Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 11:02 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,528,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Gospel of Condemnation: "THEIR FEET ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD!"

"Walk in the Spirit; and you will not fulfill the lust of your own heart."
It's not surprising then that those who reject the truth seemingly sides with the person who asked this "Did God really say.. you shall not really die?"

Yeah, God really said:
those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just,
for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 11:47 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,387,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisWayne View Post
Of course they are not saved whom God say's cannot be saved. And it is so sad that so many people will call God a liar out of one side of their mouth by claiming His truth if not right and then claim to be serving God out of the other side of their mouth.
Nobody is actually calling God a liar and you know it. Both sides are buried in their understanding of the bible and neither of you believe they themselves are calling God a liar. The URs have developed their hermeneutical approach to the point where they have a pretty good counter for every argument I've seen ETers bring in, so this ridiculous idea that they are intenionally lying or using Satanic ideas is nothing but ultra fundamentalist paranoia and slander...which is also false witness...which is also against one of the 10 commandments.. I would choose your words more carefully.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:56 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,450,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It's not surprising then that those who reject the truth seemingly sides with the person who asked this "Did God really say.. you shall not really die?"

Yeah, God really said:
those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

Men devise what is right in their own eyes, until corrected.
Apparently, you see the word condemned from a heart of malice.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Nobody is actually calling God a liar and you know it. Both sides are buried in their understanding of the bible and neither of you believe they themselves are calling God a liar. The URs have developed their hermeneutical approach to the point where they have a pretty good counter for every argument I've seen ETers bring in, so this ridiculous idea that they are intenionally lying or using Satanic ideas is nothing but ultra fundamentalist paranoia and slander...which is also false witness...which is also against one of the 10 commandments.. I would choose your words more carefully.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:08 PM

367 posts, read 371,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Yeah, God really said:

As scripture say's one day all will confess but until then we must put up with them attacking God and His word and trying to make it personal against us. Look what they did to Jesus. Should we expect those of us who faithfully follow Jesus to be treated any better?

Old 04-12-2013, 12:30 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,850,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I was right when I said you would drag out the bible, was I not? Go ahead and believe in the ET God. I know many will go to their graves demanding that people MUST believe in literal, never-ending HELL-FIRE or else. That's pretty much what the gospel has come down to in a lot of churches. It is a fear-based religion and it works quite well for those who use it to control people.
With a smile on their face?

Old 04-12-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisWayne View Post
As scripture say's one day all will confess but until then we must put up with them attacking God and His word and trying to make it personal against us. Look what they did to Jesus. Should we expect those of us who faithfully follow Jesus to be treated any better?
"I will put enmity between thee and the woman, between thy seed and her seed."

Enmity means the state of being actively opposed to someone or something.

It appears to me that the death of Jesus was brought about through human volition, given the political and religious powers of the day. Although at the same time, Jesus was fully aware that his message and what he represented to the status quo would ultimately lead to a violent death. Thus, his life was an issue in setting the captives free from the bondage of the established sects. But his death was not divinely foreordained as a penal substitution, whereas, there is no greater love than to lay one's own life down for that of another – instead of drawing a sword. Many are fixated on Jesus' death, and will accept nothing but the blood of Jesus, as "they know not, what they do." Although, there is only ONE whose undeniable innocence (not an ordinary victim) was able to change the process of scapegoating (a slaughterhouse religion having a carnivorous diet). And it is a saving act of God; a victory over the powers of this world (men) and a defeat of death, reversing it through his Life and Resurrection. The cross may, indeed be, the centerpiece of the Christian religion, but it is not God's altar. Rather, it is the gospel which was/is/will end all bloodshed, not that of merely exchanging victims (bulls and goats for that of Christ as a substitution). It was a sacrifice to end all sacrificing. Let's not make it a prescription for suffering death, but ONE of LIFE. Through personal experience, the human race will learn how deadly and destructive their choices have been.

Collectively, we still have not learned that lesson, but we will – believe it, or not.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:49 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,850,404 times
Quote:
But his death was not divinely foreordained as a penal substitution
Scripture says otherwise. What is your authority?

Old 04-12-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Scripture says otherwise.
Thank you for your humble- opinion.

Quote:
What is your authority?
The Spirit of Christ.

But, you can always say, "crucify him" within that of your own heart.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:59 PM

45,760 posts, read 27,410,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Amen, and I think we should definitely question the motives of anyone who would believe that their own children, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, friends deserve to be eternally tormented in flames of literal fire without end. Anyone who believes that and walks away with a smile on their face is a spiritually sick individual. They will drag out the B-I-B-L-E and demand you bow down to it and/or their interpretation of it and if you don't they will write you off to the vengeance of their imagined ET God.
The thing is - God will do what He is going to do. Whatever will happen in the eons, or whatever you want to call it, He will bring it to pass.

I will praise God regardless of whether He saves everyone, or He punishes 90% of the population forever and ever - because of who He is.

Can you say the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity