from you that addressed the exact question
But I have to admit, I didn't really expect to.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:07 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,920 times
Verna, did you ever consider that maybe eternal death cannot be if death and hell are thrown into the lake of fire. No more death. ?

Old 10-02-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Thank you Verna....I have found my answers (check the atheist board ) but surely did not get one from you that addressed the exact question
But I have to admit, I didn't really expect to.
Well, they say, if you don't expect something, then you won't be disappointed.

Maybe what you want is an easy out, and I can't give it to you. If I understand what your "exact question" is..."Have you been denied the ability?"...I will not tell you yes or no to this, as only God knows what your future holds...it depends upon you...a day could still be ahead, that God sees in your future, that you will come to know Him. Again...it's completely between you and Him...and what you want your life to be.

God Bless you in your journey.

In Christ's love, and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Verna, did you ever consider that maybe eternal death cannot be if death and hell are thrown into the lake of fire. No more death. ?
Does hellfire torment the lost eternally or consume them permanently?

I believe it consumes them permanently.

"The destruction of the sinner is forever, and he shall not be remembered, when the righteous is visited. This is the portion of sinners for ever" (Ps. Sol. 3:11-12).

What is eternal or unquenchable is not the punishment, but the fire. In the Old Testament this fire is eternal or unquenchable in the sense that it totally consumes dead bodies. This conclusion is supported by Christ’s warning that we should not fear human beings who can harm the body, but the One "who can destroy both soul and body in hell [gehenna]" (Matt 10:28).

"HELL - ETERNAL TORMENT OR ANNIHILATION?"
Samuele Bacchiocchi, Ph.D., Andrews University

The implication is clear. Hell is the place of final punishment, which results in the total destruction of the whole being, soul and body.

In Christ's love...prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:29 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,034,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...no argument from me on this...surely some more will come unto Him.

KEY WORDS: "...God giving them the ability to RECEIVE it."

Many will not...they will not be His sheep...for His sheep hear His voice and KNOW Him, and follow Him.

If you do not keep his commandments, you are a willfull sinner, and you do not know Him, nor do you abide in Him...nor does He know or abide in you.

It kinda blows your theories out of the water doesn't it...?

Of course you say that, as it supports your FALSE! UR belief...anything short of the truth of annihilation, and you don't stand a chance getting that "FALSE" "second chance" of being reconciliated to Christ by this ~~fairy tale~~ "cleansing fire" after you die in your sin. The solution proposed by some universalists is that God will save all the unfaithful by enabling them to be gradually transformed through a "purgatorial" process after death.

"Both the metaphorical and universalistic views of hell represent worthy attempts "to take the hell out of hell." Unfortunately, they fail to do justice to the Biblical data and thus they ultimately misrepresent the Biblical doctrine of the final punishment of the unsaved. The sensible solution to the problems of the traditionalist view is to be found, not by lowering or eliminating the pain quotient of a literal hell but, by accepting hell for what it is, the final punishment and permanent annihilation of the wicked. As the Bible says: "The wicked will be no more" (Ps 37:10) because "their end is destruction" (Phil 3:19)."

HELL: ETERNAL TORMENT OR ANNIHILATION"
Samuele Bacchiocchi Ph.D., Andrews University

God Bless.

Verna.
No ALL will eventually be His. There cannot be ANY that are forever lost because IF that could be the case, then it would mean that God worked in VAIN when he gave each their life.

Moses PREFERRED to be dead forever if God wouldn't remove the sin from sinners:

Exo 32:32 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.

Moses continued service unto the Lord shows that Moses understood that God would save all.

The "wicked will be no more" because God shall remove all of our wicked nature by replacing it with His divine nature. So if there is ANY annhilation it is of the wicked nature itself and not of the work that God started.

That is why the end of the wicked is their destruction because what is wicked is replaced with what is righteous.

A NEW heart is given.

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

NOBODY can have THAT Spirit unless God provides it to them. They cannot QUALIFY for it. For it is already purposed to be provided to ALL in DUE time. Our nature is not capable of pursuing that Spirit. Our nature is not capable of a Divine Nature - it MUST be GIVEN to us by God.

If ANYONE is wicked it is BECAUSE God has not yet given them of His Spirit. There is NO other reason that they are wicked since wickedness is our carnal nature.

This is what all NON-Universalists (and I'm sure some that are universalists) fail to understand. We cannot become APPROVED to receive God's Spirit. We cannot QUALIFY for it. There is not respect of persons with God.

God is in complete control, the murderer murders because that is his nature. The robber steals because that is his nature. The pedophile is a pedophile because that is his nature. But God can destroy the nature of all of those by simply giving them His nature.

Ask yourself this "CAN God remove the wickedness of anyone?" He is ALMIGHTY, correct.

Now if you answered "Yes" to that question then if He could is there any reasonable/rational reason why He wouldn't remove the wickedness from everyone?

Old 10-02-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
No ALL will eventually be His. There cannot be ANY that are forever lost because IF that could be the case, then it would mean that God worked in VAIN when he gave each their life.

Moses PREFERRED to be dead forever if God wouldn't remove the sin from sinners:

Exo 32:32 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.

Moses continued service unto the Lord shows that Moses understood that God would save all.

The "wicked will be no more" because God shall remove all of our wicked nature by replacing it with His divine nature. So if there is ANY annhilation it is of the wicked nature itself and not of the work that God started.

That is why the end of the wicked is their destruction because what is wicked is replaced with what is righteous.

A NEW heart is given.

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

NOBODY can have THAT Spirit unless God provides it to them. They cannot QUALIFY for it. For it is already purposed to be provided to ALL in DUE time. Our nature is not capable of pursuing that Spirit. Our nature is not capable of a Divine Nature - it MUST be GIVEN to us by God.

If ANYONE is wicked it is BECAUSE God has not yet given them of His Spirit. There is NO other reason that they are wicked since wickedness is our carnal nature.

This is what all NON-Universalists (and I'm sure some that are universalists) fail to understand. We cannot become APPROVED to receive God's Spirit. We cannot QUALIFY for it. There is not respect of persons with God.

God is in complete control, the murderer murders because that is his nature. The robber steals because that is his nature. The pedophile is a pedophile because that is his nature. But God can destroy the nature of all of those by simply giving them His nature.

Ask yourself this "CAN God remove the wickedness of anyone?" He is ALMIGHTY, correct.

Now if you answered "Yes" to that question then if He could is there any reasonable/rational reason why He wouldn't remove the wickedness from everyone?
...blah...blah...blah...round and round we go go trettep...the same 'ol UR "stuff", over and over again...I've heard it all 1000 times...I am numb to it now...

...and Yes, I did answer Yes to your question...of course He can...and the answer is, He will not, He wants it to be our decision to love and follow Him and His commandments...He said, "Do this, IF!...", He said, "Do that, IF!...", He said, "COME!...", He said, "If you love Me, keep my commandments...", He said, "This is he who loves Me, he who keepeth My commandments...", He said, "Keepeth...", He said, "Lay hold to...", He said, "Hear My Words...", He said, "Walk as Jesus walked...holy and blameless..."...He said so many things that require an ACTION from YOU!...from all of US!

UR is a false gospel, it takes away all responsibility of the sinner and requires it of Jesus again and again...He is D_O_N_E!~! as in FINISHED with ALL He is required to do, Period...now it is up to you.

Eternal torment is a false gospel too...and what will UR'ers do with annihilation...it isn't received well by you all...I understand. It's just more of the false teachings of Modern Christianity...some way to get out of the reality of being soul dead forever if you die in your sin...any way to get out of it..but it isn't going to happen...sorry.

God Bless.

Verna.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
No one puts new wine into old wineskins, or else the new wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskins will be ruined.
But new wine must be put into new wineskins, and both are preserved.

Again

Old 10-02-2010, 12:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Verna, it seems that the only opinions that you want to hear are the ones that agree with what you say 100%. If you don't dislike me - you sure have a funny way of showing it! You are sarcastic, dismissive, and just plain rude to me and almost everyone else who disagrees with you or who tries to challenge you - including other believers. I just don't get it.
And once again - I don't understand why - if you are so concerned about what happens to the nonbelievers (and everyone else who doesn't believe as you do) after we die - then shouldn't we be there very people that you should be talking to? What's the point of trying to convince other believers when you believe that they will be going to Heaven along slide you? It seems that if this was really coming from a place of love - that you would want to talk to the unbelievers. It seems that you would have been more than happy to welcome the comments from the unbelievers and show them love and compassion. Instead - you are combative and dimismissive and arrogant. It just doesn't quite make sense to me.
And do all the people that don't keep the Sabbath get annihilated, too - or is it enough to accept Jesus as your saviour?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity