Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2010, 12:33 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I think you meant Damler, but, which of those mentioned were fellow believers? The Bible has the word "hate" in it as expressed by God himself on several occasions. The command is to love our "brothers", not every godless evil creature in creation. Loving fellow believers can be difficult enough...
The command is not only to love our brothers and our neighbours it is also to love our enemies
Quote:
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 05:35 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,034,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Yes, I had noticed what you had said, and I'll reply the same again: the only "qualification" needed to be saved is a belief in, and receiving, Jesus Christ as Lord. That word "qualification" is your word, not mine. (it's NOT in the Bible)...
Therefore, I have to disagree that one cannot "qualify" to be saved. Those who have believed in, and received, Jesus, are indeed "qualified". (if you must insist on using that term) If you are saying there is some other way to eternal life with God, other than receiving Jesus Christ, then you are preaching a false gospel, IMO.
I guess we'll just agree to disagree...ok?

Bud
So you believe your salvation is not 100 percent the work of God since you had to do you part and QUALIFY.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:25 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,198,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Marmac, do you LOVE Hitler, Dalmer, Sadam, Manson, Osama, etc..?

If you don't then that is NOT Christian.

I love everyone. ( love the sinner, hate the sin )

I hope that the ones mentioned had true repent for their sins before death.

Only God knows if they did or didn't.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:59 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,887,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
So you believe your salvation is not 100 percent the work of God since you had to do you part and QUALIFY.

"Qualify" and "qualification" are your words, not mine, nor the Bible's.
Here's what the Bible says about salvation:

Romans 10
8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

There is the believing in the heart first, then the confession with the mouth, unto salvation. If you want to call that "qualification", "not 100% the work of God", etc, I don't care...because it is Bible. I'm sorry if you don't believe it...

Bud

Old 10-04-2010, 10:57 AM

I am always amused when posters--pick and choose--which one of Jesus words they believe.

An atheist has more credibility cuz they don't believe in Jesus or God.

When a Christian tries to tell me which of Jesus words they don't believe cuz it isn't possible, I usually respond with--------" but yet you think it's possible to be killed and rise from the tomb" ?

Amazing how many "Christians" only believe in the words of Jesus that doesn't make them unconfortable when they reflect on their own lifestyle.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:37 PM

229 posts, read 332,242 times
Default Pot, kettle

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I am always amused when posters--pick and choose--which one of Jesus words they believe.

An atheist has more credibility cuz they don't believe in Jesus or God.

When a Christian tries to tell me which of Jesus words they don't believe cuz it isn't possible, I usually respond with--------" but yet you think it's possible to be killed and rise from the tomb" ?

Amazing how many "Christians" only believe in the words of Jesus that doesn't make them unconfortable when they reflect on their own lifestyle.
How can you be sure that you are a "true christian" yourself, especially as it looked as if you were blanking out a swear word, I thought True Christians weren't supposed to swear, as a non-christian (I am a Deist), I'm so stunned I need to lie down

Speaking of picking and choosing, ..why don't you or others that think like you take the following passages literally, you should as, "All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God, Romans 3v23" , which you are so fond of pointing out to everybody else, such as "false christians" and non-christians alike

Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

Oh, but that's not literal, you will say, ....oh the hypocrisy of it all

Last edited by TheUnknown67; 10-04-2010 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 10-04-2010, 04:10 PM

---as a non-Christian---

Why do my posts directed at Christians, in a sub forum entitled Christianity, bother you enough to post a response. ?

Old 10-04-2010, 04:46 PM

229 posts, read 332,242 times
Default How christians address one another speaks volumes

Quote:
---as a non-Christian---

Why do my posts directed at Christians, in a sub forum entitled Christianity, bother you enough to post a response. ?
OH, so now you actually ACKNOWLEDGE them as Christians now, how very nice of you

I got the distinct impression you didn't view them as fellow christians, judging by your sanctimonious, self righteous post directed at them, that's why I addressed you

BTW there is far too much of this "You are not a true christian on here", anyway

It may come as a shock to you, that perhaps some of us may really be looking for answers, I think your attitude has shown me where NOT to look

By their fruits ye shall know them

Thanks from the bottom of my heart

And FYI, this is an open forum, where everyone is entitled to voice their opinion

Last edited by TheUnknown67; 10-04-2010 at 04:56 PM..

Old 10-04-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I love everyone. ( love the sinner, hate the sin )

I hope that the ones mentioned had true repent for their sins before death.

Only God knows if they did or didn't.
It doesn't matter if they did so before they died. God still lives and will resurrect them and they will have to PAY for their sins. See the parable of the unforgiving servant. That servant only had to PAY TILL they paid all that was due. God has Mercy on the Merciful. For those that are not Merciful they will have to pay for their sins. But in the end, all shall be saved.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
"Qualify" and "qualification" are your words, not mine, nor the Bible's.
Here's what the Bible says about salvation:

Romans 10
8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

There is the believing in the heart first, then the confession with the mouth, unto salvation. If you want to call that "qualification", "not 100% the work of God", etc, I don't care...because it is Bible. I'm sorry if you don't believe it...

Bud
Bud, what your not realizing is that the FAITH itself is given to one by God. This is one of the biggest mistakes that I see by all those trying to understand. They want to credit themselves for the Faith part. The FACT is that even the Faith is provided by God and NOT of yourself. I'm glad your sticking to the Bible because I am also. Paul says that believers were CARNAL before they were Spiritual:

1Co 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

What does the scriptures say about being Carnal:

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

So if we are CARNAL before we are Spiritual then at that point we HATE (enmity) God and will not do His will or desire Him.

So you see even the CHANGE of Heart to EVEN DESIRE GOD is FROM GOD:

Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: Eze 11:20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

See the conversion process doesn't have us QUALIFYING in any way what so ever. The FAITH itself is given by God Himself. It is 100 percent His work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity