Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 06:51 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,016,151 times

Advertisements

Now that we got "Hell" out of the way, can we get back to the discussion:

Why did Jesus have to die if all will be saved?

And let's enlarge upon this topic a little: If all will be saved (as God said He will do in 1 Timothy 2:4-6; 4:10), why does God still judge mankind for their acts? especially since "Christ covered not only our sins but the sins of the whole world also" (1 John 2:2).

Since God is going to justify all mankind and make all mankind righteous (Romans 5:18,19) why does God still need to drag mankind through judgment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 10:08 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,529,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
O.K. twin.spin,
Thanks for your thoughts. I hope you are really satisfied with your last answers to me. Does your conscience bother you about how you answered me? I believe you are being disingenuous in your answers. But, well, that's O.K. because God has promised to bring everyone into a realization of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4-6).
Me disingenuous ... since when?

You were the one who taunted with the demand for "manly" answers so I'm not bothered not in the slightest. Your last sentence shows your intentions that will be exposed someday as to who as Peter wrote about:
His [Paul's] letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. 2 Peter 3:16
1 Timothy 2:4-6 says or implies no such thing unless God said nothing than just 'Jesus loves me this I know ... and

Old 04-16-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Now that we got "Hell" out of the way, can we get back to the discussion:

Why did Jesus have to die if all will be saved?

And let's enlarge upon this topic a little: If all will be saved (as God said He will do in 1 Timothy 2:4-6; 4:10), why does God still judge mankind for their acts? especially since "Christ covered not only our sins but the sins of the whole world also" (1 John 2:2).

Since God is going to justify all mankind and make all mankind righteous (Romans 5:18,19) why does God still need to drag mankind through judgment?
Why because ignorant and unstable people distort what Paul writes about. 1 Timothy 2:4-6 makes no such claim and if you'd stop insisting on bring a larger square peg to a smaller round hole you would understand why Jesus did.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Why because ignorant and unstable people distort what Paul writes about. 1 Timothy 2:4-6 makes no such claim and if you'd stop insisting on bring a larger square peg to a smaller round hole you would understand why Jesus did.
That's your answer to my question? Really?

God will bring all to judgment even though Christ died for all "because ignorant and unstable people distort what Paul writes about." That doesn't make a lick of sense as to answering my question.

The proper answer would be: God brings mankind to judgment for their acts even though Christ died for their sins because mankind needs set straight as to their act. That is what judging is all about.

It is like a boy who purposely breaks the neighbor's window. His father pays for the damage. But the boy still needs to be disciplined to learn from what he did. Jesus did not die to keep mankind from needful, loving correction.

twin.spin "God is the Saviour of all mankind, especiallly them that believe. THESE THINGS CHARGE AND TEACH" (1 Tim.4:10,11).
Start being obedient like I am.

twin.spin, continue with the dark side. God
can't save all mankind.

Eusebius, continue with the light
side of the force of Jesus Christ.
Save all mankind will God. Hmm.
Save all mankind He will. Yes.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
That's your answer to my question? Really?

God will bring all to judgment even though Christ died for all "because ignorant and unstable people distort what Paul writes about." That doesn't make a lick of sense as to answering my question..
Really .... ignorant and unstable people distort what Paul writes about as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

"ignorant and unstable people distort" 1 Timothy 2:4-6; 4:10,11; Romans 5:18,19; 1 Corinthians 15:22-28; Col.1:20; Eph.1:9,10

"ignorant and unstable people distort" the word "all" to mean "all inclusive"

"ignorant and unstable people distort" (due to the "all inclusive" mandate) the will of God from "everyone who looks to the Son and believes" to "everyone will look to the Son and will believe"

"ignorant and unstable people distort" John 3:36 to exclude God's wrath remaining or remaining for a temporary duration.

"ignorant and unstable people distort" Galations 5:20-22

Old 04-16-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Really .... ignorant and unstable people distort what Paul writes about as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

"ignorant and unstable people distort" 1 Timothy 2:4-6; 4:10,11; Romans 5:18,19; 1 Corinthians 15:22-28; Col.1:20; Eph.1:9,10

"ignorant and unstable people distort" the word "all" to mean "all inclusive"

"ignorant and unstable people distort" (due to the "all inclusive" mandate) the will of God from "everyone who looks to the Son and believes" to "everyone will look to the Son and will believe"

"ignorant and unstable people distort" John 3:36 to exclude God's wrath remaining or remaining for a temporary duration.

"ignorant and unstable people distort" Galations 5:20-22
Then quit distorting what Paul wrote in 1 Timothy 2:4-6; 4:10,11; Romans 5:18,19; 1 Corinthians 15:22-28; Colossians 1:20; Ephesians 1:9,10 and you won't be classed with the rest of the ignorant and unstable people who also distort what Paul wrote.

Here is Galatians 5:19-21 which you referenced above:
Now apparent are the works of the flesh, which are adultery, prostitution, uncleanness, wantonness,
(20) idolatry, enchantment, enmities, strife, jealousies, furies, factions, dissensions, sects, (21)
envies, murders, drunkennesses, revelries, and the like of these, which, I am predicting to you, according
as I predicted also, that those committing such things shall not be enjoying the allotment of the kingdom
of God."

Do you think that when God is All in all mankind that any of mankind will be doing those works of the flesh?

Quote:
Is God's wrath still remaining on you? Did it remain on you at one point in your life?

Old 04-16-2013, 02:14 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, actually most of them say Sheol. You picked out the one that said "hell".

Well,l now you know the difference between "hell" and "Sheol". Thank you for the opportunity to educate you on the matter.
Like I said we are getting somewhere when we understand that the word hell does not mean a place of eternal torment. We can then go on to understand why Jesus Christ actually died instead of believing it was from eternal torment. Then hopefully with an open mind we can look at the reason we wrongly believe wrath, punishment,judgement and condemnation means those under it are eternal hell bound.

to you first, God, having raised up His child Jesus, did send him, blessing you, in the turning away of each one from your evil ways.Acts 3:26

You will not read a verse of scripture more clear on what we are saved for, instead of clinging in fear from the notion we have been bewitched with that we are saved from eternal hell.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:23 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,968,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
to you first, God, having raised up His child Jesus, did send him, blessing you, in the turning away of each one from your evil ways.Acts 3:26

You will not read a verse of scripture more clear on what we are saved for, instead of clinging in fear from the notion we have been bewitched with that we are saved from eternal hell.
That the blessing is in that turning from wicked ways is a "salvation" I can seriously relate to.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:28 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
That the blessing is in that turning from wicked ways is a "salvation" I can seriously relate to.

Indeed. How else could we be saved from the destruction our sin has caused unless we are turned from that sin?

Old 04-16-2013, 02:39 PM

Notice Jesus nor Peter nor Paul ever evangelized anyone by saying "Save yourselves from hell!"? It was always: "Save yourselves from this untoward generation." (Acts 2:40).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity