Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2016, 06:52 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So that means everyone has had a homosexual though at one time or another,but the difference is that homosexuals committed the homosexual act?

What i am asking is that having a gay thought does not make you gay?
Reminds me of when my older sister and I were discussing this topic back in my dark years as a fundamentalist, self-righteously confirming to each other how sinful homosexuality is. And she said the same thing, essentially. She said, "We've all had those thoughts. I had a huge crush on my best friend all through highschool and I could easily have gone that way. Any of us could. That doesn't make it right."

I was flabbergasted. I had never, ever in my life had a crush on a girl or any thoughts of wanting to be with a girl. I was as boy crazy as they come. I didn't have the heart to tell her that. But, no, we don't all have same sex attraction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 07:19 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
I was at my brothers house just under a week ago and his wife had made him a huge Rhubarb pie, for the rest of the week I was thinking about that Rhubarb pie. Yesterday my wife came back from the Farmers market with 2 lovely rhubarb pies she had bought from the English bakery stand(law of attraction). So yes having rhubarb thoughts makes me a rhubarb pie lover. The English baker is a very nice lady too, I'm sure she would make cakes for gays couples.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-05-2016 at 07:37 AM..

Old 06-05-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I was at my brothers house just under a week ago and his wife had made him a huge Rhubarb pie, for the rest of the week I was thinking about that Rhubarb pie. Yesterday my wife came back from the Farmers market with 2 lovely rhubarb pies she had bought from the English bakery stand(law of attraction). So yes having rhubarb thoughts makes me a rhubarb pie lover. The English baker is a very nice lady too, I'm sure you would make cakes for gays couples.
. I too must confess to being a rhubarb pie lover, but it's definitely the fault of my upbringing. My dad was an avid gardener and always grew lots of rhubarb so my mom could make her delicious rhubarb desserts.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:32 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
. I too must confess to being a rhubarb pie lover, but it's definitely the fault of my upbringing. My dad was an avid gardener and always grew lots of rhubarb so my mom could make her delicious rhubarb desserts.
Rhubarb and strawberry preference here.. there is a great bakery in Indiana on old US 27 near Lake George (just outside Angola)that has pies to die for...

Old 06-05-2016, 07:35 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,959,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Wrong. Sexual behavior does not dictate orientation. Most straight people are attracted to the opposite-sex at a young age, despite never having sex.
Definitely this I think. As a young teen I was always attracted to strong female characters and often fantasizes about them I guess you could say. Grew up to marry a man and have a daughter. I think I liked the idea of the fantasy but the reality didn't appeal to me as much. If that makes sense.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Rhubarb and strawberry preference here.. there is a great bakery in Indiana on old US 27 near Lake George (just outside Angola)that has pies to die for...
Rhubarb pie vs. rhubarb-strawberry pie. I could swing both ways, so I guess that makes me bi-.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:38 AM

23,139 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Sex outside of marriage is wrong, period....no matter what gender you are. The Bible does not recognize "orientation"....just sin. If you do the deed, you're sinning.
Jesus said that if you even lust after a woman, you are already guilty of the act.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleroo View Post
rhubarb pie vs. Rhubarb-strawberry pie. I could swing both ways, so i guess that makes me bi-.
lol!

Old 06-05-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Definitely this I think. As a young teen I was always attracted to strong female characters and often fantasizes about them I guess you could say. Grew up to marry a man and have a daughter. I think I liked the idea of the fantasy but the reality didn't appeal to me as much. If that makes sense.
Sure makes sense to me, and I think most people do the same in many ways but wont always admit to it.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:41 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Jesus said that if you even lust after a woman, you are already guilty of the act.
What if you lust after Rhubarb ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity