Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will former Christians that became Atheists go to heaven?
YES 16 34.78%
NO 30 65.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 01:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I have no problem with the idea that you were active in a church, but you apparently were a false convert -- if we are to believe John. I do not doubt your level of commitment to the religion, but your definition of Christian is much different than what the Bible says is a Christian. John wrote that if you had been one, you never would have left. 1 John 2:19.
But that's just, like, the opinion of the dudes who wrote the pamphlets that hundreds of years later were collated into a book.

In other words, worthless to most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 02:05 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
But that's just, like, the opinion of the dudes who wrote the pamphlets that hundreds of years later were collated into a book.

In other words, worthless to most.
I wouldn't expect you to actually care what the bible says. I realize you place little stock in it.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:12 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
I have no problem with the idea that you were active in a church, but you apparently were a false convert -- if we are to believe John. I do not doubt your level of commitment to the religion, but your definition of Christian is much different than what the Bible says is a Christian. John wrote that if you had been one, you never would have left. 1 John 2:19.
I doubt that your definition of Christian and my definition, when I was one, differ much at all.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:32 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I doubt that your definition of Christian and my definition, when I was one, differ much at all.
Obviously, they do. You seem to think one can be a Christian, then not be a Christian. The Bible says otherwise.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:02 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times
Quote:
Obviously, they do. You seem to think one can be a Christian, then not be a Christian. The Bible says otherwise.
Obviously you still can't get past the hard teaching of Jesus who says one can and then doesn't remain is not John 15:6-9, or the parable of the Sower and the Seed or as John wrote:
1 John 2:24
As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you.
If it does
, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I believed that too. Like I said, very little difference at all between our definition, Vizio.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:21 PM

1,100 posts, read 795,914 times
Quote:
I sought the truth, passionately and fervently. That's why I'm no longer a Christian.
Brother, and I still can call you brother, you sought the truth without His help. That's the difference.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
Brother, and I still can call you brother, you sought the truth without His help. That's the difference.

You are 100% mistaken.

(I'd rather you didn't call me brother. Sister would be better. )

Old 12-04-2014, 04:46 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
Well, I have seen Alzheimer's patients that were very religious/Christian prior to their illness, but not afterwards.
So what about them ? Disease that causes the Mind to change ?
By the way, there is no cure. as I once said, "not even god can cure alzheimer's."

Old 12-04-2014, 05:53 PM

1,100 posts, read 795,914 times
Quote:
You are 100% mistaken.

(I'd rather you didn't call me brother. Sister would be better. )
Okay, sister. My bad.

But you will find that it is you that is 100 % mistaken but I cannot prove that to you. Only Jesus can, but you have to ask Him and expect an answer, trusting Him to be your Good Shepherd in doing so.

Hopefully you will find that truth about whatever it was that turned you away from Him in time before the Bridegroom comes, but if you should find yourself left behind, know that you are still His, and you can call on Him for forgiveness and peace in spite of the devastation coming on the earth and the subsequent great tribulation.

So now is the time to ask Jesus if you wish to escape the hour of trial that shall try all upon the earth, beloved sister.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity