Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2023, 01:09 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
And people who it's about the wine and not what's on the label.

* name the reference
My favorite scene from Schitt's Creek. Brilliant writing.

Old 09-12-2023, 01:13 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
A person who is sexually attracted to a person of the same gender is accurately referred to as being 'homosexual.' Your aversion to labels is irrelevant.
My greatest aversion here is to your use of the word "gender"

No. This mindset concedes way too much because it views homosexual attraction as something legitimate or even equal in validity to heterosexual attraction, when it is in fact a disorder or distortion of human sexuality.

People who suffer from homosexual attraction need to understand that this defect (whether moral or biological, whether learned or innate) is problematic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2023, 01:18 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
It is a mockery and an affront to the dignity of the human person to reduce a person's entire identity to what they think about sexually.

It is anti-human and hateful. It's also simplistic, lazy, and unintelligent.
I don't believe that anyone has said that a person's ENTIRE identity is what they think about sexually. But a person's sexual orientation is certainly a part of their identity. And since the topic of discussion has to do with one's sexual thoughts then using terminology dealing with that part of their identity is entirely appropriate.

Old 09-12-2023, 01:23 PM

Quote:

No. This mindset concedes way too much because it views homosexual attraction as something legitimate or even equal in validity to heterosexual attraction, when it is in fact a disorder or distortion of human sexuality.

People who suffer from homosexual attraction need to understand that this defect (whether moral or biological, whether learned or innate) is problematic.
Oh, good grief. When I say gender I mean I mean male gender or female gender. And using the term 'gender' does not view homosexual attraction as legitimate.

Old 09-12-2023, 02:05 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Quote:
A person who is sexually attracted to a person of the same gender is accurately referred to as being 'homosexual.' Your aversion to labels is irrelevant.
Quote:

Quote:
Oh, good grief. When I say gender I mean I mean male gender or female gender. And using the term 'gender' does not view homosexual attraction as legitimate.
Sorry for the confusion; I did not mean that your use of the term "gender" legitimizes homosexual attraction, but rather that the labeling of a person as "homosexual" does so.

My first statement regarding my aversion to your use of the word "gender" was intended to be taken as a standalone side comment. Starting with the word "No", was my actual response to your post.

Old 09-12-2023, 02:22 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My favorite scene from Schitt's Creek. Brilliant writing.
David is one of my all-time favorite characters. That show had so many good characters.

If the two Mikes could put down their swords for a while here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdcmhvLaNUs&t=1s

Old 09-12-2023, 02:37 PM

Quote:
David is one of my all-time favorite characters. That show had so many good characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdcmhvLaNUs&t=1s
My sword? I simply stumbled onto this thread and I'm just saying that it's entirely proper to refer to a homosexual person as a homosexual. I'm entirely fine with leaving it at that and have much better things to do. I don't watch TV anymore so I don't know anything about your show. You people carry on.

Old 09-12-2023, 02:51 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Alright, see you later Mike.

Old 09-12-2023, 02:57 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:

Michael actually has an intellectual sword but EscalaMike is using a mythical one, IMO.

Old 09-12-2023, 05:22 PM

6,791 posts, read 2,899,606 times
Quote:
Alright. You've made similar remarks many times as to how 'disordered' homosexuality is ... which is, of course, a tenet of your RCC leanings. So, what does a person who suffers from this disorder need to do to remedy this disorder? Seek therapy? Pray the 'gay' away?

See, it's one thing to keep shaming gay folks with derogatory tags such as 'you folks are disordered' (i.e., you are suffering from an illness or condition that disrupts normal physical or mental functions) and another thing to offer kindly assistance re legitimate suggestions as to what these folks can do 'to be healed' from this 'affliction'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity