Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will former Christians that became Atheists go to heaven?
YES 16 34.78%
NO 30 65.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 11:53 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,860,499 times

Advertisements

The bible says if you reject him, he rejects you so no you wont go to heaven if you reject him.

Its not a one time and thats it thing. You cant get saved at 7, live like crap until you die at 77 and expect to go to heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 01:19 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,517,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
People don't reject God, they reject what they don't believe.
What's the problem in that..? You either believe something or you don't.
You cannot FORCE belief, nor would you want to.

I personally believe that "every knee will bow". Not out of fear or terror or "right before they're thrown into eternal flames.." But that every knee will bow out of the sheer WEIGHT of His LOVE.

In my opinion, one who self identifies as a christian, yet who believes God will cause an eternity of suffering for some of the people that He created, are further away from the true picture of God than an atheist who doesn't even believe that there IS a God.
sparrow
ok ... I'm trying to envision this as a conversation between you and a atheist

Atheist: I don't believe in God
Sparrow: People don't reject God, they reject what they don't believe.

Atheist: Well, I consider myself a 'people', are inferring I'm not? ... and just tell me how do I as an atheist, who doesn't believe in God ,mind you, reject what they don't believe?
Sparrow: Oh, fyi .... I personally believe that "every knee will bow".

Atheist: Really ... mind telling me just how this non-existent God of yours going to do that ... by force?
Sparrow: You cannot FORCE belief, but that every knee will bow out of the sheer WEIGHT of His LOVE.

Atheist: not by FORCE, but by sheer WEIGHT ......
............. oh I see. Like the God elephant who sits on a atheist ....

... you want me to believe that's not by FORCE the atheist can't get up, it's just sheer WEIGHT
Sparrow: Yup, not by FORCE , it's just sheer WEIGHT of LOVE

Atheist:
I thought you said "they reject what they don't believe." ... does that include you?
Sparrow: In my opinion, one who self identifies as a christian, yet who believes God will cause an
............eternity of suffering for some of the people that He created, are further away from the true
............ picture of God than an atheist who doesn't even believe that there IS a God.

Last edited by twin.spin; 06-18-2014 at 01:31 AM..

Old 06-18-2014, 06:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No one knows and no one should pretend to know! Only God knows and ONLY God decides.
So, you are not sure whether or not atheists end up in hell?

Old 06-18-2014, 06:44 AM

2,169 posts, read 3,142,949 times
I love how this forum is full of people who know what is in other people's hearts and know what is in God's head.

You people are really special.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:38 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,249,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am.

They don't.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:49 AM

63,953 posts, read 40,245,624 times
Quote:
No one knows and no one should pretend to know! Only God knows and ONLY God decides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is no hell of the type most people believe in. I don't think there is any ambiguity in my post, Finn. ONLY God knows and ONLY God decides. What about that is confusing to you?

Old 06-18-2014, 10:05 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,157,644 times
Quote:
There is no hell of the type most people believe in. I don't think there is any ambiguity in my post, Finn. ONLY God knows and ONLY God decides. What about that is confusing to you?
I agree only God can make that decision, but if his word says where unbelievers end up, do you believe someone who was saved, but later on in life became an atheist and reject God and die unrepentant with that hate in their heart for God is going to heaven?
That pretty much makes the Christan walk in life and trying to act holy and be like Jesus pointless , if all you have to do is confess and believe and you can do as you please from that point on and still get the same end reward as someone who turned down all the sinful temptations in life.
That is what OSAS teaches and some on here actually think people like atheists will go to heaven because they were once saved as a kid or teen. WHy would God reward a person who actaully hates him and wants nothing to do with him. For that atheist, Heaven would be actual hell considering they would have to be with God forever.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:07 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,569,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Man wants heaven because he has made the earth hell.
I LOVE that quote!

Old 06-18-2014, 10:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
Quote:
Decides what? The conversation is where atheists go, heaven or hell, and you said only God can decide that. I agree about who decides, but what decision are you talking about when you argue hell does not even exist. If there is only one destination, then there is nothing to decide.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:30 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,215,619 times
I still err on the side of caution, respect and wisdom and choose not to play God. I will not say that anyone is going to hell and it is pointless and somewhat hypocritical for us imperfect people to presume to know. God will decide, so it is far wiser to respect that 100% rather than say a group of people that one does not like or agree with are going to hell. It is very disrespectful to God IMO when people want to make that decision to condemn others to hell as if they were God themselves. We don't know. He knows and will decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity