Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how do you view this passage?
saves ALL people without exception 14 37.84%
offeres salvation to all 21 56.76%
something else 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Clearly you do NOT believe that God has "written in our hearts" and abides with us so that we will not need any teachers to know the TRUTH.
I think you have difficulty understanding what I just told you.

Quote:
You take what men have told you about the Bible and follow those teachers guidance when you MAKE EXCUSES for why what you are told to believe contradicts love and what your HEART knows must be true.
Who told me and what?

Quote:
You are denying that Christ abides with us and God has written what is there! You have no faith that Jesus lives with us if you believe ANY other Spirit could ever override the Holy Spirit within us.
Who appointed you to the judge of my faith?

Old 06-07-2011, 11:14 AM

63,842 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think you have difficulty understanding what I just told you.
Who told me and what?
Who appointed you to the judge of my faith?
I am not judging your faith . . . I am judging what you wrote in your post. If your faith is other than what you wrote in your post there shouldn't be a problem. What you wrote is what I took issue with. BTW . . . I agree with the other posters who have criticized your deceptive quoting of sentences out of context and replying to them AS IF they were said in an entirely different context. God will judge your heart, Finn and I don't believe your lies and deceptions in defense of your beliefs will be taken lightly.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:14 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
I am not judging your faith . . . I am judging what you wrote in your post. If your faith is other than what you wrote in your post there shouldn't be a problem. What you wrote is what I took issue with. BTW . . . I agree with the other posters who have criticized your deceptive quoting of sentences out of context and replying to them AS IF they were said in an entirely different context. God will judge your heart, Finn and I don't believe your lies and deceptions in defense of your beliefs will be taken lightly.
Read your posts and see that practically all of them contain some kind of judgment, and in your previous post you told me three times what I believe as if you were stating a fact, but you were wrong in every account.

You threaten me with the wrath of God???? LOL LOL

No, I have nothing to worry about in that area. heh-heh

Let the anger go my friend.

Here is my post again, so you can read it again. I post it again, because your reply had very little, if anything to do with the post. It sounded like you just wanted to make a few inaccurate claims about me.

Who said anything about ignoring or replacing anything? No one. Except you maybe. You seem to be saying we should ignore the Bible and just go with what is written in people's hearts? How about use both? We have the Holy Spirit in our hearts to teach us understand the scriptures, but if the message in your heart contradicts the teachings of the Bible, the there is a darn good chance that whatever there is written in your heart, was not written there by the Holy Spirit.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:05 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Read your posts and see that practically all of them contain some kind of judgment, and in your previous post you told me three times what I believe as if you were stating a fact, but you were wrong in every account.

No, I have nothing to worry about in that area. heh-heh

Here is my post again, so you can read it again. I post it again, because your reply had very little, if anything to do with the post. It sounded like you just wanted to make a few inaccurate claims about me.

Who said anything about ignoring or replacing anything? No one. Except you maybe. You seem to be saying we should ignore the Bible and just go with what is written in people's hearts? How about use both? We have the Holy Spirit in our hearts to teach us understand the scriptures, but if the message in your heart contradicts the teachings of the Bible, the there is a darn good chance that whatever there is written in your heart, was not written there by the Holy Spirit.

Finn- I so agree with every word. I don't know you , I never met you, but we are in full agreement because we have the same Lord and Savior.
I don't know how you came to know God but I know you know God.

How do they know Christ and what he said in the scriptures and his full word of God if one does not read the very words he said.?

What could be written in their hearts. The Holy Spirit writes the word of God in their hearts. The word of God is Jesus . The word of God is God. The word of God is the scriptures whether it be the bible or a scroll or a slab of stone.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:10 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,438,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Sciotamatics,
I know we disagree. But you know after some 1700 years, if anything would have surfaced that would have had the validated itself as inspired, I'm sure God would have seen to it that those who make such decisions not usurp his will.

I honestly don't understand why it seems that the very people would make claim God has the power to have all saved .... are yet the same people who deny God's power to keep his word inherent and complete.
By denying the accuracy \ completeness of the bible IMO should make one believe that humans are capable of impose their will over God's.
Lots of things have surfaced....the Qumran...the maccabees removed from the reformed canon....why? Because they confirm many Danielic porphecies which were past transpired mistaken for future events...books are named in the Bible, Paul referenced the holy scriptures...did he intend to specify that it was the Constantinian canon? Of course he didn't. My educated guess, pick up all the texts that were dumped by the Pharisiacal sect after the fall of Jerusalem...you are aware that the Masoretic has altered up to 100 prophetic scriptures all pertaining to Christ? You know why? Cuz He predicted their demise as an order. Their "world" ended.

On your second point...God excercised all His power in Christ.
He is the door. I agree with you. No one can usurp God's will, because His will is complete in Jesus. He exists only within the realm where sin cannot abide, and that is with His church, who are spotless with Christ's blood on it.

Last edited by sciotamicks; 06-07-2011 at 05:20 PM..

Old 06-07-2011, 05:12 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,769,045 times
Default What makes you believe you are right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No it does not mean ALL will be saved. Christ is the Savior for all, but His salvation becomes effective only for those who trust Him as their Savior and ask Him into their heart.
.......but you do believe all who get saved were saved, or will be saved by God? All who were born were born because of what God did. But , what? only certain ones will be saved? ......Maybe you are right but maybe you are wrong? One of us is wrong.......but Jesus convinced Thomas
to believe in the Resurrection. In fact many believed because of first hand knowledge. Jesus, scripture records, preached in Hell. Now that's a mystery. Not to the ones he preached to. When you consider that God can Save anyone and eternity is a long time. I say all things are possible with God. I see in current times and through history that many groups tried to write the final opinion on how things are. History proved them wrong. They thought God was leading them, but they were proved wrong. The Way.the Truth. and the Life. doesn't come in a box or bottle dished out my church or yours.. It is discovered by those who love it. Do we love our leaders or the truth.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Lie. I simply told you what you wrote.
Quote:
Lie. I made no threats.
Quote:
I have no anger, brother.
Quote:
Here is my post again, so you can read it again. I post it again, because your reply had very little, if anything to do with the post.
you post it again to repeat the lies.
Quote:
You seem to be saying we should ignore the Bible and just go with what is written in people's hearts?
Lie. I have never said to ignore the Bible.
Quote:
How about use both? We have the Holy Spirit in our hearts to teach us understand the scriptures, but if the message in your heart contradicts the teachings of the Bible, the there is a darn good chance that whatever there is written in your heart, was not written there by the Holy Spirit.
What was "written in our hearts" was written by God the Holy Spirit guides us to the truth or falsity by showing us what is written there. You have it exactly backwards. If what is in scripture contradicts what your heart tells you is love and truth . . . the scripture has been interpreted wrongly. If your teachers have to make up excuses for why what you know is evil must be good because God did it . . . your teachers are false teachers. What God has written in our hearts is truth and we need no man to teach us that truth. If you are sincere you know you have been indoctrinated wrongly by teachers who have created false precepts and doctrines to excuse what violates your sense of God's love for us all. The scriptures aren't wrong . . . your teachers' interpretations of them are! You have been lied to and misled since before the 2nd century.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:33 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Moderator cut: warning

Hey, can we please stop calling each other names, and arguing off topic personal opinions about each other, and get on with the op??

Else this one will be closed.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
How do they know Christ and what he said in the scriptures and his full word of God if one does not read the very words he said.?
You are lying by pretending we do not read the Bible. We just know it is NOT the Word of God . . . that is Jesus Christ. The scriptures tell us ABOUT the Word of God.
Quote:
What could be written in their hearts. The Holy Spirit writes the word of God in their hearts.
God has written in our hearts . . . the Holy Spirit helps us to find it.
Quote:
The word of God is Jesus.The word of God is God.
!00% CORRECT!!! We agree.
Quote:
The word of God is the scriptures whether it be the bible or a scroll or a slab of stone.
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! That is blasphemy and idolatry! The scriptures tell us ABOUT the Word of God Jesus Christ. The Ten Commandments were the "training wheels" law of the old covenant and have been expanded to include far more prohibitions by the two commandments of Christ . . . "love God and each other."

Old 06-07-2011, 07:39 PM

23,020 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Quote:
You are lying by pretending we do not read the Bible. We just know it is NOT the Word of God . . . that is Jesus Christ. The scriptures tell us ABOUT the Word of God. God has written in our hearts . . . the Holy Spirit helps us to find it. !00% CORRECT!!! We agree. ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! That is blasphemy and idolatry! The scriptures tell us ABOUT the Word of God Jesus Christ. The Ten Commandments were the "training wheels" law of the old covenant and have been expanded to include far more prohibitions by the two commandments of Christ . . . "love God and each other."
Why do you call someone a liar if they disagree with you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity