Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 11:35 AM

63,939 posts, read 40,210,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are basically saying all paths lead to salvation, but that is certainly not what Jesus taught.
No . . . the only way is Christ's way but that is available to us ALL within our consciousness. When we accept His promptings and act on them we are following Christ's commands to "love God and each other" using what God has "written in our hearts." You need to believe and have faith that Christ is ALIVE, Finn . . . He abides with us ALL. He is inescapable. It is only our stubborn will and selfishness that prevents us from accepting His guidance in everything we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 11:43 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . the only way is Christ's way but that is available to us ALL within our consciousness. When we accept His promptings and act on them we are following Christ's commands to "love God and each other" using what God has "written in our hearts." You need to believe and have faith that Christ is ALIVE, Finn . . . He abides with us ALL. He is inescapable. It is only our stubborn will and selfishness that prevents us from accepting His guidance in everything we do.
"Available" is the key word there. Yes, the salvation is available to all. Maybe you are starting to see the light.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,512,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
God must hate an awful lot of His children for no good reason. Why do you think He'd condemn people who never even had a chance? I'm just trying to get my mind around this concept.
Why is it so hard for you to wrap your mind and believe with your eyes and listen to what Jesus revealed in the Bible ? Read it for yourself: John 8:42-44
Jesus said to them, “.... Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire." John 8:42-44
God has a very good reason ..... God revealed it:
"without faith it is impossible to please God"

"Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law"

"That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

Why is Jesus' revelation not clear to you? .... It's clear to me.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:52 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,544,425 times
Quote:
"Available" is the key word there. Yes, the salvation is available to all. Maybe you are starting to see the light.
There's only one path. It expands and contracts with every decision we make. You WILL eventually reach the same destination. You just shouldn't have to die first. Jesus leads you down the narrowest point so that you reach the goal while living. He taught people to love one another.

My two cents: all are saved some just have to die first to realize it.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
There's only one path. It expands and contracts with every decision we make. You WILL eventually reach the same destination. You just shouldn't have to die first. Jesus leads you down the narrowest point so that you reach the goal while living. He taught people to love one another.

That's your two cents for sure, as Jesus didn't speak of such theories. He said there is the narrow path, which leads to life, and the board road, which leads to destruction.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:48 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,956,089 times
I attended a church once, where a guest speaker was present. He was trying to raise money for a ministry overseas to witness to those who haven't heard so as to potentially save them from hell.

What steps are being taken to reach the unborn in case they die before they are born and are damned to eternal hell for never hearing the gospel of Jesus Christ? I mean it is clear as a bell to some (that might be the bell for meds, but who knows) that those who have not heard are damned for eternity, so what is anyone doing to reach the unborn for Christ?

Old 12-07-2011, 02:31 PM

63,939 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

Quote:
That's your two cents for sure, as Jesus didn't speak of such theories. He said there is the narrow path, which leads to life, and the board road, which leads to destruction.
Huh??? You are joking, right Finn?
Moderator cut: orphaned post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You know, you have a point, loving one another may not have anything to do with Christianity at all.
Ah Phaze and Kat . . . it can be so depressing hearing the views of so many who seem to have not heard Christ over the "precepts and doctrines of men."

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-07-2011 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: that quote has been deleted from a post

Old 12-07-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Huh??? You are joking, right Finn?
No, and neither was Jesus.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:50 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,843,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Romans 1:20 states the following:

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse..."

This passage is frequently quoted by people who believe that everyone who has ever lived has had a fair chance to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ and to accept Him as their Savior. I don't see that verse as saying this at all. To me, it's one thing to acknowledge a Creator, and something else entirely to recognize that Jesus Christ was sent to earth to atone for our sins and to grant us eternal life. I believe there are billions of people who died without ever hearing of Jesus Christ. To begin with, it took time for Christianity to spread to all of the populated nations of the world. Undoubtedly, hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people lived their lives without ever having heard the Christian gospel taught, realizing that they could be forgiven of their sins and that they could live again after they'd died. Even today, billions live in countries where they are not free to even study Christianity, and in some of these places, children are actually indoctrinated against Christianity from an early age. For this reason, I believe it's completely unrealistic to assume that Romans 1:20 means what many people say it does.

The question was asked of me on another thread, "I read that mormons believe that those who never heard the gospel get a second chance after death when they are in "spirit prison."

I'll respond to that question shortly, but I thought it would be interesting to see what everybody else thinks. For obvious reasons, I am asking this question of my fellow Christians. What do you think happens to people who die without ever hearing the gospel of Jesus Christ? How are they to accept something they have never been taught?
It is for God to decide just as it is for God to reach out. Remember God is always knocking on the door of ones soul, all we have to do is open it and welcome Him inside. Our ways are not the ways of God and neither is His ways our ways. At judgement He will reveal just how many times He put someone in our lives and we rejected His gospel.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:08 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,392,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
It is for God to decide just as it is for God to reach out. Remember God is always knocking on the door of ones soul, all we have to do is open it and welcome Him inside. Our ways are not the ways of God and neither is His ways our ways. At judgement He will reveal just how many times He put someone in our lives and we rejected His gospel.
Good post.

God tells us in His Word that those who reject Him with their disbelief will be eternally condemned.

Our God is a just God, and I do not think that He will condemn those who never had a chance (unborn children, little children, mentally challenged...) to know about Him and reject Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity