Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 12:56 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,115,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Nobody can afford to be wrong about this!
What reason do you think God had for basing the salvation of mankind on a person being right? Couldn't He have come up with a plan of mercy and grace instead? If all it takes is for someone to be right about something, couldn't that plan have worked without Jesus dying? The fact that someone MUST BE RIGHT to be saved waters down the gospel (good news), which is:

- Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures.
- He was buried.
- He was raised on the third day according to the scriptures.

Last edited by Bright Hope for Tomorrow; 03-31-2011 at 01:14 PM..

Old 03-31-2011, 01:27 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,142,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
What reason do you think God had for basing the salvation of mankind on a person being right? Couldn't He have come up with a plan of mercy and grace instead? If all it takes is for someone to be right about something, couldn't that plan have worked without Jesus dying? The fact that someone MUST BE RIGHT to be saved waters down the gospel (good news), which is:

- He was buried.
Yes excellent point.

Again we see the deception is caused by pride. "I'm right so I'm saved, you're wrong so you won't be saved"...

Romans 9:16 It does not, therefore, depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:32 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post

- He was buried.
Preach it sister !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2011, 02:37 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,514,512 times
Why so many who vigorously promoting UR, are so weak on Bible truth and in lifting-up the Christ of the Bible?

Because it's self fulfilling. It places their IMO of terms of salvation as the way, the truth and the life.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:18 AM

63 posts, read 101,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I believe that eventually Jesus will subject all to Himself, whereas Pres. Obama will not. No one will reject Jesus forever, because He has been made heir of all, meaning that all belong to Him. One day every knee will bow to Him in adoration and every tongue will confess and acknowledge Him as Lord, to the glory of God the Father. It was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself through Jesus having made peace through the blood of His cross and all are to be reunited in Christ. I believe that all who reject Jesus are blinded and held captive but will one day see the light and be set free. God bless.
(Ref. Romans 14, Colossians 1, Ephesians 1, Hebrews 1 )

Love never fails! Never, ever! God is love, and love never fails.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,710,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Why so many who vigorously promoting UR, are so weak on Bible truth and in lifting-up the Christ of the Bible?

Because it's self fulfilling. It places their IMO of terms of salvation as the way, the truth and the life.
Yes, Twin !! It is definitely 'self fulfilling' rather then 'Christ fulfilling'....
What is presented from this heresy, false teaching is nothing but the flesh, the carnal mind..... it is a fear of the truth about eternity and denying Christ crucified !
It all comes down to the truth of the carnal mind and how it works and can/will not accept..... understanding the things, will of God for whatever reasons of their unbelief by which the 'unbelief' is what deceives them, so they can not come to the truth but their conscience suppresses the truth of God and so the only alternative is that the conscience can only exchanged it for the lie and worship the created rather then the Creator.... amen !!
Long as they continue in unbelief about the truth of eternity they will never understand and are mentally weak what God's truth is through and about Jesus Christ !!!

Old 04-06-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Yes, Twin !! It is definitely 'self fulfilling' rather then 'Christ fulfilling'....
What is presented from this heresy, false teaching is nothing but the flesh, the carnal mind..... it is a fear of the truth about eternity and denying Christ crucified !
It all comes down to the truth of the carnal mind and how it works and can/will not accept..... understanding the things, will of God for whatever reasons of their unbelief by which the 'unbelief' is what deceives them, so they can not come to the truth but their conscience suppresses the truth of God and so the only alternative is that the conscience can only exchanged it for the lie and worship the created rather then the Creator.... amen !!
Long as they continue in unbelief about the truth of eternity they will never understand and are mentally weak what God's truth is through and about Jesus Christ !!!
Cyber this is simply not true. Anyone who believes in Universal Reconciliation, trust solely in Christ for all things. They believe it's because of him that we are in Christ 1 Cor 1:30, which fundamental christians believe it's because of them they are in Christ. Though the fundamentalist cannot see it they are continually without shame saying it's because of them that they are in Christ

The carnal minded fundamental christian says I believe, I chose, I sought, I found, I decided,I accepted,I received, and I repented, I is their testimony and proof you trust in yourself to find yourself in Christ.This is pure rebellion and unbelief of what the scriptures says.

Again the Universalist believes it's because of him that we are in Christ 1 Cor 1:30 What is self fulfilling about this. All what God did happened In Christ. This is why we look to Him, not a tree , not an empty tomb but to him.This is wher we are and it's because of Him.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:03 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,520,573 times
Christian Universalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-06-2011, 07:07 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,142,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Wow, right back at ya cyber! lol

You realize everything you said is complete rhetoric and could be even more easily applied to your own belief system?

I mean know ill-will here, but just look at what you are saying. Step outside the box for a second. Its rhetoric that makes you feel better, but in actual fact it describes you just as well.

Just sayin...

Old 04-06-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Hypocrisy Fundamental Christianity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity