Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how do you view this passage?
saves ALL people without exception 14 37.84%
offeres salvation to all 21 56.76%
something else 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 03:36 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
So what is your belief of the God in the old testament? Was he God?
Of course . . . God is God is God. The descriptions of Him and His motives are ignorant misunderstandings of His inspirations by primitive minds.
Quote:
Did he deal with his people harshly because of their sins against him?
No. Their sins (mistakes and failures to follow His instructions about righteousness in the scriptures) produced all their problems . . . along with natural disasters and blaming God for their wickedness.
Quote:
Did he send his son to redeem us?
Do you know that the old testament points to Christ? Do you know that Jesus fulfills the law.
Yes . . . He sent His son to redeem His promise in the OT prophesies to send a messenger (Messiah) to teach us about God and the Way to eternal Life with God. The OT also provides the necessary validations of Jesus as the Son of God. Jesus fulfilled those validations and still does.
Quote:
The law is not dead. It is still here to those who do not recieve Christ. They are under law and the believers are under grace when they accept Christ. God's righteousness is not dead.
The law is training wheels, period. If you follow Christ's commands to "love God and each other" . . . you will have far more than ten things to worry about! They cover far more ground. Unloving acts abound and ALL would be violations of Christ's commands to Love. You accept Christ by accepting His commands and acting on them in your daily life . . . whether or not you even know who Christ is.
Quote:
We have a savior through the God of the old testament.
We have a Savior in Christ, period . . . and it applies to us ALL. You do not properly divide the scriptures so your understanding of our loving God is corrupted by the veil of ignorance over the reading of the OT. The OT instructs us in righteousness, prepares us for Christ's coming, provides validation of Him and gives us hope of eternal life with God. It does NOT properly reveal the mind of God. ONLY the NT and the "mind of Christ" reveals the True Nature of God as our loving Father. Properly understanding God as revealed by Jesus does NOT eliminate concern over "reaping what we sow" . . . but it eliminates the concern over salvation. It is the evil concepts of ET and Annihilation that are corruptions of the Gospel which is entirely Good News!

Old 06-06-2011, 03:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
The paper and ink is the WORD OF GOD. IT IS CALLED THE HOLY BIBLE!

You believe it is a collection of writings.. very degrading and denying the power of the word and the power of God with his relationship with his people.

Even Jesus said. How long must I suffer with you. You have no understanding or respect for the Word of God.

I do not want others to fall for this message. It is perversion of the true God. Saying not to make the bible an idol as if the Word of God is not God.
You must have been talking to Mystic, because I believe the Bible is 100% the word of God since its authors were inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:16 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,438,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
sci:

More error, The children of the flesh, are not the children of God. Rom 9:8

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The Israel according to the sinai covenant, were no more married to God[Spiritually], of which whom Christ is BTW, than Ishmael and his descendants were, in fact, they are liken as the same according to the inspired writer paul. Gal 4:

22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

30Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

The Heirs are the True Bride[Joint Heirs with Christ their Husband], it never was Israel under the Old Covenant, Abraham's Israel under the Old Covenant according to the flesh only, Have never been the Children of God, not ever.
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Gen 48 Eze 37 Hos 2 Rom 11
Obviously you don't know your scripture. If it wasn't for the unificatin of the north and southern tribes under Christ, you, would not have your salvation, that you still can't prove you have, since according to you, Christ has not yet come to bring it in.

Read closely:

Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth [is] mine:...and it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that [was] in the camp trembled. And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount. And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly. And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder, Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice.

Now follow:

And cried with a loud voice, as [when] a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices. And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.....But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

[Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Now follow:

Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Again..:

For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles(nations) be come in.

Backing up:

And his father refused, and said, I know [it], my son, I know [it]: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.

Forward:

Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. ....Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and [for] all the house of Israel his companions: And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which [is] in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, [even] with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

Now this is very important:

And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people cf. Isa 51 and Rev 21.

Finally:

God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying...........Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Now read very very closely:

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob....

and finally finally:

Remember Hosea?
The type husband for God, and his wife...the TYPE wife for Israel?

And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.

Your hermeneutics are seriously lacking...I have much, much more.

Because of the ELECT in Israel, you have your salvation that Christ brought. If it wasn't for God reuniting the 12 tribes...FLESH SEED....under the banner of faith in Christ, you would not have your salvation. Christ paid for sin on Calvary. Christ came for His first century chaste bride and brought salvation when the temple fell. Now all can benefit from this.

Soon...at hand...hmmmm..

Old 06-06-2011, 04:21 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,216,172 times
Quote:
If you had the Holy Spirit it WOULD NOT TELL YOU TO DENY GOD'S WORD. The Holy Spirit was present when it was written. The word is HOLY and it is God. So why do you deny the whole word of God?
Please show us all where I stated that "I deny the whole word of God"??????????

I'll be waiting right here for that.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:23 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,216,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
From what I gather, Chrstygirl is not denying Gods word, it is a denial that your interpretation of it is correct. Disagreeing with you is not necessarily denying God, rejecting God or his words, it is saying that no one has any true obligation to believe what you say it means.

Someone saying they have the holy spirit is meaningless, anyone can say it, many say that they have the holy spirit that would disagree with you, so it comes down to the battle of the fallacies.
EXACTLY!!!! Thanks Phaze...my Knight in Shining Armor coming to my rescue...

Old 06-06-2011, 05:00 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The bible is simply a collection of writings, just because a person chooses to focus upon JESUS or even what JESUS Represents (LOVE) does not mean that they must conform to your religious perspective.

And again, simply produce the scripture from your own studies that demonstrates that belief in a collection of writings is necessary for one to have the spirit of God in them.

It is you who are making a judgment about the spiritual character of someone else, a judgment I have shown that you cannot make with any merit at all.

You cannot separate Jesus and the Word. God created through the Word. The Word will never pass away. The Word is God and the Word is spirit and truth.

It is plain. We believe through the Word. If one is told of the gospel of Jesus it is the Word. If one believes reading the HOLY BIBLE it is the Word.

The words of a believer are passed to others to become the children of God.

It is not through any other means we know Christ. God spoke and there was light.

It is not through feelings we find God. Feeling are sensual and change as the direction of the wind. Love is NOT A FEELING.

IT IS A COMMITMENT FROM THE HEART. Just as God is I AM . A higher than the temporal things of today.

If that were so , many would fall away because feelings change. It is a belief system that is grounded in the Word of God. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God.

The Word of God is plain.

Romans10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

So faith comes from hearing the message, and the message that is heard is what Christ spoke.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:23 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
EXACTLY!!!! Thanks Phaze...my Knight in Shining Armor coming to my rescue...
I can see what your unbeliefs are by your words. Words are very important and many can discern what is said by the words. I see much unbelief of what Christ spoke of on this, such as hell for one, or all are saved without redemption.

Your beliefs say that Jesus is a liar in his word to us. These are false spirits you have accepted as truth regarding the word.
when Jesus said there is a hell and said we had to repent and be born of the spirit and continue in his word and make him our lord and savior.
We must test the spirits to see if they are from God. Satan spoke the word of God to his own benefit.

We speak the word to bring them to Christ through his word of salvation and redemption.

God made it so that we have his written word that many can be brought into the fold from the written word. It is HOLY!

Old 06-06-2011, 05:30 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Please show us all where I stated that "I deny the whole word of God"??????????

I'll be waiting right here for that.
The Bible can't be thought of as incomplete or broken. The Bible is a delicate balance which can not be compromised. People who do argue otherwise, are usually holding that position because they do hold positions that are outside the truth.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The Bible can't be thought of as incomplete or broken. The Bible is a delicate balance which can not be compromised. People who do argue otherwise, are usually holding that position because they do hold positions that are outside the truth.
twin...you know this all depends on what angle you are giving credence to...the canon is by far a man made compilation...now this doesn't negate that what is in there is God's approved Word, however, there are many more other works apart from it that were considered very holy to the disciples, apostles, pre nicene etc...we can't just landlock ourselves in tradition post apostolic...

Old 06-06-2011, 06:53 PM

Back to topic...

Consider Romans 12. Paul said that all men have spiritual gifts. Do all men have them? Elsewhere we see them imparted by the laying on of hands. Paul also told Timothy that that is how he got his. So who are these "all men?"

Romans 1:11 gives that answer. Nobody in Rome has them until Paul gets to Rome and lays hands on them. That is, "all men" means nobody yet and only a select few at some point in the future.

Accordingly, 1 Tim. 2:1, 4, and possibly 8 refer to the same context as I Tim. 4:9-11. But where does Paul set the context? I see 4 possible solutions.

Is it 1 Tim. 2:1-2? If so, then 1 Tim. 4:9-11 only discusses people in authority. As much as we don't like it, this must be seriously considered.

Or does Paul mean all men except those he condemned in 1 Tim. 1? That limits "all men" to all "good" men, especially those who believe.

Or does Paul mean all men including those in 1 Tim. 1?

Or is Paul making reference to some private conversation he previously had with Timothy? If that's the case, then "all men" will have to be found and defined in some other letter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity