Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 06:38 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,017,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He also quoted scripture to those who thought they had the truth, who sat in their places of worship every sabbath listening to the writings( probably knowing it off by heart) yet they rejected his understanding and knowledge of them.
In Luke chapter four Jesus even referred to the Hebrew OT Scriptures as the final authority on matters even to Satan.

The Scriptures are written in such a way so those not wanting to serve God can find an excuse as a way out to find fault.
-2nd Timothy 4 vs 3,4; Luke 8 v 10

Whereas Jesus used Scripture as a multi-purpose tool as his spiritual compass, spiritual light, and spiritual swiss army knife.
-Psalm 119 v 105; Hebrews 4 v 12
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 06:50 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
In Luke chapter four Jesus even referred to the Hebrew OT Scriptures as the final authority on matters even to Satan.

The Scriptures are written in such a way so those not wanting to serve God can find an excuse as a way out to find fault.
-2nd Timothy 4 vs 3,4; Luke 8 v 10

Whereas Jesus used Scripture as a multi-purpose tool as his spiritual compass, spiritual light, and spiritual swiss army knife.
-Psalm 119 v 105; Hebrews 4 v 12
The scriptures testify that Jesus Christ is THE Word of God, the scriptures also tell us that HE is THE Bread of Life. The scriptures say HE is THE Truth............... Do you see a common thread here. Jesus Christ's authority came directly from the Kingdom of God, not up in the sky somewhere but from within him. This is my beloved son in why I am well pleased.......listen to Him

Old 04-23-2013, 06:54 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,851,941 times
Quote:
The teachers of the law and the elders came to him. By what authority are you doing these things?” they asked. “And who gave you authority to do this?

Jesus replied, “I will ask you one question. Answer me, and I will tell you by what authority I am doing these things. John's baptism—was it from heaven, or of human origin? Tell me!”

They discussed it among themselves and said, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will ask, ‘Then why didn’t you believe him?’ but if we say, ‘Of human origin’ . . . ” (They feared the people, for everyone held that John really was a prophet.)

So they answered Jesus, “We don’t know.”

Jesus said, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things.”

If you look at this account carefully you will see that Jesus told them by what authority he was doing these things( I have bolded the part to help). In fact he told them shortly before that he was operating out of the Kingdom of God,which I will remind you is in us as it was in him who cast out demons by the finger of God,we just need to seek it there and find it there.
You've proven my point. Why would Jesus say "It is written..." if the written word was not from God?

Old 04-23-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
He also quoted scripture to those who thought they had the truth, who sat in their places of worship every sabbath listening to the writings( probably knowing it off by heart) yet they rejected his understanding and knowledge of them.
Exactly! He said, "The scriptures speak of me, and you missed it!"

Old 04-23-2013, 07:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,797,224 times
Quote:
The scriptures testify that Jesus Christ is THE Word of God, the scriptures also tell us that HE is THE Bread of Life. The scriptures say HE is THE Truth............... Do you see a common thread here. Jesus Christ's authority came directly from the Kingdom of God, not up in the sky somewhere but from within him. This is my beloved son in why I am well pleased.......listen to Him
The SCRIPTURES TESTIFY. Yes, I see a common thread: everything you say about God originates from the written word of God, the Bible.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Exactly! He said, "The scriptures speak of me, and you missed it!"
What the 100% bible believer doesn't get is, scripture testifies of THE word(Jesus Christ) it is not THE word.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
What the 100% bible believer doesn't get is, scripture testifies of THE word(Jesus Christ) it is not THE word.
It's both.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The SCRIPTURES TESTIFY. Yes, I see a common thread: everything you say about God originates from the written word of God.
Jesus Christ the word of God did not originate or come from the bible. He came from the Father

God(not the written word) became a man and tabernacled amongst us John 1:14. He told us to believe on him, and His understanding of who God IS. Folk are waking up to the truth of this and discarding the heavy yolk of the 100% bible believer. They are getting that Jesus Christ taught to seek first the kingdom of God, which he taught is within us, and as we do all things will be added unto us, including the ability to be a doer of the his sayings, not just a hearer, loving our neighbor as ourselves. They are seeing scripture in a whole new light as their minds are renewed by the mind of Christ, the same mind that taught scripture how it is, not how those who it was entrusted to shepherd the flock presented it,who mishandled it to the point where they made scripture of no effect by their burdensome traditions and doctrines and put folk in captivity by it,rather than nurturing them into the reality of the path of life. Shutting up the kingdom of heaven against men:and neither going in themselves , and stood in the way of them that sought to.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:33 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,797,224 times
Quote:
Jesus Christ the word of God did not originate or come from the bible. He came from the Father
You are twisting my words. I said everything you say about God originates from the Bible. Or perhaps you can tell us something Jesus has told you about God which cannot be found in the Bible.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-23-2013 at 07:46 PM..

Old 04-23-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are twisting my words. I said everything you say about God originates from the Bible. Or perhaps you can tell us something the Jesus has told you about God which cannot be found in the Bible.
Was it the bible that became flesh and tabernacled among us or Jesus Christ ?. They are not the same no matter how much you 100% bible believers say they are.

I actually believe what Jesus taught is hidden from the 100% bible believer, until he acknowledges that only He(Jesus Christ)is the Word of God. You evangelize eternal Hell, speak of sin so much that you would think you have never heard of the over abounding grace of God, being a 100% bible believer is of greater importance than actually simply seeking first His kingdom. Tell us we are God haters for not accepting your understanding of the Old Testament scriptures. There is nothing that the 100% bible believer says that would suggest they understand the teachings of Jesus, for some reason or another, they cannot help but lean towards what they believe is God in the Old Testament scriptures, even though Jesus said, you believe in God believe also in me (in other words in believing in me you will understand who God really is)

Jesus Christ never preached from the bible, he preached from the kingdom of God(which was within him)and he preached peace to those who were near and those who were afar off(wallowing in their fallen state)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity