Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2014, 04:20 AM

50,135 posts, read 20,899,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
They were working in iron prior to the flood.

Gen 4:22 And Zillah, moreover, she bears Tubalcain, a forger of every tool of copper and iron.
And the sister of Tubalcain is Naamah.

Obviously Noah had all the skills necessary to build the ark because he did build it and it did work to save the 8 on board as well as the animals.

Your ignorant ranting just got flushed down the toilet like that of Abraham's day.
You argue round in circles. We have done this. There is NO evidence of Iron -working in archeology, not even in connection with Minoan flushing toilets. The Genesis reference is anachronistic, because it was written when Genesis and exodus was added to the Legal chapters of the Bible, lifting the Flood and ark from Babylon and the story of Moses from Sargon of Akkad. The evidence is there in the contemporary records.

You haven't been able to produce a single record of the Genesis version from antiquity - just insist that Genesis proves Genesis - the most circular of circular arguments.

Your case is shown up to be so much unflushed denialist crud, old son.

Incidentally, evidence (post #520 I recall) that you were trying to use the Black sea flood as proof of Noah's flood. When it turned around and bit you in the leg you tried to pretend that it was MY theory and was 'dumbest'.

Quote:
Well it is interesting that the archeologist who discovered the Black Sea flooding said it was most likely the result of Noah's flood if I remember correctly.
You may fool yourself, but not me. And those following the thread will see how your contradictory wriggling discredits you.

Have a lovely day old pal.

Here again #523. "Umm, the Black Sea proved the world-wide flood of Noah's day. The buildings under what is now the Black Sea proves a world-wide flood. They didn't build those dwellings AFTER the area flooded. It flooded at the time of the world-wide flood.

What I am against is people saying the Black Sea flood was separate from the world-wide flood of Noah's day and that that small flood was the basis for the world-wide flood
."

and that after posting in #516
"The black sea flood is the dumbest idea as if that is what sparked the flood of Noah's day historical account. I mean, really?"
It is hard to follow what model or theory you are proposing, because all we get is a flurry of contradictory denial of anything you think I am saying.

#540 "quote=Eusebius;33325864]Well it is interesting that the archeologist who discovered the Black Sea flooding said it was most likely the result of Noah's flood if I remember correctly."

a sort of vague fishing around for anything that LOOKS like it might support Genesis - literalism.

and finally #552 "Your Black sea theory does not work." MY theory! All I did was show that the Black sea flood was limited and therefore (even if it DID give rise to the legend, as the theory claims) it is nothing to do with and no support for the Genesis claim of a total global flood that destroyed everything.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 02-09-2014 at 04:40 AM..

Old 02-09-2014, 05:25 AM

5,543 posts, read 7,150,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm happy trumpethim and Eusebius have found each other.

The Gay Christian Mingle - YouTube

Old 02-09-2014, 05:42 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,030,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
I am too! Just fishin' for truth!
I am not ashamed to call him my brother (Heb.2:11)

Old 02-09-2014, 05:48 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,030,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
You argue round in circles. We have done this. There is NO evidence of Iron -working in archeology, not even in connection with Minoan flushing toilets. The Genesis reference is anachronistic, because it was written when Genesis and exodus was added to the Legal chapters of the Bible, lifting the Flood and ark from Babylon and the story of Moses from Sargon of Akkad. The evidence is there in the contemporary records.

You haven't been able to produce a single record of the Genesis version from antiquity - just insist that Genesis proves Genesis - the most circular of circular arguments.

Your case is shown up to be so much unflushed denialist crud, old son.

Incidentally, evidence (post #520 I recall) that you were trying to use the Black sea flood as proof of Noah's flood. When it turned around and bit you in the leg you tried to pretend that it was MY theory and was 'dumbest'.

You may fool yourself, but not me. And those following the thread will see how your contradictory wriggling discredits you.

Have a lovely day old pal.

Here again #523. "Umm, the Black Sea proved the world-wide flood of Noah's day. The buildings under what is now the Black Sea proves a world-wide flood. They didn't build those dwellings AFTER the area flooded. It flooded at the time of the world-wide flood.

What I am against is people saying the Black Sea flood was separate from the world-wide flood of Noah's day and that that small flood was the basis for the world-wide flood
."

and that after posting in #516
"The black sea flood is the dumbest idea as if that is what sparked the flood of Noah's day historical account. I mean, really?"
It is hard to follow what model or theory you are proposing, because all we get is a flurry of contradictory denial of anything you think I am saying.

#540 "quote=Eusebius;33325864]Well it is interesting that the archeologist who discovered the Black Sea flooding said it was most likely the result of Noah's flood if I remember correctly."

a sort of vague fishing around for anything that LOOKS like it might support Genesis - literalism.

and finally #552 "Your Black sea theory does not work." MY theory! All I did was show that the Black sea flood was limited and therefore (even if it DID give rise to the legend, as the theory claims) it is nothing to do with and no support for the Genesis claim of a total global flood that destroyed everything.
You just don't get it as to what I was driving at, do you AREQUIPA.

Let me explain it to you.
I am against people using the flooding of the Black Sea AS IF THAT WERE THE BASIS FOR THE GLOBAL FLOOD OF NOAH'S DAY.

What the ignorant do is to see the Black Sea flooding and say: AHA! this could be where the story of Noah's flood comes from. It started out a small local flood of the Black Sea and thousands of years later the legend grew to having Noah build a huge ship and water covering the entire globe.

Do you now see what I'm driving at? Probable not but at least I tried.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:37 AM

50,135 posts, read 20,899,891 times
Quote:

I am against people using the flooding of the Black Sea AS IF THAT WERE THE BASIS FOR THE GLOBAL FLOOD OF NOAH'S DAY.

What the ignorant do is to see the Black Sea flooding and say: AHA! this could be where the story of Noah's flood comes from. It started out a small local flood of the Black Sea and thousands of years later the legend grew to having Noah build a huge ship and water covering the entire globe.

You certainly don't get what I'm saying or what you were saying -in the posts I reviewed. I get what you are saying now.

I have been saying all along -repeatedly, and consistently - that the black sea flood is feasible enough. The idea that it could have been the event that sparked off the legend of Noah (though I favour the Babylon link) is also reasonable, but it is nothing to do with a total global flood as described in genesis.

You NOW seem to be saying that, too. You are saying that the total global flood of Genesis is true, but the Black sea flood is nothing to do with it.

Thus the Genesis flood stands alone with no support but itself. I am not sure whether you still suppose that the Black sea flood sparked off a legend of Noah, because that of course would tend to discredit the Genesis legend being applied to a total flood. Thus the legend of Noah has to be linked with the total flood of genesis and Creationism (this means you ) cannot afford to have the story linked with the Black sea flood in any way at all.

I don't mind how often I explain this and you fail to understand it, because the readers, who can presumably grasp the point, are shaking their heads and wondering why you are still trying to make out that you are proving something by pretending that you are disproving something that YOU posted in the first place, anyway.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:32 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,388,733 times
Quote:

Eusebius:

I cannot believe you were once a Catholic. I often wonder if some people are wired to be bible literalists rather than Catholic.

The Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church clearly tells Catholics that Genesis is likely a poem. And that changes nothing.

I often wonder if some modern evangelicals are at the same primitive or lesser level than the Catholic Church was in medieval times. But, even then--------when they declared Galileo a heretic they were still pushing education and science. What you propose is a retrograde movement to the dark ages.

Lastly, there is no way in hell that scientists of this era would ignore the fact that men could live to more than 900 years before the flood. If that was really true we would have discovered the what and why of their longevity. A global secret conspiracy of that magnitude is simply implausible.

Floods come and go and people write about them. Our barbaric ancestors generally believed that bad weather was punishment from God. And sadly some people from this modern era are stuck with the mind set of primitive men that lived a few thousand years ago.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:35 AM

546 posts, read 549,887 times
Quote:
I am not ashamed to call him my brother (Heb.2:11)
Well, Eusebius, when 'brain-lock' occurs the only way left to defend one's position is to try to get personal... must be getting desperate! This is very close to the old school rhyme, "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but videos will never harm me." We may need some adult supervision here! The children are getting frustrated.

You know, the first time that I spoke with someone about the reality of Noah's Ark, that person gave me a tongue lashing that I haven't forgotten. It was exactly 40 years ago, and that vitriolic action only served to make me dig deeper for answers about Noah. And the more I search, the more I am convinced of its reality. The other person is still stuck in her ignorance and world view. She hasn't learned anything, and it's because the whole thing is predicated by her being hurt by others, and she has been unable to forgive and break free of that hurt. It's a complex world that we live in!

We need to stay on course with this thread, even though there are those that have no interest in the subject nor do they wish to contribute anything worthwhile.

I AM glad that there are those that DO have information, and it is coming out in this thread!

Old 02-09-2014, 09:41 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,388,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
Well, Eusebius, when 'brain-lock' occurs the only way left to defend one's position is to try to get personal... must be getting desperate! This is very close to the old school rhyme, "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but videos will never harm me." We may need some adult supervision here! The children are getting frustrated.

You know, the first time that I spoke with someone about the reality of Noah's Ark, that person gave me a tongue lashing that I haven't forgotten. It was exactly 40 years ago, and that vitriolic action only served to make me dig deeper for answers about Noah. And the more I search, the more I am convinced of its reality. The other person is still stuck in her ignorance and world view. She hasn't learned anything, and it's because the whole thing is predicated by her being hurt by others, and she has been unable to forgive and break free of that hurt. It's a complex world that we live in!

We need to stay on course with this thread, even though there are those that have no interest in the subject nor do they wish to contribute anything worthwhile.

I AM glad that there are those that DO have information, and it is coming out in this thread!
The Catholic Church teaches that Genesis can be taken as a poem by bible readers.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Eusebius:

I cannot believe you were once a Catholic. I often wonder if some people are wired to be bible literalists rather than Catholic.

The Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church clearly tells Catholics that Genesis is likely a poem. And that changes nothing.

I often wonder if some modern evangelicals are at the same primitive or lesser level than the Catholic Church was in medieval times. But, even then--------when they declared Galileo a heretic they were still pushing education and science. What you propose is a retrograde movement to the dark ages.

Lastly, there is no way in hell that scientists of this era would ignore the fact that men could live to more than 900 years before the flood. If that was really true we would have discovered the what and why of their longevity. A global secret conspiracy of that magnitude is simply implausible.

Floods come and go and people write about them. Our barbaric ancestors generally believed that bad weather was punishment from God. And sadly some people from this modern era are stuck with the mind set of primitive men that lived a few thousand years ago.
That fact is, that, scientists DO ignore this fact! Putting faith in a supposition is dangerous. There is no conspiracy about ignoring these things. This is properly called blindness. Blindness of this sort can only be cured by light.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The Catholic Church teaches that Genesis can be taken as a poem by bible readers.
The Catholic Church teaches...Well, I've said before, I was raised a Catholic, yet you, without knowing me, told me I never could have been raised that way. I know more than enough to know that the Catholic Church is just a church organization, and just like all other organizations, it holds no authority in Godly things. Jesus is the head of the true church, and HE is the mediator. When I want authority on truth, I go to him, not men or organizations.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity