Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how do you view this passage?
saves ALL people without exception 14 37.84%
offeres salvation to all 21 56.76%
something else 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:23 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Back to the topic of 1 Tim 4:10,

Whenever I start to get frustrated at the seeming futility of our conversations sometimes, a thought always ends up making it's way to my mind. The thought of all people, all of humanity embracing each other in love, the thought that ALL PEOPLE will be INCLUDED. No-one will be excluded. I know that we will see each other as brothers and sisters and we will all be full of joy at the magnificence of how LOVE conquered all. Of how the darkness in me is fully conquered. How the darkness in others is fully conquered.

Though we see through the glass darkly now... though we do not see each other correctly, though we misunderstand each other now, it will not always be that way. What stands in the way of love, will eventually be gone. There will be no more shadows to stand in. All will be exposed, and it will be a relief. Like a heavy weight finally lifted....

Love will flow freely, finally, in each of us.
I long for the day.
Nice post, Sparrow.

I think all of us have a tendency to equate our beliefs with who we are. When someone doesn't agree with my beliefs, it can seem like a personal attack and tempt me to attack back. When I can keep in mind that other people are also struggling with the same feelings and may very well be giving into that temptation to protect themselves, it usually helps me to relax and let it go.

When I begin to feel a certain heaviness in myself as I partcipate here, I usually find that it's because I've slipped into that self-protection mode myself, and in that case, I know I'm contributing to the darkness and heaviness that others may be feeling. That isn't something I want to be doing.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:29 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,216,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Nice post, Sparrow.

I think all of us have a tendency to equate our beliefs with who we are. When someone doesn't agree with my beliefs, it can seem like a personal attack and tempt me to attack back. When I can keep in mind that other people are also struggling with the same feelings and may very well be giving into that temptation to protect themselves, it usually helps me to relax and let it go.

When I begin to feel a certain heaviness in myself as I partcipate here, I usually find that it's because I've slipped into that self-protection mode myself, and in that case, I know I'm contributing to the darkness and heaviness that others may be feeling. That isn't something I want to be doing.
FYI...This is your egoic self (the one Jesus told us to deny)...it always has to defend itself and be right.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:35 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Contradictory to phillipians.
Jesus has saved the whole world by dieing on the cross. It has been paid for everyone. Yet there are some who reject him and this is why they choose not to be in the Kingdom.
Yes Jesus became the savior of the WHOLE WORLD.. YET NOT EVERYONE REPENTS AND MAKES JESUS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR... TWISTING the word of God .

I know what I said and the words of God you twist also. Nothing new. If you twist God's word you will twist mine as well.

You are not here to learn of God's word. You are here to twist it and believe a perverted message that you have invented or learned by some mere moral who inflates himself above God's written word.

Not everyone gets into the kingdom.Depart from me I never knew you will be said to all who pervert the TRUE WORD OF GOD.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:39 AM

63,841 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You set yourself up as god.. you must realize that. You take your own thoughts and say , yes, that feels right..
What is worse is that you abandon your responsibility to discern between good and evil and blindly accept what our ignorant ancient ancestors believed without sincerely using what God has "written in our hearts." Mindless robotic adherence to words "written in ink" does not edify or elevate our souls . . . it stagnates them at the level of primitive savages.
Quote:
God can do what he wants. His word is truth and God will do with what he wants. Your pie in the sky god is what YOU have made him.....of how often I have heard.. God wouldn't do that! Well if you read your Bible you will full well know that God is the ultimate judge of what is done here. Your thoughts on your own will not pass what God has written. Either you accept the full word or he will caste you out and say I never knew you.
I am thoroughly familiar with the passages you distort for your own purposes. Jesus IS the ONLY Word of God and NOWHERE does Jesus say "either you accept the full scriptures." He talks about ACTS not scriptures when he says " Depart from me . . . I never knew you ."

No one disputes God's sovereignty . . . but Christ has revealed what Love is and God IS Love. From 1 Cor 13 we can discern what a loving God would or would not do. It is called spiritually maturing and exercising sound judgment to properly divide the scriptures. Our ignorant savage ancestors (pre-Christ) had no such guidance.
Quote:
God sent HIS SON to be the way the truth and the life. It is not by what you believe or anyone else. It is what God has told us and what he has done and will do.
We do not disagree about Jesus . . . just the anti-Christ beliefs you hold about God.
Quote:
You caste off God's word as if you know more.
We do not cast off God's Word . . .we embrace it fully . . . unlike you who corrupt Christ's message. You incorrectly identify God-inspired scriptures with God's Word who is Jesus Christ, period.
Quote:
Let's see, I do know of an angel who did the same. He wound up caste OUT OF HEAVEN. If you continue making up your own god or your own beliefs as God it is plain what the word says. God is love yet he do not tolerate those who deny his word.
Follow your own advice . . . either follow God's Word Jesus Christ or follow the OT descriptions of Jehovah . . . they are complete opposites. I choose Christ.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:41 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
FYI...This is your egoic self (the one Jesus told us to deny)...it always has to defend itself and be right.
I'm aware of that term and I have no problem with it, but it seems to offend some people on this forum, so I avoid using it. In biblical terms, it'd be the "old man". As I've heard it said, the old man may have been "drowned" in "baptism", but he sure has a knack of floating to the surface at the most inopportune times.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:41 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,950,587 times
Quote:
Jesus has saved the whole world by dieing on the cross. It has been paid for everyone. Yet there are some who reject him and this is why they choose not to be in the Kingdom.
Yes Jesus became the savior of the WHOLE WORLD.. YET NOT EVERYONE REPENTS AND MAKES JESUS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR... TWISTING the word of God .

I know what I said and the words of God you twist also. Nothing new. If you twist God's word you will twist mine as well.

You are not here to learn of God's word. You are here to twist it and believe a perverted message that you have invented or learned by some mere moral who inflates himself above God's written word.

Not everyone gets into the kingdom.Depart from me I never knew you will be said to all who pervert the TRUE WORD OF GOD.

Nice Rant, but Philippians says all will accept the gift, which is contradictory to what you said. Your assertions are meaningless because you don't know me and you have no idea what your talking about.

So rant away.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:46 AM

63,841 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
You keep saying this in your mistaken belief that ancient OT scriptures are God's Word . . . instead of Jesus Christ. This is a major mistake. So either support the bold statement with Christ's Word or stop saying it.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:50 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Back to the topic of 1 Tim 4:10,

Whenever I start to get frustrated at the seeming futility of our conversations sometimes, a thought always ends up making it's way to my mind. The thought of all people, all of humanity embracing each other in love, the thought that ALL PEOPLE will be INCLUDED. No-one will be excluded. I know that we will see each other as brothers and sisters and we will all be full of joy at the magnificence of how LOVE conquered all. Of how the darkness in me is fully conquered. How the darkness in others is fully conquered.

Though we see through the glass darkly now... though we do not see each other correctly, though we misunderstand each other now, it will not always be that way. What stands in the way of love, will eventually be gone. There will be no more shadows to stand in. All will be exposed, and it will be a relief. Like a heavy weight finally lifted....

Love will flow freely, finally, in each of us.
I long for the day.
If you truly longed for God you would long for his word for God is his Word. We know His love through His word.

You have made the feelings in yourself your god. You don't even accept the word as God so you will be stuck in your feelings and not in what Christ said. HIS WORD which lives and is the true bread of life ,peace and understanding.

How do you minister to those who are in dire trouble? Do you float around in your own self fulfillment without any burden for those who are lost? Are you concious of those who need Jesus ? Or do you say,they are all saved and me too. Oh how blissful!

This is not Christ's message to us. Christ said to seek and save that which is lost. Do you deny that we have a calling to seek and save them here ?

Old 06-06-2011, 11:53 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,216,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I'm aware of that term and I have no problem with it, but it seems to offend some people on this forum, so I avoid using it. In biblical terms, it'd be the "old man". As I've heard it said, the old man may have been "drowned" in "baptism", but he sure has a knack of floating to the surface at the most inopportune times.
Yeah...I know what you mean...some think it is a little too "New Agey" even though it is exactly the same in terms of the carnal man or the old man. I personally don't get hung up on words but try to make what I say applicable to EVERYONE whether they be believers or not.

That's only because the "baptism" has to be done from WITHIN by dying to self (carnal man/old man/egoic self)...washing on the outside doesn't make one clean on the inside.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:54 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,950,587 times
Quote:

What people who present this charge do not realize is that you do not hold yourself accountable in the respect that YOU will likely be one that hears these words. So if your doctrinal position is that once you hear these words it is all over, then it is as likely that it will be all over for you as it will be for me.

Your only defense is to rant and carry on at others all the while believing your doing all those things in Jesus name. I am sure you will say the same thing to Jesus too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity