Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how do you view this passage?
saves ALL people without exception 14 37.84%
offeres salvation to all 21 56.76%
something else 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 01:53 PM

672 posts, read 665,600 times

Advertisements

sci

Quote:
The directed audience is the bride, first century saints...i.e. foolish galatians...and church of Ephesus....got any more?

The audience is the seed of Abraham, which did not begin in the first century. Gal 3:29

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Isaac was an Heir of the promise of Abraham's seed. Abraham's seed was to be in all generations Gen 17:

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

6And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

7And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

John the baptist was part of the bride, for He heard and acknowledged the Bridegroom's voice Jn 3:29

He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

And technically, John the Baptist as well as the disciples were under the Old Covenant because Jesus had not yet died.

Jesus refers to them [disciples] as the bride, if He is the Bridegroom as per Matt 9:15

And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.

So the bride, the church, the body of Christ, the seed of Abraham existed before the establishment of the New Covenant.

So again, you are in error and I am not going to pursue this line of argument on this thread, but do know, you are wrong.

Last edited by savedbysovereigngrace; 06-06-2011 at 03:15 PM..

Old 06-06-2011, 02:00 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
[quote=Finn_Jarber;19469560]They want you to believe that Jesus talks directly to them, and they relay the message to others, and that message overrides whatever the Bible says. If their message was in sync with the Bible, it could be believable, but since it contradicts the scriptures, it is hard to believe it. I mean, do they really want people to to abandon the Bible and believe "Mystic" instead?

I wish they understood this problem, but they don't see it, and they get angry when people do not believe them.[/quote

I don't think I would do that. If we have the word of God here and his HOLY SPIRIT talks to us through his word , how else can we know him.. the word is rich through his spirit. We can know him so very well through his word and the Holy Spirit is our teacher. To contact God through someone else could lead to all kinds of spirits. I wouldn't do that . We must test the spirits to line up with God's word.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:08 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,216,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova;19471169
I don't think I would do that. If we have the word of God here and his HOLY SPIRIT talks to us through his word , [B
how else can we know him.[/b]. the word is rich through his spirit. We can know him so very well through his word and the Holy Spirit is our teacher. To contact God through someone else could lead to all kinds of spirits. I wouldn't do that . We must test the spirits to line up with God's word.
By the SPIRIT that DWELLS WITHIN US....the one Jesus expressly said WOULD GUIDE US INTO ALL TRUTH. This is not a hard concept and for the life of me I can't understand why you and others just don't get it.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:18 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They want you to believe that Jesus talks directly to them, and they relay the message to others, and that message overrides whatever the Bible says. If their message was in sync with the Bible, it could be believable, but since it contradicts the scriptures, it is hard to believe it. I mean, do they really want people to to abandon the Bible and believe "Mystic" instead?

I wish they understood this problem, but they don't see it, and they get angry when people do not believe them.
You have to stop lying and misrepresenting us, Finn . . . it is very tiresome. God is watching and He knows your heart. You cannot lie for God (that is for Muslims). Nothing I profess "overrides" what the Bible says . . . but it certainly contradicts your OT beliefs about God's nature and motives. Christ came to eliminate the OT veil of ignorance about God and I believe HIM! Nobody is calling for abandoning the Bible . . . more extreme lies (doesn't it bother you even a little to lie so much, Finn?). I am here to witness about the God I know and love. No one has to believe me, Finn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I don't think I would do that. If we have the word of God here and his HOLY SPIRIT talks to us through his word , how else can we know him.. the word is rich through his spirit. We can know him so very well through his word and the Holy Spirit is our teacher. To contact God through someone else could lead to all kinds of spirits. I wouldn't do that . We must test the spirits to line up with God's word.
There is no way the Holy Spirit has anything to do with your belief that God could ever do or command the things He is accused of in the OT . . . and certainly nothing to do with your belief in ET!! THAT is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit . . . and that is a major problem.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 06-06-2011 at 02:28 PM..

Old 06-06-2011, 02:18 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,438,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
sci

The audience is the seed of Abraham, which did not begin in the first century. Gal 3:29

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Isaac was an Heir of the promise of Abraham's seed. Abraham's seed was to be in all generations Gen 17:

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

6And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

John the baptist was part of the bride, for He heard and acknowledged the Bridegroom's voice Jn 3:29

He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

And technically, John the Baptist as well as the disciples were under the Old Covenant because Jesus had not yet died.

Jesus refers to them [disciples] as the bride, if He is the Bridegroom as per Matt 9:15

And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.

So the bride, the church, the body of Christ, the seed of Abraham existed before the establishment of the New Covenant.

So again, you are in error and I am not going to pursue this line of argument on this thread, but do know, you are wrong.
LOL...carry on your wayward. Read Gen 48:19. I never said the 1st century church were the beginnings of the seed of Abraham...thank you for speaking for me....is this how you debate? Yell and scream foul then provide no substantial evidence to support your claims, then charge others with words they never said?

Secondly, the bride, of the old Covenat was Israel of the flesh, those who married God on Mount Sinai..now the bride of the New Covenant, was Israel of faith, the heirs to the promise, by the seed of Abraham....I could go all day with you, but frankly, I don't have much time. But don't worry, we will cross paths again. I am sure of that....and you will either concede, or display a plethora of scriptural gynamstics and presuppositioins that simply, capsize your already sinking ship. I have dealt with your promise a thousand times if not more...believe me, you will lose this debate...they always do....still waiting for you to prove to me that you have salvation.....I am patient....Blessings to you.....

Old 06-06-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
By the SPIRIT that DWELLS WITHIN US....the one Jesus expressly said WOULD GUIDE US INTO ALL TRUTH. This is not a hard concept and for the life of me I can't understand why you and others just don't get it.
If you had the Holy Spirit it WOULD NOT TELL YOU TO DENY GOD'S WORD. The Holy Spirit was present when it was written. The word is HOLY and it is God. So why do you deny the whole word of God?

Old 06-06-2011, 02:50 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,950,587 times
Quote:
If you had the Holy Spirit it WOULD NOT TELL YOU TO DENY GOD'S WORD. The Holy Spirit was present when it was written. The word is HOLY and it is God. So why do you deny the whole word of God?
From what I gather, Chrstygirl is not denying Gods word, it is a denial that your interpretation of it is correct. Disagreeing with you is not necessarily denying God, rejecting God or his words, it is saying that no one has any true obligation to believe what you say it means.

Someone saying they have the holy spirit is meaningless, anyone can say it, many say that they have the holy spirit that would disagree with you, so it comes down to the battle of the fallacies.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have to stop lying and misrepresenting us, Finn . . . it is very tiresome. God is watching and He knows your heart. You cannot lie for God (that is for Muslims). Nothing I profess "overrides" what the Bible says . . . but it certainly contradicts your OT beliefs about God's nature and motives. Christ came to eliminate the OT veil of ignorance about God and I believe HIM! Nobody is calling for abandoning the Bible . . . more extreme lies (doesn't it bother you even a little to lie so much, Finn?). I am here to witness about the God I know and love. No one has to believe me, Finn.There is no way the Holy Spirit has anything to do with your belief that God could ever do or command the things He is accused of in the OT . . . and certainly nothing to do with your belief in ET!! THAT is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit . . . and that is a major problem.
So what is your belief of the God in the old testament? Was he God? Did he deal with his people harshly because of their sins against him? Did he send his son to redeem us?

Do you know that the old testament points to Christ? Do you know that Jesus fulfills the law. The law is not dead. It is still here to those who do not recieve Christ. They are under law and the believers are under grace when they accept Christ. God's righteousness is not dead. We have a savior through the God of the old testament.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:00 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
From what I gather, Chrstygirl is not denying Gods word, it is a denial that your interpretation of it is correct. Disagreeing with you is not necessarily denying God, rejecting God or his words, it is saying that no one has any true obligation to believe what you say it means.

Someone saying they have the holy spirit is meaningless, anyone can say it, many say that they have the holy spirit that would disagree with you, so it comes down to the battle of the fallacies.
Well said, Phaze. Unfortunately, these fundies DO BELIEVE that denying what THEY say is God's Word is denying God. Twinspin has even proudly proclaimed it outright in this forum! They believe there is only one way to read the English words and only one interpretation to take from them. Of course the inspirations were not recorded in English and not in our generation or culture . . . but that doesn't seem to bother them much. There is no reasoning with such intransigence and ignorance.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post

To deny God of the old testament is to deny God.My beliefs line up with the word of God. I believe the WHOLE WORD OF GOD. OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT GOD. THEY ARE ONE!

If you deny the old testament God as God you do not have the spirit of God in you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity