Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 05:15 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,159,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Mr Jarber, Mr Wayne and Mr 555, would you agree that Jesus Christ is the exact representation of who God is,that him being the Life that is the Light to all men, by His actual Life,described to us what God truly is like ?.

He said if you have seen me you have seen the Father, what does this mean to the 3 of you ?.
I'm not one of those three but I feel Jesus was saying that if we look at ourselves, we look at God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 05:19 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,454,614 times
Quote:
Mr Jarber, Mr Wayne and Mr 555, would you agree that Jesus Christ is the exact representation of who God is,that him being the Life that is the Light to all men, by His actual Life,described to us what God truly is like ?.

He said if you have seen me you have seen the Father, what does this mean to the 3 of you ?.
I agree for Jesus Christ is who we are.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:30 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,864,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
OF course it is NOT about rejecting the entire OT! It is what tells us of Christ. It is the descriptions of God and His motives and actions that are contradicted by Christ's entire life and teaching. Every time reference is made to God and what His motives are or what He is doing and why . . . they are WRONG! They believed in a jealous, savage War God who demanded blood sacrifices to appease His wrath and that is how they described Him. They did not recognize the God of love that Christ revealed and that is why they scourged and killed him. I am afraid that our brothers and sisters in Christ who continue to believe in the War God are corrupting their love of God with misunderstanding of Him. They should believe Christ and have faith in His revelations of our God's true nature as Love.
War god? You mean like this one, which Jesus talks about?

And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades. For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.”

Old 04-22-2013, 05:37 PM

249 posts, read 313,742 times
Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
-Joh 8:57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
-Joh 8:58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

-Act 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
-Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord{Yehovah}? And the Lord{Yehovah} said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
So yes...they are ONE and THE SAME GOD. GOD is amazing like that...

Old 04-22-2013, 05:41 PM

64,138 posts, read 40,463,715 times
If you are going to copy/paste from some weird source always copy it to the notepad FIRST . . . then copy it from the notepad to the forum The notepad will strip all the extraneous and annoying stuff. You can't do it once you have posted it to the forum, though because the junk commands have been changed to text. You have to do iton the original source text.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 04-22-2013 at 05:52 PM..

Old 04-22-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you are going to copy/paste from some weird source always copy it to the notepad FIRST . . . then copy it from the notepad to the forum The notepad will strip all the extraneous and annoying stuff. You can't do it once you have posted it to the forum, though because the junk commands have been changed to text. You have to do iton the original source text.
I reposted it...above. I didn't realize it was going to do that lol....

Old 04-22-2013, 05:48 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,454,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscombobulateYa View Post
Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
-Joh 8:57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
-Joh 8:58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

-Act 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
-Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord{Yehovah}? And the Lord{Yehovah} said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Of cause, unfortunately we forgot who I AM is,and created God after our own imagination.

Isaiah 46:5 To whom will you liken Me and make Me equal and compare Me, that we may be alike?.

Isaiah 46:8 Earnestly remember the former things, [which I did] of old; for I am God, and there is no one else; I am God, and there is none like Me.

Last edited by pcamps; 04-22-2013 at 05:56 PM..

Old 04-22-2013, 05:50 PM

Old 04-22-2013, 06:41 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,993,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You don't seriously think I would believe a person in the internet who says the Bible is a lie, and that I should listen to him because the spirit told him the truth?

For years I have been asking your universalist friends to tell me one spiritual teaching which the spirit has told them, which is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, but cannot be found in the Bible, but none of them has been able to provide one. Now that you have suggested that the Bible cannot be trusted, I finally have one such thing, but I have to tell you that I do not believe that message came from the Holy Spirit.
Sorry, lost in the primary concern. The first sentence is another misrepresentation of what I and others have said about the Bible, which is a useful tool, but subject to errors that need to be examined in the light of the Spirit. Judge by the fruit o the spirit.

As for the second, let me propose the idea that took over 1800 years for the church in general to realize and that is that it is inherently wrong for one person to own another as chattel. I don't think there are many who think that slavery is ok. We'll just do one at a time, ok?

Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 PM

367 posts, read 372,092 times
Quote:
Of cause, unfortunately we forgot who I AM is,and created God after our own imagination.

It's great to see you admit that you have created a god after your own imagination. Admiting you have a problem is the first step to recovery!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity