Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 05:04 PM

874 posts, read 1,650,191 times

Advertisements

Don't they also believe that there's a limit to how many people can be saved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 05:32 PM

28,104 posts, read 30,010,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
He predicted several times that Christ would return and he didn't. That guy sounds like the Harold Camping of the 19th Century.
You don't know what you're talking about, Theo. If you're going to keep making statements like this, at least provide us with some evidence. (Good luck with that.)

Old 12-23-2011, 09:18 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,901,232 times
If Paradise only has Jehovah's Witnesses, won't it be a hoot when they go around knocking on doors? There will be no one to convert.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:06 AM

267 posts, read 297,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
Don't they also believe that there's a limit to how many people can be saved?
This is untrue, as is so much of the "information" you hear about Jehovah's Witnesses on the internet. The only "limitation" on salvation is in the number of individual's making the choice.

(Matthew 7:13-14) “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:36 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,544,676 times
MT 22:42 "Saying, What think you of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
MT 22:43 He said unto them, How then does David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
MT 22:44 The Lord said unto my Lord,You sit on my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool?
MT 22:45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?"

How is that people can not believe that God can create for Himself a body and come into the world and call Himself a Son because of the limits of the body but in perfect Communion with the omnipresence of the Father? A distinct person hood on the earth but same in nature [God] in the Spirit. He did this in order to speak to the world as a prophet, pray for it as a Priest, allow His death at the hands of sinful man as a Lamb in all humility rather than destroy it in an instant. All was done to wait patiently for the ungodly to repent and receive of His divinity rather tham final judgement.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
MT 22:42 "Saying, What think you of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
MT 22:43 He said unto them, How then does David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
MT 22:44 The Lord said unto my Lord,You sit on my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool?
MT 22:45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?"

How is that people can not believe that God can create for Himself a body and come into the world and call Himself a Son because of the limits of the body but in perfect Communion with the omnipresence of the Father? A distinct person hood on the earth but same in nature [God] in the Spirit. He did this in order to speak to the world as a prophet, pray for it as a Priest, allow His death at the hands of sinful man as a Lamb in all humility rather than destroy it in an instant. All was done to wait patiently for the ungodly to repent and receive of His divinity rather tham final judgement.
People can earnestly believe anything that they can imagine. When you have men working for hundred of years to interweave various and asundry philosophies and beleifs into a complex set of ideas, which in the end can't really be explained, then you have the mystery of the trinity doctrine. Everyone loves a mystery.

On the other hand you have people that believe the Bible, and the Bible alone, provides the information to pattern their beliefs after. These are the ones for which there is no mystery because the Bible has provided the clear message.

The only Christians that rely on the Bible alone and have filtered out the doctrines of men that have been grafted onto Christian beliefs throughout history are the Jehovah's Witnesses.

This is why they identify themselves as the only true worshipers of God.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:04 PM

14 posts, read 12,183 times
Default Not everyone will go to heaven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Using their own publication You Can Live Forever in Paradise © 1982, ©1989, you can read a short passage. It says on page 190 under the heading ONE TRUE RELIGION. " It is only logical that there would be one true religion. This is in harmony with the fact that the true God is a God, 'not of disorder, but of peace.' (1Corintians 14:33) The Bible says that actually there is only 'one faith.' (Ephesians 4:5) Who, then are the ones who form the body of true worshipers today? We do not hesitate to say that they are Jehovah's Witnesses."

Do you agree with that statement that only Jehovah's Witnesses are true worshipers of God?
Only 144,000 will go to paradise and the rest will live on earth (JW doctrine)

Old 12-24-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpeter1970 View Post
Only 144,000 will go to paradise and the rest will live on earth (JW doctrine)
As is usual, the information people provide about what Jehovah's Witnesses believe is woefully inaccurate.

And, it is not JW "doctrine", it is what the Bible teaches. i.e. Rev 14:1-3

Old 12-24-2011, 11:50 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,431,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWW1962 View Post
As is usual, the information people provide about what Jehovah's Witnesses believe is woefully inaccurate.

You are right, that's why when I quote anything from the JWs, I make sure I am quoting it ACCURATELY out of their very own publications, so that no one says that I am not being accurate.

The Jws do the same thing about what the church teaches or believes, and they seem to clump all denominations into one church as if all churches believe and teach the same doctrines, which is inaccurate. Christianity has become so divided that we all are missing the main mark as to why we are Christians in the first place. ISN'T IT SUPPOSED TO BE ALL ABOUT JESUS AND WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR ALL OF US regardless of who or where you worship? Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, no man can come to the Father but by Him. He didn't say that in order to get to the Father that your ticket into His kingdom is via being a Baptist, Catholic, Jehovah's Witness, Methodist, Mormon, or 7th Day Adventist etc. And man does the list continue to grow as many non-denomination churches are popping up every where. My prayers is for God to continue to have mercy on each and everyone of us so that we can truly be about His business and not be so divisive or things that have absolutely nothing to do with our salvation. With that said, MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:20 AM

14 posts, read 12,183 times
Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWW1962 View Post

Which Bible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity