Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 08:48 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,391,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachiri View Post
I am very interested in the fate of the fallen angels. I've studied the Book of Enoch, the Book of Jasher and the Bible and the consensus seems to be the same throughout - There is no forgiveness for these angels, they can never again look upon the face of God. Enoch petitioned God on their behalf, however God's response was eternal damnation. God claims to be omnipotent which makes sense because time does not exist as humans know it in the realm of God and His various creations. (Hence 1 day = 1000 years). Also clear from research is the fact that Satan (#1 fallen angel) rules the earth, nevertheless God is in control. God Himself determined the amount of 'time' the earth and it's inhabitants would suffer as a 'result?' of the deeds of the fallen angels. The angels may have disobeyed God but He allowed un-imaginable suffering for thousands of years. WHY?

I cannot ask God my questions - he is above questioning - I have always been troubled by the Book of Job and God's ruthless offering to Satan to do anything he liked to Job, except he couldn't take his LIFE - that was only for God to take - presumably if Job also ended up being less than 110% committed to God. He openly tells humanity he is a JEALOUS God and the horror he will bring on any entity if he is not exclusively worshipped. He has a multitude of angels in heaven whose sole purpose 24/7 is to sing his praises. On earth a leader such as this would be called a DICTATOR and a TYRANT.

He also tells humans that it is not Satan they should fear - it is He Himself. I believe this, after all the fate is the same for any entity who questions God's motives - torture and annihilation. I know I will be damned for even saying this out loud, BUT, I'm not so sure anymore that I want to align myself with a God who can be so cruel.

I have many many more thoughts to share or discuss if anyone is interested - won't bore otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hi K, read this link for a different view of our loving father and some answers to some of your questions.

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...morphisms.html

there is another link that I debated some of this on also , I will see if I can find it.

That was not as hard to find as I thought it would be. heres the other link.

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...-purposes.html

Many of your questions are answered in those 2 links Km whether you can accept the answers I gave or not will depend on whether you have an open mind, because much of what I state goes against the mainstream christian view.

Anyway hope the links are helpfull to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 03:58 PM

14,886 posts, read 17,170,876 times
Quote:

Paul said that God was going to reconcile all in heaven, on earth and under
the earth. Who does that leave out? God is a righteous judge, and full of love
and mercy. His judgments can seem harsh while we labor under them, but JOY
COMES IN THE MORNING. The gospel is GOOD NEWS FOR ALL PEOPLE and I believe that
includes any angels
Agree. God bless.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
I have a hard time picturing angels falling.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:08 PM

670 posts, read 815,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I have a hard time picturing angels falling.
You see to an angel, god is their whole world, to go against gods will, is to separate themselves from him, and when that happens their in pain for a long time till an empty feeling fills there whole being, that empty feeling inspires them to roam thee earth going back and forth through it. They have to return to god for short periods of time our else their souls will burn out, like a fire with no fuel. God is merciful to the fallen until she decides what to do with them. The fallen have a chance to redeem themselves but no two angels have the same final test to redeem themselves.

The process of falling is slow, it starts as temptation, angels experience it just as humans, but they have a stronger resolve to resist, they still have freewill, but god gave them a stronger will to resist if they chose to resist, angels are not suppose to dwell on things, that is how there temptations get stronger, until they act upon it, when they act upon it they have sinned, when sin enters the heart of an angel it begins to eat away at the connection between them and god, they have a choice to make amends and repair that connection or if they continue on their path sever it completely. If the connection is severed, some thing huge happens, they are changed spiritually, physically, and mentally, into a different creature. This is incredibly painful for the angel who is now a fallen one.

Some things in the process of a falling angel can not be expressed in words, one would have to be a fallen angel to understand it, imagine being wrapped in a blanket of joy, and happiness, of eternal bliss only to have that blanket ripped from you and torn to shreds in front of your eyes, that is what happens to the mind of a fallen angel when it is separated from god.

The spirits of most fallen ones roam thee earth or heavens while I was punished by being turned into a human and forced to reincarnate.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
You see to an angel, god is their whole world, to go against gods will, is to separate themselves from him, and when that happens their in pain for a long time till an empty feeling fills there whole being, that empty feeling inspires them to roam thee earth going back and forth through it. They have to return to god for short periods of time our else their souls will burn out, like a fire with no fuel. God is merciful to the fallen until she decides what to do with them. The fallen have a chance to redeem themselves but no two angels have the same final test to redeem themselves.

The process of falling is slow, it starts as temptation, angels experience it just as humans, but they have a stronger resolve to resist, they still have freewill, but god gave them a stronger will to resist if they chose to resist, angels are not suppose to dwell on things, that is how there temptations get stronger, until they act upon it, when they act upon it they have sinned, when sin enters the heart of an angel it begins to eat away at the connection between them and god, they have a choice to make amends and repair that connection or if they continue on their path sever it completely. If the connection is severed, some thing huge happens, they are changed spiritually, physically, and mentally, into a different creature. This is incredibly painful for the angel who is now a fallen one.

Some things in the process of a falling angel can not be expressed in words, one would have to be a fallen angel to understand it, imagine being wrapped in a blanket of joy, and happiness, of eternal bliss only to have that blanket ripped from you and torn to shreds in front of your eyes, that is what happens to the mind of a fallen angel when it is separated from god.

The spirits of most fallen ones roam thee earth or heavens while I was punished by being turned into a human and forced to reincarnate.
It appears you have given this subject much thought and have invested a great deal of feeling as well.

I cannot pretend to address your experience. I can only speak of my own - and my thoughts.

But my sense is - if angels exist, they all still fly high - if that's where they want to go.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:37 PM

4 posts, read 4,566 times
Thank you for your post. Yes, the subject is very important, I feel the emptiness they would feel and know the feeling of being lost to God. I hope they are forgiven and can fly again.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:22 PM

4 posts, read 4,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post

I have been re-reading some of the posts and noticed something I had missed first time. In the last sentence, do you mean you are one of the fallen and have re-incarnated through the human line? Am I mis-interpreting? Is that possible? I understood angels were created eternal.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 363 times
It must depend on how deep the angel has fallen ... Its also safe to say this judgement is up to God alone . However It is true that God has created laws which govern our lives and is therefore giving his judgment through those laws .

Old 12-30-2018, 12:19 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabondwanderer View Post
It must depend on how deep the angel has fallen ... Its also safe to say this judgement is up to God alone . However It is true that God has created laws which govern our lives and is therefore giving his judgment through those laws .
Bad angels were created/programmed to fall

Old 12-30-2018, 12:25 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabondwanderer View Post
The meaning of “Angels” in scripture is messengers, it is the doctrines of men that have been read back into the scriptures that have created actual beings called “angels” and “demons”

The scriptures are metaphoric, prophetic and allegoric and not to be read literally
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity